First Numeric Table Speculation

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
One thing that may be in favour of Zen producing more of these types of tables is that Mars, their original table, continues to be one of Zen's most popular releases due to it's more simplistic gameplay and design.

Mars back when it was initially released was praised for being similar to real tables in layout and flow. But I wouldn't consider it popular.

Still, if you like that table check out the other tables designed by Ivan.

Jul 21, 2010 Mars
Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
Dec 13, 2011 Thor
Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Mars back when it was initially released was praised for being similar to real tables in layout and flow. But I wouldn't consider it popular.

Still, if you like that table check out the other tables designed by Ivan.

Jul 21, 2010 Mars
Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
Dec 13, 2011 Thor
Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange

That's a really good resume, World War Hulk, Clone Wars, Darth Vader and Dr. Strange are four favorites of mine. And Thor is quite good too, very easy to figure out the rules and modes.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
no worries ,kimkom , I was only making fun of myself haha . keep an eye out on steam , they do have great specials a couple times a year for Zen tables . Mars was my fave from day 1 .:cool:

Yeah, I know mate :cool: I was just pulling your leg.

To be honest, I just find it impossible to go back to the original Zen physics. I always play Classic Arcade Mode, which kind of limits me to the Bally/Williams tables now :(

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah, I know mate :cool: I was just pulling your leg.

To be honest, I just find it impossible to go back to the original Zen physics. I always play Classic Arcade Mode, which kind of limits me to the Bally/Williams tables now :(

And the original Zen physics are even more disappointing on tables like Mars after you have played the Williams tables. I know we keep saying that Single Player Williams uses the Zen physics, but that isn't totally accurate. The physics engine has been modified to include additional variables not preset in the other Zen tables and the ball has different properties too.

You can also find some not so subtle differences from the newest Zen releases compared to the old and/or carried over from FX2 tables.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
And the original Zen physics are even more disappointing on tables like Mars after you have played the Williams tables. I know we keep saying that Single Player Williams uses the Zen physics, but that isn't totally accurate. The physics engine has been modified to include additional variables not preset in the other Zen tables and the ball has different properties too.

You can also find some not so subtle differences from the newest Zen releases compared to the old and/or carried over from FX2 tables.
so true trash , the newer Zen tables have much better feel and flow to them . I`m looking to the new 3 Zen original tables , but I think they are a little way off down the road .:cool:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Moved these lists over to this dedicated thread rather than hijacking the other. I'm very curious to know what people would want from here, especially since so many are rather obscure titles. One of the things I like about a lot of the Bally titles is they were getting rather experimental with layouts.

Hi everyone. New user here. Despite my user name, the Elvria tables are not the highest on my list. These are my top wants right now in order:

1. Flash - amazing machine. Was super popular at every arcade and always had lines to play it when it was new. It was the table that really got me hooked on pinballs all those decades ago. I really think it deserves a place in the collection. It was essentially the Adam’s Family table of it’s day. It’s historical.

2. Vector - I played and played and played this one when it came out and really miss it.

3. Embryon

4. Hot Doggin - We need a snow skiing pin!

5. Elektra

6. Jungle Lord

And then I also want all the TPA tables. I’m not greedy...oh not at all...lol.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Flash would be a fantastic addition to the game, I need to add it to my list of games to pester Zen for. Kinda surprising TPA never had it, since it's unlicensed and was the most successful pinball machine of all time when it launched.

Also, welcome to this place here.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Flash would be a fantastic addition to the game, I need to add it to my list of games to pester Zen for. Kinda surprising TPA never had it, since it's unlicensed and was the most successful pinball machine of all time when it launched.

That and it's Steve Ritchie's first table he made at Williams. It's also the first table to introduce flashers and looping audio/music.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.