Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

My Devices
    ipad, iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m hoping for Monster Bash for halloween. I can’t imagine it would be that hard to license. They are the universal monsters right?

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farsight was able to get it without a Kickstarter, so I'm hopeful it will be an easy early licenced table for Zen. It's probably the #1 table I'd want to see a Zen update to. But the Universal Monsters are still an active property, possibly more so than when TPA first released Monster Bash, so who knows.

I'm trying not to imagine a "Dark Universe" makeover for the table.
    Last edited by zmcvay; 07-10-2019 at 09:46 AM.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    FarSight could have got all their licenses without a Kickstarter had they trusted theyíd make their money back from sales. By the final one, and Iím not kidding, the thought was why wouldnít we do a kickstarter since itís free money to us? They knew there was no risk anymore, but there were still sheep to be fleeced.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just googled it to see what the Kickstarter options had been on the Doctor Who table. The Doctor Who pinball party at Farsight studios must have been very quiet as there were 0 backers at the US$1,000 tier. As a consumer, was there any benefit from backing the kickstarter rather than just buying it when released (other than the few who wanted the signed print); was there a real risk that it wouldn't have been released? All made a bit of a moot point, looking at the dates looks like a little under 2 years that it was available to buy.

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is rarely ever a reason for the consumer to participate in a Kickstarter to get a deal. It will almost always be cheaper to buy the finished product when it's out. Which is why it's so prone to scams. It's been a huge boon to small press studios and publishers to get things made that wouldn't otherwise, but you do need to do your research and at a certain level trust in the people you are backing when you enter in on one.

The only direct benefits I got from backing a Kickstarter over waiting on the product (assuming the product would have come out had the Kickstarter failed), was a couple of board games I backed that had extras not available in the retail release (and if you wanted to resell you could do so for a huge markup on Ebay), and when I got the chance to go to the Season 11 premier of Mystery Science Theater.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The only Kickstarter I ever did was for the Spinner Cube, a fidget device. The price for 2 was what I would have paid anyway, and it was better than a standard fidget cube. Antsy Labs, makers of the original fidget cube, wound up slapping them with a lawsuit. The good news is, all orders from the Kickstarter were fulfilled prior to the cease and desist taking effect! So had I waited, I never would have been able to purchase.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    The only Kickstarter I ever did was for the Spinner Cube, a fidget device.
    Did you lose a bet?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Did you lose a bet?
    I play with my spinner cube every single time I do a podcast. Itís a trick for reducing the amount of ďumsĒ and ďuhhsĒ one tends to do when speaking in such a manner. I will find a way to turn anything into a fidget device, but usually that means making some kind of repetitive noise with it which drives my wife bonkers. Spinner cubes are mostly silent.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    FarSight could have got all their licenses without a Kickstarter had they trusted theyíd make their money back from sales. By the final one, and Iím not kidding, the thought was why wouldnít we do a kickstarter since itís free money to us? They knew there was no risk anymore, but there were still sheep to be fleeced.
    Wow, just wow.

My Devices
    Ipad 3. Ipad mini, iPhone5, Mac mini, PS3, XBOX360, PC, VirtuaPin Mini-Cab, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One table I would really like to see released that never made it to TPA is The Bally Game Show. Hope we see that some day.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPinballWizard View Post
    One table I would really like to see released that never made it to TPA is The Bally Game Show. Hope we see that some day.
    That would make for some interesting Zen enhancements for sure. Animated version of the host would be a must. Make it very cartoony, with prizes just stacking up on the apron as you win them. If they did a custom DMD rather than the alpha numerics, could do all sorts of wacky game show like graphics there too. It basically needs to just be Press Your Luck.

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I (relatively) recently participated in the Flip Grip kickstarter for the Switch. Yeah. The TPA tables are "upside down" when you install your switch properly in the flip grip, so that was a bummer. Maybe next update (devil: who turned the furnaces off in here? I'm freezing to death!) you can choose the orientation in portrait mode (no need to come up with fancy Japanese names for the exact same thing).

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byte View Post
    I (relatively) recently participated in the Flip Grip kickstarter for the Switch. Yeah. The TPA tables are "upside down" when you install your switch properly in the flip grip, so that was a bummer. Maybe next update (devil: who turned the furnaces off in here? I'm freezing to death!) you can choose the orientation in portrait mode (no need to come up with fancy Japanese names for the exact same thing).
    The best part is that the Magic Pixel team is like four guys, and when a handful of us told them about the Flip Grip on Facebook and requested support for it, their response was "Sure!" and we had an update in like a month.

My Devices
    iPad 2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing which of the two possible options are going to make up the next pack. If it’s anything other than the below they’d be breaking the current pattern.

Option 1: Circus Voltaire, Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit
    Option 2: Tales of the arbian nights, no good gofers, jackbot.

I’d personally prefer option 1. Voltaire and Cactus Canyon play quite poorly in tpa so I’d love the upgrades plus they’re good games. I love totan but the tpa version is passable and I also love NGG (tpa did it a diservice for sure) but I own it in real life so not as interested in the digital version. Jackbot I can’t stand...layout is never one that I’ve enjoyed.

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); Switch (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieval_Gofers View Post
    Option 1: Circus Voltaire, Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit
    Option 2: Tales of the arbian nights, no good gofers, jackbot.

Iíd personally prefer option 1. Voltaire and Cactus Canyon play quite poorly in tpa so Iíd love the upgrades plus theyíre good games. I love totan but the tpa version is passable and I also love NGG (tpa did it a disservice for sure) but I own it in real life so not as interested in the digital version. Jackbot I canít stand...layout is never one that Iíve enjoyed.
    I prefer option 2 myself. I'm a big fan of the Pinbot series and I would love to have better versions of NGG and TOTAN. While I would be fine with Option 1. I'm just not a big fan of Cactus Canyon.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    option 2 definitely. circus voltaire is okay, the other 2 not my style
    Last edited by ZREXMike2; 07-20-2019 at 05:10 PM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I donít have any affinity for Who Dunnit, but I do like the other 2. Flip the coin and youíve got a Lawlor table (my faves) and TotAN which desperately needed an overhaul in TPA. So option 2 is what Iím rooting for. Now if you told me Zen was doing CC Continued, I probably would be more excited for that.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option 2 for me. One or the other is what we expect, and inside me, i wish for something unexpected.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option 2 for me, though CV and CC do need overhauls just like TotAN does. The discoloration of CC's pf in TPA is one of the most disgusting graphical hackjobs FarSight did, up there with MB. And CV was always riddled with problems.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love TOTAN, but I am going to go with option one, because the graphics and play are so lacking on Farsight’s version of Circus Voltaire and because I love Cactus Canyon so gosh darn much. “Lock is lit and so am I”.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the rest of the Bally's need improved badly. CV and Who Dunnit play really floaty, while Cactus Canyon feels kind of off to me (doesn't help that I haven't played a real CC yet but still).

I can hold out for TotAN and NGG. Jack*Bot played really well in TPA but I can't wait to see the rest eventually.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen should fix their previous release before releasing anything new. Their first three packs were very well done. But in pack 4, they severely borked the music on WH2O and Zaccaria'd the ramps, making them impossible to hit. (I can easily make ramp shots on an IRL Road Show with weak flippers).

Now that Zen is starting to have problems bringing WMS tables to life in PFX3, they should try to fix those problems before releasing anything new. Bugs from season 1 tables (2012) in TPA stayed around for years and are still there.

I'm sure that if CC and CV make it to PFX3, they'll look better as they should. But neither should have impossible ramp shots that weren't impossible to make IRL.
    "Pay attention to backward!"

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you referring to the rear left ramp? Thatís the only one I struggle with and thatís on mobile with running ball shots. Captured ball, I can hit it. So no, itís not impossible, far from it. To me itís like the dragon ramp on MM, where itís like the ball spin is preventing the ball from making it around the bend. Doable, but not as easily as youíd expect. Playing on Steam in Classic Single Player Arcade, these donít even seem like issues. So thatís the other question, what mode are you playing in?

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    Zen should fix their previous release before releasing anything new. Their first three packs were very well done. But in pack 4, they severely borked the music on WH2O and Zaccaria'd the ramps, making them impossible to hit. (I can easily make ramp shots on an IRL Road Show with weak flippers).

Now that Zen is starting to have problems bringing WMS tables to life in PFX3, they should try to fix those problems before releasing anything new. Bugs from season 1 tables (2012) in TPA stayed around for years and are still there.

I'm sure that if CC and CV make it to PFX3, they'll look better as they should. But neither should have impossible ramp shots that weren't impossible to make IRL.
    Agree that some bugs need to get fixed. Like one from pack one, its with the gamma settings for Gateway and MM on Nintendo Switch, if you love to town down the gamma for darker experience, the setting is reverse for those two table. Its pack 1 and still not fix, same as for pack 4 the rewind for Road Show bug the camera, again on Nintendo Switch. I got a feeling its the version they care less about sometime.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Agree that some bugs need to get fixed. Like one from pack one, its with the gamma settings for Gateway and MM on Nintendo Switch, if you love to town down the gamma for darker experience, the setting is reverse for those two table. Its pack 1 and still not fix, same as for pack 4 the rewind for Road Show bug the camera, again on Nintendo Switch. I got a feeling its the version they care less about sometime.
    Actually they love the Switch. I think Mel said itís his main platform. Let Akos know about these bugs via Twitter or the official Zen forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast