BlahCade Pinball Podcast Daily Challenge Strategy Videos

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Just watched your first two videos, you absolutely should do these for all the tables and challenges as you develop approaches. Awesome job!

That "Total Annihilation/loop to bumpers" strategy for AFM is a really good approach.

I can't wait for the next video!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’ll trade you for the Junk Yard one.

The Fish Tales exploit.

This only works for 5 min unlimited ball and you exploit that. Your not really playing. Let each ball drain.

After the first ball (which shoots all the way around to the left flipper.) Each subsequent ball lights up the last letter in LIE in the back. Every time you light up all the letters you increase your multiplier. Once you reach 7X you start earning points. 8x is 5,000,000 then 10, 15 and then 20. After that you earn 20,000,000 each time you completely light up LIE.

All you have to do is make sure to move the lit letter so the next ball will light one the unlit letter. Pay attention you can sometimes get lucky and get multiple letters when the ball bounces off the bumpers.

Not really skill playing but if you need a guaranteed win then you can use this.

Nice! I’ll have to try that. Junk Yard is similar in that it only works in 5minute and survival...

Before launch, flip left flipper to light the coo-coo clock insert. Do a full plunge and hopefully collect junk lands. This lights Time Machine at the sewer. (if you don’t do any of this, shoot the left ramp to the toilet and pick the clock as your junk) Shoot the sewer and pay attention to the date and time on display. If the year lands on 92, do nothing; you got Mamushka and all targets are worth 100 K. If you got 93 for the year and the time displays 3:33 (its the only year I tend to see that time stamp) quickly press the flippers 3 times and you’ll start Secret Mania which is good for 30 K per target. Either mode, sit back, put the phone down, the auto launch will do the rest.

If you are playing Premium level Hard, Secret Mania won’t finish in time for I think the 5 minute challenge (been a while, so not sure), especially if you don’t hit the sewer shot immediately at start. Survival I think it clears with 15 seconds left for the final star.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice work buddy. Love the new logo and cool to see you do some Let’s Plays.

Personally, I’d love to see some actual proper PBFX3 on console or Steam gameplay but not sure if your set-up only allows for mobile game footage? Hell I’d still find you playing the table goals for TPA and STERN or even ZACCARIA interesting.

Would definitely join a BlahCade Discord server. Hope that suggestion comes to fruition at the very least.

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could probably figure it out easily for Steam version. I have no intention of revisiting TPA and table goals. That’d be torture to me. But if there is something specific you’d like to see, a question of how to accomplish something, a particular Zen original that you need a strategy for, then I’d consider that.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Ha! Ha! Fair enough regarding FarSight goals, lol!

Zen originals might be worth a shot. Also, will these mobile app strategies work on the 1-ball, 5 min and Survival challenges in the main PBFX3 game on console?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ha! Ha! Fair enough regarding FarSight goals, lol!

Zen originals might be worth a shot. Also, will these mobile app strategies work on the 1-ball, 5 min and Survival challenges in the main PBFX3 game on console?

Yes! The score levels are different, and you have to consider which passive upgrades to use (I tend to always pick pop bumper and multiball) and which wizard upgrade. For instance, if I'm playing 1 ball, I tend to pick the rewind wizard just to save me from frustration. On a table with clear jackpot moments, I do the score upgrade. I don't think I've once used the slow motion upgrade, but again that's one of those choices.

Let's get specific:

Black Rose 5 minute challenge, I'd pick for my passive upgrades Multi Ball and either Pop Bumpers or Distance. For my wizard I'd pick Score Boost. During play, once I get Double Broadside going, I'm making sure to activate the Score Boost every time I shoot Broadside, doubling up the already doubled score.

Black Rose 1 ball challenge, I keep the same passive upgrades but switch to Rewind for the wizard, as there's way too many drain opportunities to ignore when you shoot the up the middle so often.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, it does video very well, and the screen sharing is excellent, so definitely give it a whirl if you find the time. I agree, Skype sucks!

I also highly recommend starting a Twitch channel as well if you haven’t yet. It’s insanely popular, moreso than Yotube for live streams, and only getting more and more all the time. Also would be another great way to generate revenue.

and I'd happily throw my Prime sub at you on Twitch.

Nice work buddy. Love the new logo and cool to see you do some Let’s Plays.

Would definitely join a BlahCade Discord server.

Here's where I'm in over my head. I don't understand the whole revenue thing, though for obvious reasons I'd like to! So answer me this...

Is Twitch only for live stream or can you just upload a pre-recorded video?

How does one generate revenue on Twitch? Is it only through a 3rd party system?

Narc0lep5y, what do you mean by throwing "my Prime sub at you on Twitch"? As in Amazon Prime? (I'm so clueless!)

Hosting a Discord server, isn't that essentially another message board forum much like this site?

What are your thoughts on Patreon? I know there are levels and the host is to offer perks based on the levels of subscription, but what would people feel is of value from the BlahCade for each level? Like would it be...
1 Star - keep doing what you're doing, I'll support just because
2 Star - gimme some props...like a shoutout in the podcast
3 Star - for that price, I should at least get to request a show topic and a gameplay video
4 Star - boom, I'm now financing your equipment, so how 'bout some exclusive videos or one on one chats?

Those are just off the cuff examples, but you get the idea. Considering how few people have bought a t-shirt, I just wonder if Patreon would land with a giant thud.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Here's where I'm in over my head. I don't understand the whole revenue thing, though for obvious reasons I'd like to! So answer me this...

Is Twitch only for live stream or can you just upload a pre-recorded video?

How does one generate revenue on Twitch? Is it only through a 3rd party system?

Narc0lep5y, what do you mean by throwing "my Prime sub at you on Twitch"? As in Amazon Prime? (I'm so clueless!)

Hosting a Discord server, isn't that essentially another message board forum much like this site?

What are your thoughts on Patreon? I know there are levels and the host is to offer perks based on the levels of subscription, but what would people feel is of value from the BlahCade for each level? Like would it be...
1 Star - keep doing what you're doing, I'll support just because
2 Star - gimme some props...like a shoutout in the podcast
3 Star - for that price, I should at least get to request a show topic and a gameplay video
4 Star - boom, I'm now financing your equipment, so how 'bout some exclusive videos or one on one chats?

Those are just off the cuff examples, but you get the idea. Considering how few people have bought a t-shirt, I just wonder if Patreon would land with a giant thud.

I’m not totally in the know but here’s what I think. Others can correct me.

On twitch, you can “subscribe” to a streamer and it’s like $5 a month which is usually a 50/50 revenue share. Top streamers get like 60/40 or something better.

Anyone can watch the stream. It’s not limited to subscribers and I’m not really sure why others do other then out of the goodness of their heart but there are guys making major scratch out of it that boggles my mind.

However, An amazon prime member gets one free subscription included in the service. And even though it’s no cost to them, the streamer still gets their payout in the same percentage. So essentially $2.50/mo per person for every month anyone subscribes.

You can view past streams (called VOD) after the fact and they last anywhere from 14 to 60 days depending on your status.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/videos-on-demand?language=en_US

I suppose you could livestream a show. Record it and then put it on another service like
YouTube as well.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Discord is like a message board with live chat. And voice chat.

You could definitely see it impact the site as discussions could potentially move there instead of here.

It’s replaced things like teamspeak or ventrilo severs as well as forums.

I use it amongst friends just for chat and voice instead of steam voice or those other services which were more difficult to host or maintain and don’t have features like a mobile app.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m not totally in the know but here’s what I think. Others can correct me.

On twitch, you can “subscribe” to a streamer and it’s like $5 a month which is usually a 50/50 revenue share. Top streamers get like 60/40 or something better.

Anyone can watch the stream. It’s not limited to subscribers and I’m not really sure why others do other then out of the goodness of their heart but there are guys making major scratch out of it that boggles my mind.

However, An amazon prime member gets one free subscription included in the service. And even though it’s no cost to them, the streamer still gets their payout in the same percentage. So essentially $2.50/mo per person for every month anyone subscribes.

You can view past streams (called VOD) after the fact and they last anywhere from 14 to 60 days depending on your status.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/videos-on-demand?language=en_US

I suppose you could livestream a show. Record it and then put it on another service like
YouTube as well.

Narc0 pretty much nailed it.

The main thing with Twitch is that subscribers = $$$

Twitch is basically just throwing money at gamers so it’s very lucrative if you put the time into it (I wish I wasn’t so lazy myself as getting paid to play video games is certainly appealing lol).

There’s also ad revenue if you’re interested in that.

What a lot of guys do is stream live on Twitch then upload the VOD to Youtube so they cover both bases.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Narc0 pretty much nailed it.

Twitch is basically just throwing money at gamers so it’s very lucrative if you put the time into it (I wish I wasn’t so lazy myself as getting paid to play video games is certainly appealing lol).

Seriously.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I tried out that Fish Tales exploit in a 5 minute challenge for Premium, Hard...

got it to 160 million and time ran out :(

Still, that should be good enough for most challenges. I'm now curious to try it on a survival challenge. Will there be enough points in a minute to get to the next star?

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
I tried out that Fish Tales exploit in a 5 minute challenge for Premium, Hard...

got it to 160 million and time ran out :(

Still, that should be good enough for most challenges. I'm now curious to try it on a survival challenge. Will there be enough points in a minute to get to the next star?

It depends a lot on getting extra letters as the ball bounces around up at the bumpers. It works about 90% of the time for me on the hard challenge. I wouldn't say it was the most amazing play experience but I like the fact that I think this is something they coded in that they probably never thought would happen. When in a real game would you ever get about 7x Multiplier. Only on the Zen app where you have a 5 min unlimited ball challenge. I don't know why I get some joy out of it.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just seen the Black Rose guide. One thing you didn't mention that helps things along a bit is you can kill the parrot (hit both flippers a few times) and get whichever reward it was going to give anyway, and another 2M.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just seen the Black Rose guide. One thing you didn't mention that helps things along a bit is you can kill the parrot (hit both flippers a few times) and get whichever reward it was going to give anyway, and another 2M.

Cool tip! Didn’t know that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, out of curiosity, is there any interest in watching the failed attempts? I'm asking because there's certain tables i fail A LOT on but don't know if there's any value in showing that.

I've been doing most of these vids while playing in either the Basic or Advanced challenge simply because for 5 tickets, I can cycle through until I come across one I need a video for, and then once complete it costs 20 or 30 tickets to start it up again. For Pro and Premium, it's not the 5 tickets to cycle (which I do) that's the issue, it's the 15 and 25 ticket cost per attempt, PLUS the 5 coins needed to advance the 24 hour wait time (which I won't do). If there's a particular table and challenge in Pro or Premium that is giving anyone fits, let me know so I can make sure to play that and post. My strategies don't change, but the urgency and technical proficiency often do. I mean watching playback of someone playing a song on Expert in Rock Band wasn't going to suddenly allow me to do it, but it was good to know it was possible and maybe even a tip or two was gleaned to push my own skill level.

It's strange, because I'm not some pinball wiz or anything. I just treat the challenges as a puzzle to crack and exploit and I truly believe anyone can do the same. Shoot, I'm not even nudging.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’d be interested in pretty much any gameplay vids you put up. Your commentary is great, so I think you’d be good at live streaming regular gameplay too (I know you’ve streamed on Steam, but I didn’t get a chance to watch on there).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.