Greetings from Southern California

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Hi everyone! Was finally able to sign up (tried months ago but it wouldn’t work) and I am really happy to be here.

As you can tell from my name, I really like the Elvria tables. I like anything Haunted or Halloween related and combinimg that with pinball is just the best of both worlds for me!

I’ve been playing pinball since I was a kid in the 1970’s, and ironically (for a little kid) Playboy was one of my favorites. I can still hear that little tune in my head even though I have not see a Playboy machine in decades. I also remember liking the Kiss machine. But what REALLY got me hooked on pinball forever was Flash. That machine with it’s electronic sweeping synth sounds, and the blue lighting flashes was really something for it’s time. I remember many people lined up to play that one each time I went to the local arcade. Really pushing for Zen to emulate that one. Playing that on my ipad would be amazing!

I also have a warm place in my heart for the Hercules table. Not just because it was physically the biggest pinball machine I had ever seen, but because it was at my place of employment at the time, Knott’s Berry Farm. It had a prominent location right at the entrance to their arcade. Couldn’t miss it. I would play that all the time. And it was appropriate that one of the biggest arcades, would have the biggest pinball machine as part of their lineup. Sadly they never had too many other pins. I can’t even remember what else they had anymore. But it was mostly video games and skeeball in the 80’s.

Now I mostly play stuff emulated at home, but feel lucky to have grown up in what I consider the golden age of pinball.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
greetings! Hercules is pretty cool they actually have one near me at a place called Joe's Playland in Salisbury, MA, it's friggin' ginormous!!! Here's a pic of me playing it :)
47122540204_d6b9ab70a8_b.jpg

Members online

Members online