Just how many have played Sorcerer's Lair?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just had a go on Sorcerer's Lair as I've not put up an OK score on it yet and noticed I was at position 100,000 +change on single player (as opposed to classic single player). Saw Jared at 663,000+ as he has only just got it on Steam, makes me wonder just how far down does the scoreboard go? Maybe someone who hasn't posted a score could try and get as low a score as possible to find out. Seems like a heck of a big number - noticed Jurassic Park tables go past 30,000 and seem to have sold better than other packs because of that.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Loaded up FX3 on my wife's Steam account. Managed a score of 0, but it wouldn't post to the leaderboard. Next I managed a score of 410, but screwed it up on ball 3 by getting the skill shot and couldn't figure out how to reproduce it. In the end I got a score of 1,000 with one bumper hit as the only score all game.

Final leaderboard position: 784,995
Steam ID is jlsjavier

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for that, I was curious to find out. Could you do the same for Fish Tales? - it would be interesting to discover that as well. Its been out a year less so would assume fewer people have played it.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Sure. Fish Tales was harder as you can't soft plunge and the cast goes right into the spinner. Couldn't figure out a way to lower score other than trying to get TILT activated as quick as possible. Got a final score of 83,570, but I'm sure I could have gotten it lower given a few more tries or if I'd thought to nudge using the keyboard rather than the controller.

Final leaderboard position: 263,386

Lowest score I was able to see on the leaderboard was 21,230 for Fish Tales with a leaderboard position of 263,405

Out of curiosity for comparison sake I loaded up FX2 and played Sorcerer's Lair there. Wasn't able to figure out a 0 point game as a straight run down the plunge lane always hits the right bumper in the FX2 version for 1,000 points. Best I managed was 3,000 points for a leaderboard position of 77,290. That probably doesn't mean as much though considering FX2 had a few leaderboard resets on steam since release.

I mentioned to my wife I was trying to get her posted as the worst Pinball FX player on the leaderboard. She wasn't amused.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for that, much appreciated. So after 21 months for Sorcerer's Lair, and 8.5 months for Fish Tales on average that makes it 1,246 new players per day for Sorcerer's Lair, and 1,000 new players per day for Fish Tales. That will be across Steam, PlayStation 4, and XBoxOne, not sure if it includes Switch as well.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
That will be across Steam, PlayStation 4, and XBoxOne, not sure if it includes Switch as well.

This is a little inaccurate, since console users can op out of cross platform leaderboads. I have the option selected myself, because I was getting tired of seeing obvious fake scores being posted from the PC version of the game.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
This is a little inaccurate, since console users can op out of cross platform leaderboads. I have the option selected myself, because I was getting tired of seeing obvious fake scores being posted from the PC version of the game.

Good point, I forgot you could do that as I don't play on console myself. Maybe add 2% to adjust for that, don't think most people will change it from the default setting?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
was a fave wilbers , but with all the new tables over the years I`ve left it alone . I`ll hit it up again , use to love it . :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.