AC/DC going away from TPA/SPA

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
More fuel for the Zen Stern fire but in the meantime...

According to Farsight on Facebook

This is your last chance to purchase AC/DC® Pinball before it's gone!

Our license agreement to sell the AC/DC® Pinball table will come to an end on June 30th, 2019. After this date, the AC/DC® Pinball table will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade or Stern Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased the table prior to the deadline will continue to own the table and have access to it within the game. We will continue to support it as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

AC/DC® and Stern Pack 1 will both be 50% off so you can pick it up before it's gone!

Sale dates:
iOS: Now - June 30th
Android: Now - June 30th
Steam: Now - June 30th
PS4 NA: June 10th - June 30th
PS4 EU: Now - June 30th
Switch: June 10th - June 30th
Xbox One: TBT (We will announce via FB)

62219727_2397323060288740_5902699337305030656_o.jpg

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Think its deliberate picking a screenshot with game over in it?

Curious that its 30th June 2019, and the Williams license ran till 30th June 2018. Coincidence, or do other licenses run till 30th June 202x ???

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The fact that only one licensed Stern is being affected here leads me to believe this isn't a result of FarSight/Stern relations.

Either FarSight had an AC/DC license that is expiring, or Stern's license was granting the AC/DC license to FarSight, and now that license is expiring.

If it's the latter, then they'll almost certainly be losing the other newer Sterns as well within a year or two. Which could maybe explain why FarSight just doesn't seem very motivated to bother moving forward much anymore.

Edit: Though come to think of it, I think Stern's AC/DC license ran out a while ago, so it's probably just the former.

Last edited:

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
Never mind, I saw on the Facebook page they are working on new tables. Still it's annoying. The good news is I picked up SP1 for 50% off.

Last edited:

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Note - No references to AC/DC on Stern VR - i don't know what that means.

Suspect very few people have bought AC/DC on Rift due to the F2P option, I've got a horrible feeling many will miss the deadline.
Annoyingly all the Limited Edition variations are going to disappear as there's no realistic way to purchase them, what a waste :(

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Just checked on the Stern VR Rift app, AC/DC is not on sale, and the 2 LE packs are still only purchasable for 50 gold bars. I was holding off purchasing AC/DC until they allowed regular purchase of the LE tables, but I may just grab the main one this month in case it goes away there too.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I’d pick this up in a heartbeat for the Switch if I could use my FlipGrip but it doesn’t rotate in the correct direction. And I really don’t have faith that Farsight will ever fix the situation with an update.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
FarSight didn't even bother adding Whoa Nellie and BBH to Switch.

They dropped the Switch almost as fast as they dropped the Wii U.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I’d pick this up in a heartbeat for the Switch if I could use my FlipGrip but it doesn’t rotate in the correct direction. And I really don’t have faith that Farsight will ever fix the situation with an update.

The Switch can be inserted in the other way in the FlipGrip. It just doesnt click, and i have never felt it would fall off. Just be a little causious. Never felt i would break my flip grip too. Suck TPA doesnt allow both side orientation, but it will work,

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Interesting.....and the fact Zen have already mentioned they have an AC/DC in the office, maybe it's coming sooner rather than later (hopefully)

Tbf the SPA version plays pretty good on Xbox One if anyone is on the fence about whether to get or not

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Interesting. To OP - Thanks for posting this. Curious to see how this develops e.g. whether this table appears within PBFX3 one day and also the ‘working on new tables’ line from FarSight proves to be true. Hope so to both points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I booted up Stern VR on my rift again today and remembered why I don’t play it as much and never actually spent any money on tables. It’s still 50 gold bars to unlock a table and to buy one table outright using coins to get those bars is between $40-$50 per table. 12000 coins for $10. Takes 1000 coins per 1 bar. Its a mobile model for VR which is just stupid. It’s not like sitting down to play VR is anything close to the ease of access that mobile is. And coins are tuned around logging in frequently or play time. It’s a shame as it’s a solid Vr app otherwise.

With an Oculus exclusive and Oculus sponsored AC/DC table it looks like they did what they needed for that support but I can certainly see the Rift version being abandoned ala Switch too. No BBH or WN either. My question on Facebook about oculus sale or ongoing license was not answered either.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.