Williams' Collection Volume 5 guesses

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Kinda expected, but what was not expected is it being a 2 tables only. Wondering why Addams Family is not in it, the license is Universal for it too right?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I have played both in real life, and CftBL is murderously difficult in real life (as noted by others above) while the TPA version was one of the easier tables in the entire collection - it suffered a lot from being a Season 1 release and having one of the most egregious and unrealistic vacuum ramps in all of digital pinball history (later tuned down).

Monster Bash, on the other hand, was always one of my favorite in TPA (even though it was a bit too easy), and is probably my favorite real-life table as well. I am really looking forward to getting both of these into the Williams app!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I know we're getting two more tables already done in TPA-but these are two more that can use a serious overhaul from what the TPA versions were. Great choice of tables and hopefully they'll fix what was wrong with Williams pack 4 in the process.

Our retro arcade got the CGC version of MB earlier this year. Much, much harder than the TPA version.

Despite my complaints about pack 4-I'm hoping to enjoy this pack!

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I'm totally fine with it being only two tables, since it's two really awesome tables... and of course the licensing costs come into play for Zen. Ten bucks. Whatevs. Looking forward to it.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
My feeling toward this release:

One one side im happy, we finally seem some licensed tables jump in, so its a good sign for the future. Expecting to be maybe price the same, but if its the cost to get licensed stuff, i really dont mind paying it.

The tables: Monster Bash i am very happy, and with Zen version, it look pretty damn sweet. Cftbl, well, its a table i didnt enjoy much in TPA, i hope the way it feel will make me like it more. I will see if i can get to love it more and finally feel it. Never played the rl table, but the tpa digital representation didnt hook me, hoping i can at least enjoy it finally.

Side im a bit disappointed : Well, 5 months break, and 2 tables. I expect maybe something else, new tables as im often complaning we havent seen digitally, maybe like two packs to cover that 5 month break. No, just these two feel slim. But fans of both of them, im oretty sure they are very happy, probably my side of being too critics sometime.

Overall, i just cant wait to play Monster Bash, 2 weeks and we got it!

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Kinda expected, but what was not expected is it being a 2 tables only. Wondering why Addams Family is not in it, the license is Universal for it too right?

Not only a different studio, but Addams Family is an especially tricky license as you have to negotiate with a dead actor’s estate too.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Not only a different studio, but Addams Family is an especially tricky license as you have to negotiate with a dead actor’s estate too.
Raul Julia's estate wasn't the issue apparently.

Christopher Lloyd was allegedly asking too much and being difficult.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

I'd imagine with the new animated movie out, the cost for doing TAF is going to be even greater than it was when Farsight did it. Yes I know Zen appear to be licensing wizards, but for MB/CfTBL I think they already had a Universal Monsters license in place, so it was pretty much a shoo-in. TAF is a whole different pickle jar.

kleio

Oct 6, 2019
These are two great picks, but a 5 month gap leading into a two table pack is slower than I had hoped for the William's releases. Pinball Arcade lost 60 tables. It is frustrating that you could buy those 60 tables on console in June 2018 but if you didn't get them then you are not going to see some of them again until 2022 at the current release rate. I know this is not Zen's fault as they are creating them from scratch at a higher quality and renegotiating all licensed elements but I wish we could get them even faster somehow.

Anyway, Creature is a great table and Monster Bash is one of the best. As always the table assets look very nice and I'm looking forward to playing these on release day.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I took a look at the two beta videos posted by the LUP's club and wow...

Based on that short bit of Classic Arcade Beta footage, the flipper physics looks like it could have been tweaked nicely. The player didn't specifically try any flipper tricks but on Monster Bash at 1:28 (nice tip pass) and 4:25 (drop catch) the flipper reaction looked great! On the PAPA tutorial he said that it is key to do a live catch right from the left orbit on the left flipper (although it doesn't look too hard to control with a dead flip i.e. see 1:37). That is probably the first thing that I'll test out when I get to play the table ;) . I haven't been able to be very consistent with flipper tricks yet on any of the tables so don't build it into my strategies. Strangely enough I find live / drop catches easier on Vol 1 - 3 (especially Theatre of Magic) compared to Vol 4, but tip passes is certainly easier and more reliable on Vol 4. Really looking forward to try it out!

On Monster Bash it doesn't look like any of the ramps are drain monsters, the slingshots aren't hectic, the ball stays away from the outlanes, and the ball looks easy to bring under control. I think we can look forward to long gameplay on this table and it might just be a good beginner table for people that want to get used to Classic Arcade physics.

Creature also looks not too unkind although you have much less time to react when you brick a shot (i.e. at 1:28, 2:39). The ball also seems to stay away from the outlanes and the slingshots are fine. The left ramp does look a bit problematic though when the ball speeds back out from a failed shot (i.e. at 1:10). The middle ramp/orbit also looks a bit dangerous for a return from a failed shot (i.e. at 2:33). It is a pity the player didn't get a shot right all the way up that left ramp in this game so that we could get a better look at what it does. So it might play more difficult and depending on what they make the achievement, it can be difficult to acquire i.e. Super Jackpot!

I know... it is bad so make any conclusions based on a bit of Beta footage, but I'm excited to see some gameplay so couldn't help myself :cool:

P.S. Wims from LUP's club just explained that it is not beta footage but footage that will be released to the press so show off the tables.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Not much to say other than the echo the sentiments of others.

-Not surprising. Half of us guessed this months ago.
-These tables desperately needed remakes.
--Hopefully Creature plays like the real thing and not the awful TPA version.
-Hopefully there's still another pack coming before 2020 and that this wasn't the only Williams content they worked on for 5 months.
-I'm fine with paying a bit more for licensed tables.
-The new Addams Family looks terrible. Someone said that, right?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Cloda , nice vid , animations look great :cool: Citizen , mate if we don`t get a Xmas pack , nah , we will .:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Not much to say other than the echo the sentiments of others.

-Not surprising. Half of us guessed this months ago.

Think you could say the Schrodinger's Cat was out of the bag ages ago - its what lots of us thought was most likely, but there was still some uncertainty.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Two pins that could use a remake. As expected they look beautiful.

The only things I keep asking for the IOS mobile version are the following. Anybody know if any of these changes were made with this update?

1) landscape view made available
2) changes to the nudge regions (or more options added to this)
3) a simple table purchase option

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Two pins that could use a remake. As expected they look beautiful.

The only things I keep asking for the IOS mobile version are the following. Anybody know if any of these changes were made with this update?

1) landscape view made available
2) changes to the nudge regions (or more options added to this)
3) a simple table purchase option

It's ironic that on IOS / Android they don't want to give us landscape view and on Xbox One / Playstation 4 they don't want to give us portrait view :rolleyes: What's up with that?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Creature from the Black Lagoon looks Jackpot and Super Jackpot dominated

It is in TPA, not so much on the real table. The rub is that the jackpot value permanently doubles each time you score a SJ. That's way too easy to do in TPA and runs wildly out of line with the rest of the scoring, but on a real table it's rare to get the SJ once in a game, never mind three or four times running. Also the jackpot multiplier is too easy to increase on TPA's vacuum ramp. We don't know yet where Zen's version will play on the difficulty scale.

I couldn't see from the PAPA tutorial if there are also huge Jackpots on Monster Bash.

Not jackpots, but wizard modes. The Monster Bash mode tends to roughly double all your scoring that came before it, and then so does Monsters of Rock again on top of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.