Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Just got an update to the Williams Pinball app on Android, with "stability improvements" and "minor bug fixes" - could this be a platform update in preparation for release of the next table pack?

I have accumulated 475 coins waiting for this pack to be released, I'm ready to go!

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
arg, it's taking so long to hear stuff. i guess unless they throw us an out of nowhere surprise for Halloween we wont see something farsight didnt do this year. its so crazy to think how fast farsight was throwing tables at us the first year. just lobbin' the things at us. i know they had some glitches and stuff but right now my ps4 version of zen has been really glitchy itself. examples- when you end a challenge or game all the stuff that's supposed to display about how you did compared to your best time is all blank fields, Ive seen the ball fly off the table into nothingness on a couple different tables which resulted in ball searches and giving me a new ball after a time. when you start shadow boxing on championship pub it loses the ball everytime so the countdown just ticks away and when it's over it ball searches. and many more little things that can annoy you. like how the hell are you supposed to do the survival mode on safe cracker when the damn board game makes the time tick down, it's like youve got to time your entrances to the bank just right at the start of a new level or you lose. ive got it up to level 14 twice, only challenge i haven't completed, its very frustrating. so zen isnt perfect or anything but they are pretty good. part of the problem of why we arn't seeing something farsight didnt do is they already did all the best stuff that doesn't cost tons of money to do. so when you look at the list of the 12 licensed dmd tables we never got from farsight you have to remember that are mostly very hard to acquire properties, with a couple that lacked interest in the mix.

01 Gilligan's Island 1991 Bally
02 Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure 1993 Williams
03 Demolition Man 1994 Williams
04 The Flintstones 1994 Williams
05 Popeye Saves The Earth 1994 Bally
06 Corvette 1994 Bally
07 The Shadow 1994
08 Dirty Harry 1995 Williams
09 Johnny Mnemonic 1995 Williams
10 Congo 1995 Williams
11 NBA Fastbreak 1997 Bally
12 Star Wars Episode 1 1999 Williams

of those I think the big top 2 are The Shadow (designed by brian Eddy- Medieval Madness, Attack from mars) & Indiana Jones (Mark Ritchie- taxi, dinner, fishtales, sorcerer...)
we NEED those two

corvette is actually a good one that probably has no interest or anyone asking for, if you are not a car enthusiast and just ignore the theme it's a bally from 1994, bally didnt know how to make a bad table in 1994, same goes for NBA fastbreak even if you hate sports the table layout is awesome.

I feel like once Zen figures out what it can and cant get the rights for and has given us a handful of what it can they might try and retheme the impossible rights tables just to not waste all those great layouts and rules. that's probably not going to be a thing for several years though if ever.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
oh yeah and i forgot to mention the wild cards... those several tables that probably wont be digitized but could potentially maybe be considered... some of them are not even fully finished but are almost there. like the time in 2005 when bally attempted to make a come back with the Crocodile Hunter, and if that actually released maybe it would have kept them going and making new tables after... but instead they payed 38k for the license to a 3rd party company that didnt actually own the rights to sell and went bankrupt. they did not get that 38k back. It would have been legit but the 3rd party company didnt hand the money off to the real holders yet. and that was the last thing bally ever did. word is they had 1 working unit with playable working rules and but no playfeild art or dmd animations. another more obvious wild card is Revenge from Mars, I feel like that one will happen down the line. and once revenge from mars is figured out with it's weird tech, there's the other wild card table that uses the same system as RFM and SWep1 called Wizard Blocks, a working prototype can be seen on youtube, however the original creator finished it on his own years after the fact, so zen can't actually own the work that completed it without making a deal. Williams had a prototype of Playboy in 1999 and supposedly had a working prototype without playfeild art, they went out of business before it got released. I bet all the tables bally/williams had in the works right as they went out of business would have been some of their best work.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
oh yeah and i forgot to mention the wild cards... those several tables that probably wont be digitized but could potentially maybe be considered... some of them are not even fully finished but are almost there. like the time in 2005 when bally attempted to make a come back with the Crocodile Hunter, and if that actually released maybe it would have kept them going and making new tables after... but instead they payed 38k for the license to a 3rd party company that didnt actually own the rights to sell and went bankrupt. they did not get that 38k back. It would have been legit but the 3rd party company didnt hand the money off to the real holders yet. and that was the last thing bally ever did. word is they had 1 working unit with playable working rules and but no playfeild art or dmd animations. another more obvious wild card is Revenge from Mars, I feel like that one will happen down the line. and once revenge from mars is figured out with it's weird tech, there's the other wild card table that uses the same system as RFM and SWep1 called Wizard Blocks, a working prototype can be seen on youtube, however the original creator finished it on his own years after the fact, so zen can't actually own the work that completed it without making a deal. Williams had a prototype of Playboy in 1999 and supposedly had a working prototype without playfeild art, they went out of business before it got released. I bet all the tables bally/williams had in the works right as they went out of business would have been some of their best work.

I've played the working prototype of Playboy, it was very much a whitewood, and most of the animations were static placeholders. I also played the prototype for Wizard Blocks but don't know if that was the completed version you mention or not, but it too was a whitewood.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
part of the problem of why we arn't seeing something farsight didnt do is they already did all the best stuff that doesn't cost tons of money to do.

Maybe in a particular kind of pinball..DMD, etc. but not in general. There are still some good tables left unmade, and right at the top of the list is Flash, and Vector. Both unlicensed tables so shouldn’t cost any extra than any of the others Zen hasn’t gotten to yet or have done already.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I don`t waste my time with wanting to know about tables anymore .I have around 200 tables to pick from . just wait for next week and we should find out the new table pack .:cool: I`ve had Zen tables from the start , Zen doesn`t bull crap like Farsight did . when announce something it`s usually out in 2 weeks .:cool:

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Wednesday seem the day Zen will announce Pack 5, message just pop up on facebook. God, a 5 month break, it better break the universe!

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Shame. At least a tease or promise of something extra special like an instant drop of Volume 5 and a follow up Halloween double-pack would’ve been nice.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I will be shocked if it's not a "Halloween" 2-pack of Monster Bash and CftBL. Imagine, a Monster Bash that looks like the real thing. Though with Zen's physics I'm not looking forward to that left ramp on Creature.

iamoneagain

Oct 4, 2012
I actually thought that left ramp in Pinball Arcade Creature ruined the game. One of the easiest ones to hit. And Monster Bash is much harder on the real table. So even though looking forward to some non-Pinball Arcaede tables, Zen versions will be a nice welcome

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
[MENTION=7583]Benny Baroni[/MENTION] High hopes and low expectations...

So no, I wasn’t 100% expecting something like I suggested but it would have been cool and why not hope for Zen to do something like an instant drop of the next Volume considering it has been something like 5 months plus since the last Williams/Bally pack?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.