Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no worries Zen has access to heaps of tables . my picks , CV , NGG , WD . you could surprise me Zen and chuck in say , Taxi !!! ( wishful thinking , you never if you never ask ):cool:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling that Circus Voltaire will be part of the next release. I could be totally wrong though and have it end up being TOTAN. I don’t think both would be in a release together though. So one or the other. And I am not even going to hazard a guess on the other tables. You all are much better at guessing than me!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
No wouldn't it be something if Zen had to visit Farsight to get access to a CC?! Since they're on different electrical systems there'd be no point in shipping it over to Hungary. Using an adapter for a 'phone charger is one thing, using one for a pinball machine might be a teensy bit more dangerous.
Each pinball machine has a fuss block (transformer) that regulates power in the machine and supports between 100-240 voltage input. All the machine needs is a converter box which can be bought on Amazon for less than $100.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/SEYAS-Transformer-Converter-Continous-Protection/dp/B06VVXN2SR/

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
the way he was talking about it on the interview i think they already have a cactus canyon

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Bad Cats, you say? Well, let's put it this way:

No multiball. No combos. No ball save. That's what Bad Cats is. You're left with 3 passive powerups, which EVERYONE is limited to in Zen Single Player. And those aren't even remotely connected to some of the greatest rewards in the game.

The rules are also significantly imbalanced and almost akin to being what looks like Cyclone 1.5. I seriously doubt Zen will go for a table that lacks of excitement in terms of action. It's TOO simple.

I was also thinking about Cyclone not making it in either, but at least players have a choice choosing powerups on that game. (Given anyone should be able to make a Skill Shot...)

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'd like to see some alphanumerics and SS tables, microscopic as the chance might be.

I just want White Water fixed. Looks great, decent play, but the six-year-old TPA version runs circles around it soundwise. And sound wasn't even TPA's strong suit.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I'd like to see some alphanumerics and SS tables, microscopic as the chance might be.

I just want White Water fixed. Looks great, decent play, but the six-year-old TPA version runs circles around it soundwise. And sound wasn't even TPA's strong suit.

I don't think Zen will disappoint, I'm reasonably confident they'll address those sound issues though it's more complex than I anticipated. I really need to spend some more time probing how Farsight solved those issues, I suspect it's not elegant or accurate but works.

Grateful for the new version but still think this table is insanely overrated (IPDB SS #9 / Pinside #25), I don't like the play of the original cab, Zen or Farsight version.

Last edited:

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I don't think Zen will disappoint, I'm reasonably confident they'll address those sound issues though it's more complex than I anticipated. I really need to spend some more time probing how Farsight solved those issues, I suspect it's not elegant or accurate but works.

Grateful for the new version but still think this table is insanely overrated (IPDB SS #9 / Pinside #25), I don't like the play of the original cab, Zen or Farsight version.

The Pinball Arcade never truly emulated the audio of games. Rather they recorded all the sounds and music and then played their own recordings back whenever the ROM called for a sound to be played. It was a decent solution, but wasn't fully authentic, since music channels wouldn't cut out when SFX played and there was room for error if someone at Farsight messed up a recording (Like the jackpot sound on Twilight Zone) or linked a sound with the wrong audio call. Also, the first few seasons of tables used pretty low quality audio recordings on a lot of platforms, which was the biggest issue of this method.

Badfinger

Feb 26, 2017
Just give us Bad Cats as the 3rd in a pack then, I like the table, have played it a lot at PHOF, and much prefer it over already released: Hurricane and don't get me started on PBA choices like Spanish Eyes.

Improve Bad Cats' flaws on a reproduction, works for me!?! Offer original flaws in settings for purists!?!

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I just want something not released yet in TPA in the past. If they do all DMD non license stuff, from Bally there Circus Voltaire, Who Dunnit and Cactus Canyon left, along with Revenge from Mars but i think this one might be more technical to produce, and Williams No Good Gofers, Totan and Jackbot. I guess its a clear enough indication on whats left for the next 2 non license DMD packs.

I dont mid getting these, play most often on Switch and dont have them there, but god id love something not done yet.

Members online

Members online