Stern Speculation

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Its Jurassic Park, rather than Jurassic World. Apparently no clips in it from the films, and has animations instead.

This looks to be Data East JP 2.0 with new rules designed by Keith which should make this a very re-playable pin. The (lack of) licensing stuff is interesting, and I guess we'll just have to wait for the official reveal to see and hear what Stern has put into this.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They are saying it will have no video clips or audio (callouts) from the movie. That seems pretty strange. I thought licensing would be easier using the first JP movie. But they did get some of the John Williams music. Of course this is all Pinside rumor info.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^I can't believe they have no audio clips from the movies, i mean the Zen JP table has audio clips from the first movie and cut seens on the DMD from the movie, only thing missing is any offical movie music.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
If Disney and Atari are signing license deals for 1up to make these - I feel pretty good about the chances of licensed Star Wars FX3 Data East and Stern tables.

cabinets-starwars-ltd_600x.png

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Jurassic Park looks great! Cmon Zen. I like the Williams versions, but sometime feels im buying remasters of tables i already played. I want new pinballs! The Stern one would be perfect. Very happy now in my city i got to play the real one, BKSoR, Kiss, Avengers LE, Guardians of the Galaxy, Metallica, Deadpool and pretty sure the arcade near me will jump on Jurassic Park. God i feel id be in heaven if i could see them digitally!

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Dude, vector graphics flashback!

Hey, RotJ was Raster graphics. And the hardest one of the three.

I'm not wild about the 17" screen and the $500 price tag but I love that these 1up consoles are doing the non traditional controls cabinets. I was able to withstand the impulse to buy one of the first wave of 1up machines but I might buckle on this one.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
if stern and zen do start working together and do licenses that zen has already done, i want to see as many marvel comics tables as possible. the movie tables like guardians of the galaxy and avengers would be harder to get due to actor images and such, but Deadpool, Spider-Man Vault edition, & X-Men are all non movie strictly marvel licenses. Stern owns the data east stuff right, so back to the future maybe, though they would have to reskin Doc Brown and it would looks even worse than it already does. Its funny to bring up that one because TPA was not able to get Christopher Loyd on Addams family and had to reskin, but even more wacky is that the real life table wasn't able to get Micheal J Fox. fake replacement Marty looks horrid on it. Also Zen didnt even get to use likenesses on their original back to the future table, the playfeild features the back of their heads and the 3d models are intentionally made to look different than the actors.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.