BlahCade Pinball Podcast Daily Challenge Strategy Videos

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]: Excellent work on these videos. Thanks so much for your time and effort putting these out. Well above and beyond the call. :cool:

Thanks. They're fun to put together. I think I need a video of cats in the background though, then maybe they'll go viral and I can earn some money!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If I were to do 'other' videos of pinball on mobile, what would everyone want to see in them?

For instance, playing Zen originals. Would you just want a general approach vid, would you want to see a specific mode started, what?
If I were to do Zaccaria vids when the mobile version drops, I don't know I'd be much use as I'm clueless on those!
Would a vid on basic pinball tips be handy? Like how I approach any new table that I download?
Would you want to see me playing in the Skillz multiplayer?

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Id be in to watch some tip about all Zen Original tables. I own them all on Switch, barely played them, mostly put time on Aliens pack, but with the Williams tables, i got a hard time going back at the original engine, even if some tables like Adventure Land are very good. But not sure if it would really made me play them more tbh, some might find it handy.

I think giving some general pinball tips could make some people play better. Learn how to control the ball, how it can drop on flipper for X specific table,etc . Tips for some tables can be a plus. I think as example im mastering Fish Tales, Medieval Madness , but got hard time getting big score even if i enjoy them a lot for AfM, Theater of Magic, and Gateway. And as example, which nudging method you would recommand, etc.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Agreed. What is the point of Zen even implementing nudging on Williams mobile (iOS for me personally)? It’s unusable in it’s current state. TPA had this nailed pretty well and I used it (touch nudging) extensively...only one of the things I miss on TPA.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
According to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncdQCw-LqA if controller support isn't there yet, it will be soon. Surely if you are using a controller (even with a phone) nudging is possible?
I can't use a controller with my phone. I mean, it's supposed to be handheld. So make every feature of the game usable when just using your hands. Nudging in Williams Pinball is broken.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Truth be told, I rarely nudge when using a controller, I rarely nudge when on an actual machine.

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
Aww I was hoping for a shout out for my tip. Sad that I wanted to be famous I know. I'm shallow what can I say. Hope someone can actually use that one.

Great videos as always though. These are keeping my sated waiting for the next podcast episode.

I'm looking forward to the Junkyard one. Although I enjoy the table I avoid it mostly in challenges because I fail half the time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We have every intention of doing a podcast tomorrow. Tested out the new setup today, everything transmitted to YouTube without issue, so we should be in business.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, it is based on highest score you've posted.

Here's the funny thing, there's a bunch of tables I've never posted scores to since I mostly play only in daily challenges.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've now recorded every table in all 3 versions of challenges. I've also been trying to capture Pro or Premium versions of certain tables despite having gotten them in Basic or Advanced since I think those make more interesting videos. Only problem is I have to wait 24 hours, then cycle through 5 tickets over and over to get a table and challenge combination I've yet to record. Obviously I won't do that for any I've already posted to YouTube. I'm down to needing 4 more:

Party Zone Survival (already captured it in Advanced)
Junk Yard 5 min (already captured in Basic, not looking forward to doing it sans exploit)
Getaway 1 Ball (captured in Basic)
Getaway 5 min (captured in Basic)

Those 2 Getaway challenges in Pro or Premium are brutal and I know I'll burn through a lot of tickets before succeeding.

The tables I have no intention of recording in Pro or Premium are Champion Pub, Safe Cracker, and my new nemesis Hurricane. I just don't need that headache.

QUESTIONS FOR FUTURE VIDEOS

- Did you all like the fail in today's Junk Yard video? I had to share that, it was too good not to.
- Would there be any interest is seeing side by side comparison videos of TPA and Zen? Don't know if it's even necessary, but could be interesting.
- If I were to do a Pinball 101 style video, what 3 tables would you like to see being used as examples?
- Any interest in seeing me play some Skillz online multiplayer in the Williams, Zen eSports, and Pinball Tournament apps?
- What about regular 3 ball games with Pro physics on? Side by side that with basic physics to show people the difference?
- Would people like to see me try and beat the wizard mode on something like Medieval Madness, AFM, ToM, or White Water? Those vids would be significantly longer than 10 minutes I imagine.
- I could do the same thing with Aliens and Alien: Isolation, but all the other free tables I suck at! Unless you'd find it fun to watch me flail away at Sorcerer's Lair or one of the Bethesda tables.

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just had a quick look on Zen's forum to see if you'd been posting video links on there as well. Can't see it in the main forum, and there is a couple of viewers in waiting on this thread where Safecracker video is answer to their question.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?37867-Help-me-figure-out-Safecracker

As well as considering doing Wizard modes on some table, maybe could do some showing how to get the table achievement (the Biolab one won't take long!).

Taking it to an extreme with one of the other games I play someone has invented a job for themselves! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFreeze2244

A few of these get over 100,000 views such as the Christmas 2016 compilation

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.