Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    After what Zen did to WH2O and RS, a longer time-out may be necessary.
    Not that I care for those 2 tables, just curious, what and how did Zen mess up on them?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZREXMike2 View Post
    Not that I care for those 2 tables, just curious, what and how did Zen mess up on them?
    I can understand not caring for them-we all have different preferences. But WH2O screwed up the sounds and music horribly. (The BGM is one of my all-time favorites in a pinball not named "Metallica") Ramps are near impossible to hit on both tables in PFX3. I'm not expecting TPA-ish ramp spamming, but I can hit the ramps on both tables IRL-I know because I've played both real tables in the past month.

However, I'm still confident that Zen will address these issues much sooner than FarSight would have.
    Here's where I stand so far: Pack 1 rocked, Pack 2-only liked AFM, but great attention to detail. , Pack 3-well done execution-wise but lukewarm table selection (exception: ToM), and Pack-4-great table selection but bad execution.
    "Pay attention to backward!"

My Devices
    iPod 5, PS3, Wii U, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand not caring for them-we all have different preferences. But WH2O screwed up the sounds and music horribly. (The BGM is one of my all-time favorites in a pinball not named "Metallica") Ramps are near impossible to hit on both tables in PFX3. I'm not expecting TPA-ish ramp spamming, but I can hit the ramps on both tables IRL-I know because I've played both real tables in the past month.

However, I'm still confident that Zen will address these issues much sooner than FarSight would have.
    Here's where I stand so far: Pack 1 rocked, Pack 2-only liked AFM, but great attention to detail. , Pack 3-well done execution-wise but lukewarm table selection (exception: ToM), and Pack-4-great table selection but bad execution.
    I really haven't had any issues with hitting the shots on those games. Whitewater does seem a bit more difficult than I'm used to, but once I got dialed in on Roadshow I was able to get some good games going. I'd probably be at the same point with Whitewater, but I've barely played it since they messed up the music so bad (WH20 is one of my favorite soundtracks as well)...
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramps are near impossible to hit on both tables in PFX3. I'm not expecting TPA-ish ramp spamming, but I can hit the ramps on both tables IRL-I know because I've played both real tables in the past month.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystman12 View Post
    I really haven't had any issues with hitting the shots on those games. Whitewater does seem a bit more difficult than I'm used to, but once I got dialed in on Roadshow I was able to get some good games going. I'd probably be at the same point with Whitewater, but I've barely played it since they messed up the music so bad (WH20 is one of my favorite soundtracks as well)...
    I've played both tables a lot over the last two weeks and I can't say that I have a problem with hitting the ramps other than that you have to be accurate as a miss is unforgiving, especially on White Water.

I guess I'm lucky regarding the White Water music as I never play with music on. I've rarely played pinball in real life so I don't have any nostalgia for the music and gets irritated with it quickly irrespective of the table. I know that is just me so hope that Zen will address it quickly.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Youtube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as i love to believe Zen will fix issues faster than Farsight, i am not so sure. Two month and a half now and Road Show on Nintendo Switch rewind camera bug is still not fixed, and i think these update are tied to be applied on future release. Well Farsight not doing better with Stern Pack with ACDC got completely removed and nothing as come in to replace it. God, Switch is really getting hammered by bad luck for pinball i guess...

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I have noticed, at least on the iOS version, is that the ball on White Water often falls between the humps on the left side and then immediately drains out down the middle between the flippers. So annoying.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    The only thing I have noticed, at least on the iOS version, is that the ball on White Water often falls between the humps on the left side and then immediately drains out down the middle between the flippers. So annoying.
    tried playing pinball on my phone, just not for me. spoiled by consoles and psvita i guess.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t able to stand it on my iPhone 5s, but on the much larger screen of my 7 Plus, I quite enjoy it now (though still not even close to how much I prefer playing on my computer)

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed some of the pinball games (tpa and a couple of Zen) on my Note 9 just to see what they were like, and I was a bit impressed actually. The first table I played was Doom and the graphics were excellent for a screen that size, and it was pretty playable. It doesn't hold a candle to playing on a PC of course, but it's good enough to kill some time when you're stuck waiting somewhere like a doctors office. I've since played a couple of the Zen Williams tables on the fone, and man, are they tough. Pretty, but tough.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried playing pinball on my phone, just not for me. spoiled by consoles and psvita i guess.
    I'll stomach it at times mobile on the Switch, but yeah, pinball on the phone is just... wrong.

My Devices
    PS3, iPad 3, 3DS, Xbox 360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only play it on my iPad. Have PA and ZEN on consoles but much prefer it on the iPad. Always at my side and ready to go for a quick game. No booting up times and I prefer it in portrait. The only downside is the nudging.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I would never play on my phone. Even my XR is too small. But on the ipad it is great. Play it everyday that way.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567