BlahCade Pinball Podcast Daily Challenge Strategy Videos

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, I'm jumping into that whole Let's Play thang. I've heard many complaints about how difficult the challenges are and people getting frustrated over playing them. I get frustrated too, but I can bang them out fairly quickly on most occasions. Hopefully these vids will give some direction that otherwise was being missed.

All vids will be playing the HARD difficulty, but the level will vary from Basic to Pro, sometimes a Premium might sneak in. Doesn't really matter though, as I use the same strategy across all 4 levels.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By the way, feel free to comment and make requests. If there is something particular you want to see or have me try, I'll do my best to make it happen at some point.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I totally had the video sized wrong and cut off the flippers on this one, apologies. Won't happen again!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice job, man! Looks like you’re having fun with OBS. It’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. So do these challenges use the standard physics?

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
looking forward to watching these. The tables I really have trouble with Black Rose and Getaway so I'm really looking forward to those.

I'd be interested in everyone's go to tables to beat challenges. Which one you think is the easiest for you to win. For me it's Theater of Magic. Attack from Mars Medieval Madness, Party Zone and Fish Tales (if it's 5 min attack. Then I can use trick in the table to win.;):rolleyes:)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice job, man! Looks like you’re having fun with OBS. It’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. So do these challenges use the standard physics?

Daily challenges use standard Zen physics. And yeah, OBS itself is easy to use, it’s getting it set up with all the proper audio feeds and eliminating echoes that’s a pain! Just today I found out it only likes my mic when it’s plugged into a specific USB port. Wish there was a blur background feature in OBS though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
looking forward to watching these. The tables I really have trouble with Black Rose and Getaway so I'm really looking forward to those.

I'd be interested in everyone's go to tables to beat challenges. Which one you think is the easiest for you to win. For me it's Theater of Magic. Attack from Mars Medieval Madness, Party Zone and Fish Tales (if it's 5 min attack. Then I can use trick in the table to win.;):rolleyes:)

There’s a trick for Fish Tales? I know the exploit for Junk Yard but that’s it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Daily challenges use standard Zen physics. And yeah, OBS itself is easy to use, it’s getting it set up with all the proper audio feeds and eliminating echoes that’s a pain! Just today I found out it only likes my mic when it’s plugged into a specific USB port. Wish there was a blur background feature in OBS though.

I feel ya. I was actually just helping a buddy set it up a couple days ago and he was getting some nasty echo as well.

BTW, that intro animation is sweet! Did you make it?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

If its same as in FX3 with Black Rose can start with a skill shot, let the ball drain and then full plunge to load cannon; after that should just be hit the middle shot with the right flipper to keep getting broadsides when the score doubles on each hit. Getaway is much more of a mixture of shots.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If its same as in FX3 with Black Rose can start with a skill shot, let the ball drain and then full plunge to load cannon; after that should just be hit the middle shot with the right flipper to keep getting broadsides when the score doubles on each hit. Getaway is much more of a mixture of shots.

It’s the same, except it auto plunges during 5 min and survival, so only during 1 ball can you actually do that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I feel ya. I was actually just helping a buddy set it up a couple days ago and he was getting some nasty echo as well.

BTW, that intro animation is sweet! Did you make it?

No, there’s a site called renderforrest.com we bought it from. Let’s you load in your logo and then try it out in hundreds of templates. What’s funny is now I’m seeing other people’s vids and recognizing the animation and the music as coming from there. I made at least 25 other videos, this is the one we ultimately agreed on. Price wasn’t terrible, but 1 was all we could afford. Figure if we can make the podcast look more polished, maybe viewers will see value in it and want to support us more. Then we can get even better software and make it better. There’s video studio software I’d love to use that would make our setup so much easier and look way better, but it is very pricey.

The ultimate goal would be to easily drop videos of gameplay and such into the podcast, like an entertainment show. OBS lets you do many things, but it can’t do something so simple as pausing a video being played. Jared can’t see anything I’m broadcasting, real software would let him see everything live while recording. I’d love a control board too, like what a technical director uses.

While I’m pleased with the loyal viewer numbers we get, they’re simply too small to justify costs. To get more viewers we need to present in a certain way, to look that way we need certain gear, that gear is only sensible if we have more viewers. Catch-22, unless we bunker down and make free things work to our benefit. Hoping these little short vids help draw in people that wouldn’t normally watch our hour long broadcasts. The fact my son watches hours of gameplay vids also means there’s an untapped audience we could gain.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No, there’s a site called renderforrest.com we bought it from. Let’s you load in your logo and then try it out in hundreds of templates. What’s funny is now I’m seeing other people’s vids and recognizing the animation and the music as coming from there. I made at least 25 other videos, this is the one we ultimately agreed on. Price wasn’t terrible, but 1 was all we could afford. Figure if we can make the podcast look more polished, maybe viewers will see value in it and want to support us more. Then we can get even better software and make it better. There’s video studio software I’d love to use that would make our setup so much easier and look way better, but it is very pricey.

The ultimate goal would be to easily drop videos of gameplay and such into the podcast, like an entertainment show. OBS lets you do many things, but it can’t do something so simple as pausing a video being played. Jared can’t see anything I’m broadcasting, real software would let him see everything live while recording. I’d love a control board too, like what a technical director uses.

While I’m pleased with the loyal viewer numbers we get, they’re simply too small to justify costs. To get more viewers we need to present in a certain way, to look that way we need certain gear, that gear is only sensible if we have more viewers. Catch-22, unless we bunker down and make free things work to our benefit. Hoping these little short vids help draw in people that wouldn’t normally watch our hour long broadcasts. The fact my son watches hours of gameplay vids also means there’s an untapped audience we could gain.

Right on.

It looks really nice. Money well spent!

Have you guys tried using Discord for your video calls? That would allow you to do screen sharing so he could see everything on your screen. I know that’s what a lot of Twitch/Youtube streamers use for video calls for various talk shows, combined with OBS. I watch a lot of Hearthstone streams where 3 players will team up together playing one deck, and using Discord they can show all their web cams plus screen share with each other. Plus it would give you guys the chance to start a Discord channel for your fans which is all the rage among gamers these days. I saw Gregg from Spacies Arcade recently started a Discord channel as well.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Right on.

It looks really nice. Money well spent!

Have you guys tried using Discord for your video calls? That would allow you to do screen sharing so he could see everything on your screen. I know that’s what a lot of Twitch/Youtube streamers use for video calls for various talk shows, combined with OBS. I watch a lot of Hearthstone streams where 3 players will team up together playing one deck, and using Discord they can show all their web cams plus screen share with each other. Plus it would give you guys the chance to start a Discord channel for your fans which is all the rage among gamers these days. I saw Gregg from Spacies Arcade recently started a Discord channel as well.

No, I haven’t. I was under the impression it was audio only but clearly I’m behind the times! Will look into it because Jared really doesn’t want to use Skype.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No, I haven’t. I was under the impression it was audio only but clearly I’m behind the times! Will look into it because Jared really doesn’t want to use Skype.

Yes, it does video very well, and the screen sharing is excellent, so definitely give it a whirl if you find the time. I agree, Skype sucks!

I also highly recommend starting a Twitch channel as well if you haven’t yet. It’s insanely popular, moreso than Yotube for live streams, and only getting more and more all the time. Also would be another great way to generate revenue.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Yes, it does video very well, and the screen sharing is excellent, so definitely give it a whirl if you find the time. I agree, Skype sucks!

I also highly recommend starting a Twitch channel as well if you haven’t yet. It’s insanely popular, moreso than Yotube for live streams, and only getting more and more all the time. Also would be another great way to generate revenue.

and I'd happily throw my Prime sub at you on Twitch.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

I might have to start hosting their channel a bit more often... ;)

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
Nice work buddy. Love the new logo and cool to see you do some Let’s Plays.

Personally, I’d love to see some actual proper PBFX3 on console or Steam gameplay but not sure if your set-up only allows for mobile game footage? Hell I’d still find you playing the table goals for TPA and STERN or even ZACCARIA interesting.

Would definitely join a BlahCade Discord server. Hope that suggestion comes to fruition at the very least.

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
There’s a trick for Fish Tales? I know the exploit for Junk Yard but that’s it.

I’ll trade you for the Junk Yard one.

The Fish Tales exploit.

This only works for 5 min unlimited ball and you exploit that. Your not really playing. Let each ball drain.

After the first ball (which shoots all the way around to the left flipper.) Each subsequent ball lights up the last letter in LIE in the back. Every time you light up all the letters you increase your multiplier. Once you reach 7X you start earning points. 8x is 5,000,000 then 10, 15 and then 20. After that you earn 20,000,000 each time you completely light up LIE.

All you have to do is make sure to move the lit letter so the next ball will light one the unlit letter. Pay attention you can sometimes get lucky and get multiple letters when the ball bounces off the bumpers.

Not really skill playing but if you need a guaranteed win then you can use this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.