Harry Potter pinball

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Wonder if J. K. Rowling will license an official table in future?

Until then, this is how far one has come in VPX, and I think its been done by one person which is rather impressive since they can't earn anything from it.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It's frequently been reported that Rowling has no interest in it at all. She considers pinball to be associated with sketchy things like dive bars and gambling.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's frequently been reported that Rowling has no interest in it at all. She considers pinball to be associated with sketchy things like dive bars and gambling.

And yet a quick search on Amazon produces these shot glasses...

51fOyrWCXsL.jpg

I know, you said nothing about drinking, just dive bars. But still, the Harry Potter brand gets slapped on everything, but pinball is where she draws a line in the sand? The Tolkein estate didn't take issue, and they are notoriously tight with LotR related stuff. The one thing I'll grant is there hasn't been an abundance of Potter video games, has there? Off the top of my head I can actually only think of the LEGO games.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
EA did some games in the 2000’s around the first 4 or 5 movies, and a quidditch game. There’s a mobile game - hogwarts mystery that’s been out for about a year plus another one coming from Niantic, (publishers of Pokémon go). If you’re willing to let Ea do games, or a freemium mobile model, a Stern pinball isn’t nearly as far up the evil scale as those.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Its in beta now, from a bit of googling I think you have to join a facebook group to be able to download it.

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
Its still in beta and hasn’t been released officially yet. The same group did one for Stranger Things not too long ago. Really awesome.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I wonder why they chose Goblet of Fire, IMO the worst movie of the lot (though the best book). Still, pretty impressive effort.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder why they chose Goblet of Fire, IMO the worst movie of the lot (though the best book). Still, pretty impressive effort.

I didn't watch the video, but I'd probably pick that book too. There's 3 specific tasks for the tournament, the dragon egg challenge (sounds like a good multiball opportunity), the underwater rescue (sounds like a hurry up mode), and the maze with traps (shoot the flashing ramps in a certain order?), and then that'd lead to a wizard mode (pun very much intended) that has you battling Voldemort. None of the other books have so distinct a set of events that would work for pinball. Of course if I were making an HP pin, it'd be all quiditch all the time.

Members online

Members online