Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I never knew that some machines did that. Explains how I managed to set a high score on Robocop after about 3 games at a pinball show in May, likely was just a top 5 score in the 2 hours it had been on that morning.
Actually, all pinball machines (that store high scores) have this feature. Some machines have an option to deactivate it (such as WMS tables), while others don't (such as Robocop). You can also adjust the number of plays before the high score reset.

FWIW, Robocop's max score is 9,999,990 before it rolls back over to zero.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
There are so many ways around this. It can’t just be the leader boards thing. So many things that you could do to creatively address that issue.

My suggestion :

Lock the original leader boards and put an achievement or in game trophy thing like the Williams beta icons out there for beating your old leader board score with the new physics.

Top 50 or 100 of the old scores get an icon too.

I’m sure there are plenty of other things you could do ahead of it too. This isn’t even an issue or wiping all of the parts either. Just the classic single scores.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Add a column in the listings for "old physics" and "new physics", then they don't have to erase anything.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Or just leave the leaderboards and update the tables. I thought the physics update made tables easier anyway

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
I noticed that they didn't call this release volume 5. Maybe volume 5 will come shortly too! This looks like a special "Universal Monsters Pack" which I believe is priced around 9.99 USD. Just Hoping!!

Did they confirm it would be $9.99 (American) for the 2-pack? Never did see that anywhere.

PinJimmy

Jun 27, 2012
It is also confirmed that the Creature table is missing two songs

Im actually curious how the censored version of creature looks like.
Maybe some of you that allready own this pack can share some light on it.

It was also mentioned that this new pack got a new physics update different from pack 4.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Creature is missing two songs? Lame. Is one of them Earth Angel? That's the song that plays after a finished game. The music is one of the best parts of this pin for me. Why must we always get a tasty pizza from Zen but then it's dropped on the floor?:rolleyes:

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
Maybe i have an idea. Make the Zen rankings seasonal. Maybe 4 times a year. When a season ends, people can get medals or other awards, how higher you ranked the better medal you get. Make a hall of fame with all results from all seasons ingame somewhere.

Zen can update physics before next season starts. Everybody happy, and it gives people a great reason to play again each season.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Creature is missing two songs? Lame. Is one of them Earth Angel? That's the song that plays after a finished game. The music is one of the best parts of this pin for me. Why must we always get a tasty pizza from Zen but then it's dropped on the floor?:rolleyes:

End song is in. Rock Around the Clock and Get A Job are missing. Said they contacted license holders but didn’t hear back from those two. They’re hoping eventually to get a response.

PinJimmy

Jun 27, 2012
End song is in. Rock Around the Clock and Get A Job are missing. Said they contacted license holders but didn’t hear back from those two. They’re hoping eventually to get a response.

This basically means they never gonna put those two songs back in. And why would they? They selling this pack and after most people bought it its not smart to put extra money in it to add the songs.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017

I mean the other options would be to not release it at all or release it complete and get sued. FarSight had to make the same decision with licensed music/art/logos and they made the same call as Zen and removed the content they couldn't license.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019

Interesting considering PBA has Rock Around the Clock. Not sure about the other song.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
This basically means they never gonna put those two songs back in. And why would they? They selling this pack and after most people bought it its not smart to put extra money in it to add the songs.

It shows integrity going forward as they could have similar issues with other tables. If they manage to get the rights patch the songs in when the pack after it releases (some other tables are getting bug fixes when this pack releases); its certainly easier to patch songs in than redo artwork if there was a problem getting someones likeness.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Decide to give this table a proper test in TPA, and finally im starting to feel it. Just got my best game of 503 millions! Cant wait now to have it with Zen release, but kind of sad to see Rock around the Clock song not being in there. I just cant point Get a Job song, where do we ear it normally?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

Wonder if they could of used cover versions as place holders and then replace with the original if they ever did get the go ahead!?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think Creature has five licensed songs that are supposed to play randomly with each ball. The TPA version only licensed three of these songs (well, I think one was public domain), and they tied each ball with a different song.

If zen acquired the license for all 5 songs, would we even hear the other two since each game seems to start at the rom’s Save State?

Members online

Members online