Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I just want something not released yet in TPA in the past. If they do all DMD non license stuff, from Bally there Circus Voltaire, Who Dunnit and Cactus Canyon left, along with Revenge from Mars but i think this one might be more technical to produce, and Williams No Good Gofers, Totan and Jackbot. I guess its a clear enough indication on whats left for the next 2 non license DMD packs.

I dont mid getting these, play most often on Switch and dont have them there, but god id love something not done yet.

I could second that about something that hasn't been done yet. Like I've said before, the PFX3 tables look so much better and overall, seem to be very well crafted by Zen. But I'd like to be able to hit the ramps in Road Show (ramps aren't that difficult to hit IRL-did it easily at our local retro arcade just the other day) and not have my White Water music "drowned out" (pun intended) by the cymbals. Even if I had a fever, the prescription for WH2O's music is not more cowbell.

I wouldn't mind Monster Bash and CFTBL for Halloween-both need a serious Zen overhaul. It could be hard for some to overlook who made the latter mention though. And we all know why...…..

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
When are we likely expecting Volume 5, August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think 6th or 13th August is looking most likely, though it could just about be 30th July. As of last Saturday its not yet in beta which probably means its at least 4 weeks away.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Think 6th or 13th August is looking most likely, though it could just about be 30th July. As of last Saturday its not yet in beta which probably means its at least 4 weeks away.

I think this sounds about right. Then you have Star Wars coming to Switch mid September. The question is, if there indeed is a licensed table coming for Halloween, do they also release Vol 6 in that same time period (call it early October) or hold it for more of a late November to early December release?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I suppose nobody mentioned CFTBLagoon because it's licensed. Actually, it's probably because I am the only one who likes that table. Love to see Circus....come on Circus!

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I like CFTBL too, even though its multiball vexes me. I'd love to see Zen give it the treatment when and if they can.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
we are on a different AC voltage. But that's it. Worst case scenario, they would need some 220V to 110V converter if the machine itself does not work on both voltages like any charger in the last 20 years.

Not just that. There's also the 60Hz vs. 50Hz issue if that is used for clock ticks.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I suppose nobody mentioned CFTBLagoon because it's licensed. Actually, it's probably because I am the only one who likes that table. Love to see Circus....come on Circus!

Its a table i would love to see Zen make, perhaps like a few other it would make me love it cause i didnt enjoy the Farsight representation. Better looking clear ramps would be just way better.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Correct, the license is why nobody is mentioning it for Vol 5 or 6. Licensed tables will get their own release (that we are told) not labeled as a “volume”.

I have a love/hate relationship with Creature. There’s a lot about it that annoys me, but in TPA I am able to absolutely dominate the table. A sub 2 billion game is failure to me. Then I go play on a real machine and I can’t break 500 million. No two machines have behaved the same either, and I’ve played on a bunch.

So I would certainly welcome it to Zen, if for nothing else than it looking and playing heaps better. The annoyances will still be there though.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
What's the chances of Monster Bash and Creature for Halloween tables? MB would massively benefit from a Zen remake! Love Bram Stoker Dracula too, however as it was a later Pinball Arcade table it played pretty well imo.

Volume 5 fingers crossed for Cactus Canyon, No Good Gofers and Circus Voltaire - would still be happy with Who Dunnit and TOTAN though

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
I’m hoping for Monster Bash for halloween. I can’t imagine it would be that hard to license. They are the universal monsters right?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Farsight was able to get it without a Kickstarter, so I'm hopeful it will be an easy early licenced table for Zen. It's probably the #1 table I'd want to see a Zen update to. But the Universal Monsters are still an active property, possibly more so than when TPA first released Monster Bash, so who knows.

I'm trying not to imagine a "Dark Universe" makeover for the table.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FarSight could have got all their licenses without a Kickstarter had they trusted they’d make their money back from sales. By the final one, and I’m not kidding, the thought was why wouldn’t we do a kickstarter since it’s free money to us? They knew there was no risk anymore, but there were still sheep to be fleeced.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just googled it to see what the Kickstarter options had been on the Doctor Who table. The Doctor Who pinball party at Farsight studios must have been very quiet as there were 0 backers at the US$1,000 tier. As a consumer, was there any benefit from backing the kickstarter rather than just buying it when released (other than the few who wanted the signed print); was there a real risk that it wouldn't have been released? All made a bit of a moot point, looking at the dates looks like a little under 2 years that it was available to buy.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
There is rarely ever a reason for the consumer to participate in a Kickstarter to get a deal. It will almost always be cheaper to buy the finished product when it's out. Which is why it's so prone to scams. It's been a huge boon to small press studios and publishers to get things made that wouldn't otherwise, but you do need to do your research and at a certain level trust in the people you are backing when you enter in on one.

The only direct benefits I got from backing a Kickstarter over waiting on the product (assuming the product would have come out had the Kickstarter failed), was a couple of board games I backed that had extras not available in the retail release (and if you wanted to resell you could do so for a huge markup on Ebay), and when I got the chance to go to the Season 11 premier of Mystery Science Theater.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The only Kickstarter I ever did was for the Spinner Cube, a fidget device. The price for 2 was what I would have paid anyway, and it was better than a standard fidget cube. Antsy Labs, makers of the original fidget cube, wound up slapping them with a lawsuit. The good news is, all orders from the Kickstarter were fulfilled prior to the cease and desist taking effect! So had I waited, I never would have been able to purchase.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Did you lose a bet?

I play with my spinner cube every single time I do a podcast. It’s a trick for reducing the amount of “ums” and “uhhs” one tends to do when speaking in such a manner. I will find a way to turn anything into a fidget device, but usually that means making some kind of repetitive noise with it which drives my wife bonkers. Spinner cubes are mostly silent.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
FarSight could have got all their licenses without a Kickstarter had they trusted they’d make their money back from sales. By the final one, and I’m not kidding, the thought was why wouldn’t we do a kickstarter since it’s free money to us? They knew there was no risk anymore, but there were still sheep to be fleeced.

Wow, just wow.

Members online

Members online