Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams Pinball Vol. 4 – May 28 – White Water! Hurricane! Red and Ted's Road Show!

My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams Pinball Vol. 4 – May 28 – White Water! Hurricane! Red and Ted's Road Show!

This update will also contain a redesigned flipper physics system. The flippers now behave more like their real-life counterparts, meaning they react to the weight of the ball, and they wobble when snapping to upright position and when going back down.

Last edited by jrolson; 05-16-2019 at 08:22 AM.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As an update to what was said in the interview with Mel about new flipper physics...

He was mistaken that the new physics will be applied to all the tables straight away. For now they will only be available on the Volume 4 pack.

In a lot of ways this will sort of be a public beta, they are going to be looking for lots of feedback. I suspect once that is given, they'll then go and apply all that to the rest. Easier to troubleshoot when everyone is focused on the same 3 tables. That being said, I've got no problem with what I've been playing in beta, so yeah.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first set without a table i like, bummer.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    As a Lawlor fan, I'm happy about Roadshow. I dislike the whole trilogy that Hurricane is a part of. White Water is one of those that never has stuck with me. It takes a while to learn the rules, and then if I don't play for a while I forget them all again. All I know is I'm glad they didn't pair Hurricane with Who Dunnit, as that would have been a double whammy for me.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This pack has 3 pins I played the heck out of. Hurricane was my gateway drug, so to speak. There was a Road Show in another one of the campus bars/clubs I was in a lot, don't recall ever playing it sober, but I played plenty. Then there was a White Water in an arcade near where I grew up, I spent a couple of summers pumping cash into it (and Whirlwind). I'm happy with all 3 choices, with extreme Nostalgia Glasses(tm) on.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZREXMike2 View Post
    first set without a table i like, bummer.
    Same.

My Devices
    PS3, PC, Android,PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with these tables. Looking forward to playing these.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like all three TPA tables, but I'll admit that they were an acquired taste. Getting the rule sets right took me a long time on WW and Roadshow, and WW still gets up my nose for being a brick-fest when my play isn't spot-on. Hurricane can be fun when it's not being an evil bastard.
    Last edited by dmil666; 05-17-2019 at 10:59 PM.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`m happy , looking forward to the animations on Hurricane

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfson View Post
    I`m happy , looking forward to the animations on Hurricane
    I’m telling ya, they’re creepy as hell!

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your opinion, when Zen eventually gets around to Funhouse, do you think that Rudy will be animated when enhanced graphics are on, or left as he is?

This question is, of course, completely unrelated to any of the upcoming 3 tables.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think he'll be left as is. Though I wouldn't mind a doll figure of him running about the apron or peeking behind table objects.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    shutyertrap , sounds good to me , thanks .

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, KindleHD
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really happy about these choices. White water and Road-Show were "o.k.-tables" on TPA, but never really got me. Hurricane is imo just annoying. Wonder, If I should spend 10 Euros on that table-set.
    Last edited by Silverball67; 05-18-2019 at 06:37 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same on seeing the vid. Looks great!

My Devices
    PS3/PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to put down the actual table pack 4 in itself as I have no problem as such with any of the tables all three are solid enough and looks from the trailer as though Zen have done another good job on them, however, I'm finding it harder & harder to get excited about these Williams/Bally releases now as they continue to release tables I already own on TPA again & again.

So far I have bought all the Williams/Bally tables Zen have released even though I already own them in TPA, but, I think I'll make a stand with pack 4 and wait for Zen to actually release something new (if they ever do) while PFX3 may do certain things better than TPA with these tables at the end of the day they are still the same tables.

I hope pack 4 sells well and many people are happy with the pack, but, personally the sooner Zen start releasing tables never released on other games or at the very least release the odd licensed table to mix things up a little the better as far as I'm concerned.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    I'm happy with all 3 choices, with extreme Nostalgia Glasses(tm) on.
    Same here, really looking forward to this pack

EDIT: DAMN! Just realized I'm out of the country during release week
    Last edited by kimkom; 05-20-2019 at 04:34 AM.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like a solid pack to me.
    “Road Show” and “Whitewater” are favorites — and I can’t wait for the improved physics and enhancements!

I recently tried to play AFM on TPA and found that it was *impossible* after being exposed to the Zen version. So I don't really feel like I own any of these tables until they are available via FX3!

Speaking of that, I *really* need a “Funhouse” now in the worst way. Here’s hoping it’s in the next pack!!
    ———————————————————————————————-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: “Spirit of ‘76” (Gottlieb) — “Simpsons” (Data East) — “Big Bang Bar” (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: “Revenge From Mars”, “Indiana Jones”, “Funhouse”

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vfpcoder , Funhouse that would be nice , deserves a beer !!!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    Speaking of that, I *really* need a “Funhouse” now in the worst way. Here’s hoping it’s in the next pack!!
    It won’t be. Next 2 packs will be the 6 non licensed DMD tables left. Mel said alphanumerics are coming, but after.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an update to what was said in the interview with Mel about new flipper physics...

He was mistaken that the new physics will be applied to all the tables straight away. For now they will only be available on the Volume 4 pack.

In a lot of ways this will sort of be a public beta, they are going to be looking for lots of feedback. I suspect once that is given, they'll then go and apply all that to the rest. Easier to troubleshoot when everyone is focused on the same 3 tables. That being said, I've got no problem with what I've been playing in beta, so yeah.
    Hi shutyertrap and thanks for the awesome blahcasts you are doing. Can you also ask Mel in another blahcast if the slowed down "tournament mode" physics of Vol.3 (equivalent to "arcade mode" in Vol.1 & 2 in terms of speed), will be the norm from now, Vol.4 and on, and most importantly if they have plans either bringing those to the old tables (Vol.1 & 2) for consistency reasons (having the same experience across all tables), or vice-versa bringing the "tournament mode" physics of Vol.1&2 to Vol.3&4 and on, to give those tables also that unique feel of participating in a real life tournament like PAPA Vol1&2 had, which was lost in Vol.3. Personally I prefer the Tournament mode physics of Vol1&2 but I could live with the first solution as well, as long they are everywhere consistent, because switching Volumes is quite a shock right now .

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pinfan7; 05-20-2019 at 09:27 AM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    Hi shutyertrap and thanks for the awesome blahcasts you are doing. Can you also ask Mel in another blahcast if the slowed down "tournament mode" physics of Vol.3 (equivalent to "arcade mode" in Vol.1 & 2 in terms of speed), will be the norm from now, Vol.4 and on, and if they have plans either bringing those to the old tables (Vol.1 & 2) for consistency reasons (having the same experience across all tables), or vice-versa bringing the "tournament mode" physics of Vol.1&2 to Vol.3&4 and on, to give those tables also that unique feel of participating in a real life tournament like PAPA Vol1&2 had, which was lost in Vol.3. Personally I prefer the Tournament mode physics of Vol1&2 but I could live with the first solution as well, as long they are everywhere consistent, because switching Volumes is quite a shock right now .

Thanks in advance
    I wasn't aware of any changes to the physics. Tournament mode primarily adjusts the game settings in terms of scores needed and extra balls not being given. If the option of having outlane settings is present, those will be adjusted too, and it was mentioned table slope might also be tweaked. Your best bet for getting an answer on this, as this is so not what Mel does, is to contact Zen via Twitter, maybe snoop out what Deep's Twitter is as ultimately he is the one making these adjustments.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of any changes to the physics. Tournament mode primarily adjusts the game settings in terms of scores needed and extra balls not being given. If the option of having outlane settings is present, those will be adjusted too, and it was mentioned table slope might also be tweaked. Your best bet for getting an answer on this, as this is so not what Mel does, is to contact Zen via Twitter, maybe snoop out what Deep's Twitter is as ultimately he is the one making these adjustments.
    Thanks, though that sounds a lot of spionage work and I don't have twitter anyway I am referring to the tournament physics of Classic Single Player with the tournament setup, I'm surprised you don't notice the difference! Can't be. Or maybe I used the wrong word (can't remember Zen's language it's a bit of a mess there) misleading you. Try playing Theater of Magic for a while then switch to any Vol1&2 table like Party Zone, Fish Tales, Medieval Madness, etc. The speed of the ball is at least about 30% faster there!
    Last edited by pinfan7; 05-20-2019 at 10:02 AM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    Thanks, though that sounds a lot of spionage work and I don't have twitter anyway I am referring to the tournament physics of Classic Single Player with the tournament setup, I'm surprised you don't notice the difference! Can't be. Or maybe I used the wrong word (can't remember Zen's language it's a bit of a mess there) misleading you. Try playing Theater of Magic for a while then switch to any Vol1&2 table like Party Zone, Fish Tales, Medieval Madness, etc. The speed of the ball is at least about 30% faster there!
    I know you were referring to the physics, but they are exactly the same as if you selected Arcade instead. The only difference is the rake of the playfield, the outlane post adjustments, and certain scoring parameters.

I just had a go on MM, ToM, Party Zone, and Champ Pub with Tournament selected. I did not feel a pronounced difference. If anything, the difference I felt was in I've been playing with the new flipper physics on the 3 new tables for a few weeks now, and it's odd not having them for Volumes 1-3!
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    Xbone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about some tables we haven't played to death in TPA?!
    Fire!, Mad Catz,...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast