First alphanumeric table speculation...

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It'll be BoP, Whirlwind, or Fun House.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This.

Or if they start off with a 3-pack, it'll be anchored by one of those. Maybe fleshed out with High Speed and Taxi.

Alternatively, they may surprise us by breaking from the current trend of releasing all of the unlicensed DMDs together and do a Pin-Bot/BoP/Jack-Bot pack.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
blackwater 100 maybe. Or Spectrum. Or Special force. Or any table that's not already in TPA would be fine.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Centaur has got to be in with a chance? Would also be very happy with Funhouse or BOP - interesting to see the enhanced mode on those (Will they create a new DMD?)
Would be much harder to enhance something like eight ball deluxe however still a great Alphanumeric table

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As much as I want all the above, I really hope the first tables we see of these are something we've yet to have digitally.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Centaur has got to be in with a chance? Would also be very happy with Funhouse or BOP - interesting to see the enhanced mode on those (Will they create a new DMD?)
Would be much harder to enhance something like eight ball deluxe however still a great Alphanumeric table
Just an FYI, both Centaur and Eight Ball Deluxe are numeric tables and not alphanumaric.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
As much as I want all the above, I really hope the first tables we see of these are something we've yet to have digitally.

Stuff we've already gotten is my speculation.

But if we're wishlisting, then yeah, agreed.

Fire!, Radical!, Mousin' Around!, Jokerz!, Bad Cats, Space Station.

shogun00 said:
Just an FYI, both Centaur and Eight Ball Deluxe are numeric tables and not alphanumaric.

Spectrum as well.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the list of System 11 machines...

ALREADY DIGITALLY CREATED

Banzai Run
Black Knight 2000
Bride of Pinbot
Cyclone
Diner
Dr Dude
Earthshaker
Elvira and the Party Monsters
F-14 Tomcat
Funhouse
High Speed
Pin*Bot
Swords of Fury
Taxi
Whirlwind

NOT YET DIGITAL

Bad Cats
Big Guns
Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball
Fire!
Gameshow
Grand Lizard
Harley-Davidson
Jokerz
Millionare
Mousin' Around
Police Force
Pool Sharks
Radical!
Riverboat Gambler
Road Kings
Rollergames
Space Station
Transporter

Bally A084-91786-AH06 (6803)'s:

Atlantis
Black Belt/Karate Fight
Blackwater 100
City Slicker
Dungeons & Dragons
Escape from the Lost World
Hardbody
Heavy Metal Meltdown
Motordome
Party Animal
Special Force
Strange Science
Truck Stop

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yep. I was just being thorough!

I figured. I just like being pedantic on purpose.

Also, adding to the pre-DMD lists:

Alphanumeric WPCs:
Bride of Pin-Bot
Funhouse
Harley-Davidson

Bally A084-91786-AH06 (6803)'s:
Atlantis
Beat the Clock (numeric)
Black Belt/Karate Fight
Blackwater 100
City Slicker
Dungeons & Dragons
Eight Ball Champ (numeric)
Escape from the Lost World
Hardbody
Heavy Metal Meltdown
Lady Luck (numeric)
Motordome
Party Animal
Special Force
Strange Science
Truck Stop

The 6803 era wasn't Bally's strongest to say the least.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thank you! I knew there were more Bally, those just didn't pop up in my IPDB search parameters.

Added those to the list, as well as those Williams tables I inexplicably skipped.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Wow, so many machines that I've never seen or heard of. I suppose that I should get out more.

Can I ask a dumb question? What's the difference between a numeric and alphanumeric pinball machine, other than numbers or numbers and letters? I could look it up, but with having so much expertise at hand I'd like to ask you guys.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow, so many machines that I've never seen or heard of. I suppose that I should get out more.

Can I ask a dumb question? What's the difference between a numeric and alphanumeric pinball machine, other than numbers or numbers and letters? I could look it up, but with having so much expertise at hand I'd like to ask you guys.

That’s more or less it!

All the System 11 machines were alpha numerics (I think) and we’re able to display info as you played. These were the machines you could enter high score initials on, they alerted you to modes that were active, they were the precursor to DMD rather than just being a digital score instead of a score reel.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
That’s more or less it!

All the System 11 machines were alpha numerics (I think) and we’re able to display info as you played. These were the machines you could enter high score initials on, they alerted you to modes that were active, they were the precursor to DMD rather than just being a digital score instead of a score reel.

Thanks for the answer. That was simpler than I expected.
The more you know....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.