Vol 4 Flipper Physics Video

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
These will only be for Road Show, Hurricane, and White Water at release. Eventually it will be applied to Vol 1-3 tables.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Can't wait to get my hands on those physics.

If they're as good as they look, Zen have pretty definitively surpassed any other digital pinball game ever made in flipper physics.

Delicious catches and passes.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
looks awesome, i use dead passes all the time in real life. especially on Bally's Wizard! I do it every single time it comes down the left orbit so it bounces from the left flipper to the right so i can send it right back. its the best way to play wizard. so cool to see it's now possible on digital

pinfan7

Banned
May 19, 2019
Thanks guys, I hope we can patch it into all WMS tables soon.

deep, I appreciate your excellent hard work. Many companies forget that it is very important to have "their own hardcore programmer" like you, in order to make the difference.

I have a question for you if you 'd be so kind, can you tell please if the toned down "tournament setup" physics of Vol.3 (equivalent to "arcade setup" in Vol.1 & 2 in terms of speed), will be the norm from now, Vol.4 and on, and most importantly if you have plans either bringing those to the old tables (Vol.1 & 2) for consistency reasons (having the same experience across all tables), or vice-versa bringing the "tournament setup" physics of Vol.1&2 to Vol.3&4 and on, to give those tables also that unique feel of participating in a real life tournament like PAPA Vol1&2 had, which was kinda lost in Vol.3? Personally I prefer the "tournament setup" physics of Vol1&2 but I could live with the first solution as well, as long they are everywhere consistent, because switching Volumes is quite a shock right now.

thanks in advance, looking forward to Vol.4 :D

Last edited:

deep

Apr 16, 2019
deep, I appreciate your excellent hard work. Many companies forget that it is very important to have "their own hardcore programmer" like you, in order to make the difference.

I have a question for you if you 'd be so kind, can you tell please if the toned down "tournament setup" physics of Vol.3 (equivalent to "arcade setup" in Vol.1 & 2 in terms of speed), will be the norm from now, Vol.4 and on, and most importantly if you have plans either bringing those to the old tables (Vol.1 & 2) for consistency reasons (having the same experience across all tables), or vice-versa bringing the "tournament setup" physics of Vol.1&2 to Vol.3&4 and on, to give those tables also that unique feel of participating in a real life tournament like PAPA Vol1&2 had, which was kinda lost in Vol.3? Personally I prefer the "tournament setup" physics of Vol1&2 but I could live with the first solution as well, as long they are everywhere consistent, because switching Volumes is quite a shock right now.

thanks in advance, looking forward to Vol.4 :D

Thanks again for all the kind words :)
I toned down the tournament setup just a bit because I felt it a little too fast, too steep and there were many feedbacks from players saying it's too fast. When we will patch the newest flippers into previous volumes I will match all the tables settings. Sadly I can't set them all to the brutal setting because therefore the vol. 3-4 tables would become much harder on tournament setting and we would have to reset the leaderboards and nobody likes that. The only solution is to set them all to the somewhat softer tournament setting so the high scores remain beatable.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
As someone who has begrudgingly waded into the world of Zen on mobile, I have to say that those physics look amazing. I don't know what platforms will get them, but I would really like to get a good feel of what Zen is capable of.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks again for all the kind words :)
I toned down the tournament setup just a bit because I felt it a little too fast, too steep and there were many feedbacks from players saying it's too fast. When we will patch the newest flippers into previous volumes I will match all the tables settings. Sadly I can't set them all to the brutal setting because therefore the vol. 3-4 tables would become much harder on tournament setting and we would have to reset the leaderboards and nobody likes that. The only solution is to set them all to the somewhat softer tournament setting so the high scores remain beatable.

Thank you very much for the update and explanation, and I really appreciate you attempting to make all the tables feel consistent from one to the next. Regarding ball speed... I'm really looking forward to see what you do with some of the upcoming tables.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I’m playing on PS4 and I’m really not seeing anything. What am I doing wrong here? Playing the three new vol four tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’m playing on PS4 and I’m really not seeing anything. What am I doing wrong here? Playing the three new vol four tables.

Are you playing in Classic Single Player? Because that is where the new physics are, not in Single Player. You'll for sure know the difference if you have the ability to choose between Arcade and Tournament.

If so, the easiest way to see the difference is with Hurricane. If you have a ball that doesn't make it all the way up the Hurricane ramp, let it come back down and do a dead pass (don't touch the right flipper). Watch as the ball hits, you'll see the flipper flex down a bit as the ball makes impact. That little bit of energy absorption is key, and it is what makes pulling off flipper tricks more realistic.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah I am. Flippers are solid as a rock.

Edit: thankfully now the little jerks are doing it on restarting the game.

Edit 2: Is there any plans to add the new flippers to the normal single player. Think my family would appreciate the easier gameplay of that mode but the new flipper physics make it hard to go back! ��

Last edited:

Members online

Members online