FX3 on ps4 seems to be broken, not letting me play installed tables

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
when i bought the new williams pack and installed it through the ps store then opened fx3 to play them it was giving me grayed out icons with arrows that i think mean i own them but need to download them, clicking this takes me to the ps store page and it says they are installed already. i shut it down restarted it, restarted the console, tried everything then deleted the whole game and reinstalled it... now it wont let me play any of the tables all of them have the grayed out download link. now i cant play any fx3 williams and i still havnt got to try the new one's someone help!

Oct 15, 2013
This happened to me too after buying the Vol 2 tables. You need to restore licenses and then deactivate and reactivate your PS4 as your primary console. Go to Settings-Account Management-Restore Licenses. Click Restore. Then after that's done go back to Settings-Account Management then click on Activate as Your Primary PS4. Click Deactivate and then click Activate. Everything should be unlocked now.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Make sure you have download the optional PS4 firmware (6.71) update. The previous mandatory update messed up some DLC licenses in games.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i have the newest ps4 firmware. with the deactivating reactivating thing im a bit afraid to do that, i only have the one ps4, what if it messes up and i lose all my digital games or saves? can't something be done with just the zen game itself no other games are doing this?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
with the deactivating reactivating thing im a bit afraid to do that, i only have the one ps4, what if it messes up and i lose all my digital games or saves?
It won't harm your game downloads or saves.

Restore Licenses just matches and fixes corrupt licenses that's on your system.

Deactivating and Activating just resets your console's registry with the PSN.

It just resets your console's registry with PSN. It's one of the first things that Sony's CS will ask you to do.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
okay so i tried everything you guys said and also everything you said with a combination of deleting and reinstalling it over and over again... i am locked out of playing it, selecting a grayed out table icon brings up a loading screen that takes forever and then brings me to the ps download link which says it's already installed. if i dont install it first and try to download it on this screen it goes but it still never makes that gray table icon do anything but link me to this thing that says its already installed. im starting to get very annoyed been messing with this since pack 4 came out

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
okay so i tried everything you guys said and also everything you said with a combination of deleting and reinstalling it over and over again... i am locked out of playing it, selecting a grayed out table icon brings up a loading screen that takes forever and then brings me to the ps download link which says it's already installed. if i dont install it first and try to download it on this screen it goes but it still never makes that gray table icon do anything but link me to this thing that says its already installed. im starting to get very annoyed been messing with this since pack 4 came out

Make sure you download the demo for Pack 4 as that is where all the assets are located. Sounds like you only have the unlock key installed.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Make sure you download the demo for Pack 4 as that is where all the assets are located. Sounds like you only have the unlock key installed.

oh wow... fixed works now! you need the demos or none of the table packs will work... hahahaha i just went crazy on this crap banging my head on the wall. my problem was i bought in on my phone through the playstation store, then i went to my playstation that night looked up the pack in the store and hit download on the one that isnt free and doesnt say demo and then it wouldnt play... silly me thinking demo means free lesser version of the game. then deleting the entire game in my frustration i neglected to download the demos for every pack selecting them one by one ,making sure to not get anything that says demo taking up hard drive space when i owned the real thing, or so i thought. anyway it works now thank you

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
oh wow... fixed works now! you need the demos or none of the table packs will work... hahahaha i just went crazy on this crap banging my head on the wall. my problem was i bought in on my phone through the playstation store, then i went to my playstation that night looked up the pack in the store and hit download on the one that isnt free and doesnt say demo and then it wouldnt play... silly me thinking demo means free lesser version of the game. then deleting the entire game in my frustration i neglected to download the demos for every pack selecting them one by one ,making sure to not get anything that says demo taking up hard drive space when i owned the real thing, or so i thought. anyway it works now thank you

My pleasure...glad to hear you have everything working now.

Oct 15, 2013
Make sure you have download the optional PS4 firmware (6.71) update. The previous mandatory update messed up some DLC licenses in games.

That's what happened to me. I had the demos and the key installed yet it wouldn't let me play the Vol 2 tables that I had just bought. It was because of that firmware bug. I then restored licenses and that locked me out of all my digital games! I couldn't even launch FX3 or other games, they all had locks on them. Everything went back to normal after I deactivated my PS4 as the primary console and reactivated it.

Freaked me out. I thought I was going to have to call Sony. Glad you got it sorted out on your end.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.