Williams Pinball Vol. 4 – May 28 – White Water! Hurricane! Red and Ted's Road Show!

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
I haven’t been able to play any of the new tables :( they appear in my arcade list and I can click on them and the camera pans over, but they don’t appear in my store (table parts OR buying outright) and I can’t seem to earn any table parts for them ether. I’m also getting the occasional blank challenge or no tables appearing in the arcade environment and it just panning around the wooden pillar.

Do you guys think I should uninstall and reinstall? I get the impression the update hasn’t downloaded correctly. How is the data stored? I don’t want to lose my progress by uninstalling. Playing on iPad Air 2 with latest IOS.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I got word from Zen this morning that, “​...the new tables for iOS will be released soon, probably next week!”

“It is delayed due to technical issues.”

What a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The iOS version failed certification. It's been rescheduled to release next week.

Thanks for the heads up. Was just gonna ask if anyone got the update on iOS yet. No big deal, another week won’t hurt.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I know. It’s like when TPA would get a new table and console users had to wait 6 months to a year. 1 week is just inhumane.

It is when it was said that Zen would be different and release all platforms same day. It’s all about setting expectations. And expectations were not met in this case. I hope this is only a one time thing, and doesn’t end up becoming a pattern.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
The iOS version failed certification. It's been rescheduled to release next week.

Great thanks, thought I was going mad! I have my iPad set to auto update and when I saw the three new tables in the list of logos I assumed it had done it. I will eagerly wait until next week.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Seems easy to miss the little touches sometimes - taken me until now to see the "caution "Ted" ahead" sign - says it all really. Also a sign of a roadworker with a pinball for a head.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, Zen have done a great job with this pack. All three tables look great :cool:

I find Hurricane strangely addictive even though I didn’t really care much for the real table. I think Zen have even improved on the look of the original.

Hopefully they can sort out the few little issues with White Water but overall, a superb job from Zen!

sh4wnsm1th

Oct 11, 2018
Exactly. I feel the same way. When you go back to TPA, especially on mobile, you quickly realize how inadequate it is. The lighting, the physics..everything is just not right. The playfields are of a lower resolution and colors not as good. Farsight was just a bit over their head I think. But I do thank them for bringing so many tables to the home gaming market. I never would have thought Banzai Run would be on my iPad for instance!

So I don’t mind Zen covering the same ground. I feel like I am getting the real arcade experience for the first time. Though certainly I look forward to something never made in TPA too. Like Flash or Vector for instance. :)

To be honest, I agree, TPA is unrealistic with the nudging and game length, it doesn't feel like an accomplishment getting extra balls or a high score. On FX3, I've been playing the tables again, Fish Tales has quickly became one of my favorites, even though I have yet to crack the leaderboards on it.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Absolutely agree with everyone. When playing a Williams table on Zen I don't feel like it's a re-purchase at all, I feel like it's a new game with the same basic rules. The look and feel is entirely different, the strategies (what can you backhand, what can you hit on the fly vs. trap, how do you get control of the ball) are completely new.

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
Yeah, Zen have done a great job with this pack. All three tables look great :cool:

I find Hurricane strangely addictive even though I didn’t really care much for the real table. I think Zen have even improved on the look of the original.

Hopefully they can sort out the few little issues with White Water but overall, a superb job from Zen!

That's exactly how I feel, really didn't think I'd be playing Hurricane but I keep coming back to it! I think it's the decent lighting, the simple but engaging rules and the fact it feels realistic to an actual pin. I do hate the music though :rolleyes:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just had a concerted effort to get the achievement on White Water (still leaves Hurricane, which looks difficult to do), and got there after several attempts of getting gradually higher scores, and gradually nearer.

Just found http://pinball.org/rules/whitewater.html - is it possible to get duelling cows, I've tried it but can't seem to trigger it - what does 1S mean? I tried both flippers at once and it doesn't appear to be that.

Also noticed that Vacation Planner jackpot doesn't increase - at the end of a game its always 200M +10k (not 200M +10k for each game played) since ROM state resets each game. Can't see me getting that anytime soon, one of the things needed is bonus multiplier x6, don't think I've even got to x4 yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.