AC/DC going away from TPA/SPA

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Even though it's just a couple different backglasses and minor changes to the playfield/cannon graphics and color scheme, I'm going to grab the LEs before they vanish.

For PS4, they're available on the psn store but you have to search for 'limited edition'. The LEs don't show up as add-ons from the SPA game's page or even mention SPA in their store listing....don't know how they expect people to find them.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
For PS4, they're available on the psn store but you have to search for 'limited edition'. The LEs don't show up as add-ons from the SPA game's page or even mention SPA in their store listing....don't know how they expect people to find them.
I bought mine through in game. I just press down (d-pad) on the table icon and it showed the LE backglass, then I click on that and it asked me if I wanted to buy it. Clicking yes takes you directly to the addon in the PS Store.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
I booted up Stern VR on my rift again today and remembered why I don’t play it as much and never actually spent any money on tables. It’s still 50 gold bars to unlock a table and to buy one table outright using coins to get those bars is between $40-$50 per table. 12000 coins for $10. Takes 1000 coins per 1 bar. Its a mobile model for VR which is just stupid. It’s not like sitting down to play VR is anything close to the ease of access that mobile is. And coins are tuned around logging in frequently or play time. It’s a shame as it’s a solid Vr app otherwise.

With an Oculus exclusive and Oculus sponsored AC/DC table it looks like they did what they needed for that support but I can certainly see the Rift version being abandoned ala Switch too. No BBH or WN either. My question on Facebook about oculus sale or ongoing license was not answered either.

The standard VR tables should cost £3.99-£7.99 (or equivalent), I reckon that's a fair price. It's just the LE's which are unobtainable and I seriously doubt anyone owns one, they don't add anything to the gameplay but it's a nice option. I'd like to preserve them but I don't have the financial means, though I will be keeping back-ups of the assets.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
can you get the LE with the PS4 version? So not on TPA?

Here's something cute. Pack 2 with Ghostbusters and Mustang are not available (LE), guess I better grab pack 1 while I can.

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Are they also losing the rights to the Mustang table at some point?

Just noticed that dropped 50% in price today, at this rate, anyone would think that they had lost the Stern license wholesale!

OrdealByFire

Jun 8, 2018
Are they also losing the rights to the Mustang table at some point?

Just noticed that dropped 50% in price today, at this rate, anyone would think that they had lost the Stern license wholesale!

I’m wondering how I can even get the AC/DC upgrades. It’s saying I need to have Table Pack 1 downloaded. I don’t specifically have *that* downloaded, but I have all the tables already. It wants me to spend $10 to download tables I already have, so I can then spend more on the upgrades? Come on, man..

Any tips before they take it down would be great. If it matters, I’m on TPA, not SPA (I don’t have that downloaded).

Last edited:

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
The Stern LE variations are only in SPA... they're not available in TPA.

Also, except for Mustang, I don't think the LEs really change anything. Different backglass, cabinet color, and the designer's autograph at the bottom of the playfield. Mustang also changes the playfield artwork and car toy color. No changes in gameplay for any of them.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
In the same boat as you, on PS4, i got the other tables, but dont have AcDc and Star Trek. Guess buying the pack of the two tables at 50% discount make it a good deal at like 6$ per new tables you dont own them. If you have Star Trek already, you can just purchase ACDC alone when you click the table in the pack for like 6$. I dont own them on PS4, only on Switch and i think ill grab em. Farsight no longer do great deals anymore, seeing these 2 tables at that price is a good deal even if you got the 4 others.

Edit: thinking about it, ill just grab AcDc for now, perhaps Farsight will do new bundle packs with their latest two machines, so ill wait for Star Trek. AcDc also imo is the best version on ps4, there is missing lightning effects on Switch and even on PC.

Last edited:

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
They didn't even mention it unlike the Bally/Williams tables on the intro screen that AC/DC was going away.

Was annouced on their facebook page. Funny thing is the sale of the table seem to be to like mid july, i just wonder if it will pull before that or after.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
You can find out right now. As it turns out, version 1.33 of the Pinball Arcade was just sent out. The only other change I noticed was that the logo for Farsight is different. Guess when you lose the rights to the best tables, you can't go around showing that you used to have them.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
So they can rush out an update to remove the ability to purchase a table, but couldn't actually fix any remaining issues in the PS4 version.....Black Hole's background sound still not repeating in-game (for example), nor fix the non-repeating intro music on the selection screen. So, as far as consumer's are concerned, this update was essentially nothing, minus one. Sigh.....I guess TPA is truly a dead issue now.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So they can rush out an update to remove the ability to purchase a table, but couldn't actually fix any remaining issues in the PS4 version.....Black Hole's background sound still not repeating in-game (for example), nor fix the non-repeating intro music on the selection screen. So, as far as consumer's are concerned, this update was essentially nothing, minus one. Sigh.....I guess TPA is truly a dead issue now.

Well you aren't going to hit them with large legal penalties for not doing fixes, while the lawyers for AC/DC could wallop them with a studio crushing fine.

RJB

May 1, 2013

Well said, Rayder.

I actually forgot about AC-DC being removed, so when I see this update downloading this morning I got excited at first thinking "What's this update all about, have Farsight been working on a surprise update" then as the download was nearly finished I luckily remembered about the AC-DC removal.

Still totally gutted though that Farsight have done nothing at all in this update, I still play TPA a lot and would love to see some more Stern tables added, but, it really looks like Farsight have totally given up on TPA now and are not even going to bother fixing issues anymore, such a shame and great disappointment.

Whatever happened to Tom Devaney who was doing excellent work on the PS4 version? did he leave Farsight or something? not heard a peep from him in months now?

I noticed on Facebook loads of comments from people asking when/if there will be any new tables, but, the question is always ignored:(

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
They didn't even mention it unlike the Bally/Williams tables on the intro screen that AC/DC was going away.

Missed out on the pack because of this :( Don't use Facebook.
Having bought all the previous pins, this will haunt me forever. Still have the table on the Stern one, but would have liked to own all the pins on the regular one.
Never got a straight answer why some tables were cross buy between TPA and SPA, and some weren't. Was hoping it would have been resolved by now.
Asked a few times about it on Twitter, but never got an answer. Should have just bought it I suppose instead of waiting for an answer.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
If you've got ACDC in SPA should have been able to get it activated in TPA before yesterday, still seems likely that you can do it, but can't be 100% certain until someone actually does it.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Funny thing. Stern Pack 1 completely remove from Eshop store for TPA... perhaps a new pack is incoming, gut guess all the tables from that pack cannot be purchased...

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Well said, Rayder.

I actually forgot about AC-DC being removed, so when I see this update downloading this morning I got excited at first thinking "What's this update all about, have Farsight been working on a surprise update" then as the download was nearly finished I luckily remembered about the AC-DC removal.

Still totally gutted though that Farsight have done nothing at all in this update, I still play TPA a lot and would love to see some more Stern tables added, but, it really looks like Farsight have totally given up on TPA now and are not even going to bother fixing issues anymore, such a shame and great disappointment.

Whatever happened to Tom Devaney who was doing excellent work on the PS4 version? did he leave Farsight or something? not heard a peep from him in months now?

I noticed on Facebook loads of comments from people asking when/if there will be any new tables, but, the question is always ignored:(

Except, it appears that the update for the Mac version of Steam reverted The Pinball Arcade to an earlier version (v1.21).

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Except, it appears that the update for the Mac version of Steam reverted The Pinball Arcade to an earlier version (v1.21).

On PC the the following files have changed: PinballArcade.exe / PinballArcade11.exe / GUI2.rez. Arcooda's cabinet mode (PinballArcadeCabinet.exe) doesn't appear to have received an update yet but I haven't got a activation code, does that version offer in-game purchases?

I'll have to get on the Rift later to see what's going on there, I was planning to contact Farsight with a proposal to purchase the Limited Editions for the sake of public preservation but the deadline has crept up on me. I did record a couple of videos but I'm hesitant to upload them due to copyright takedowns.

(Edit: Just tried Rift but once again a Windows update has screwed things up, absolutely infuriating!
Refuses to repair itself so looks like I'll have to clean install and set everything up again :mad:).

Last edited:

Members online

Members online