Support Xbox ideas suggestion to make Pinball FX2 (Xbox 360) playable on Xbox One

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I made a suggestion on the xbox ideas page. Please support it as it is a pity that we don't have access to many of these awesome tables any more. The suggestion might not show yet as it was still awaiting approval when I posted this...

Here is my suggestion...

Pinball FX2 is the game that I played most since October 2010. I only recently bought a Xbox One and missed the opportunity to install Pinball FX2 for Xbox One. With the release of Pinball FX3, Pinball FX2 is not available for download anymore unless you installed it (free installation) on your Xbox One previously. As I did not have a Xbox One, I could not install it even though I played it on my account on a friends Xbox One. I would like to suggest that Pinball FX2 from Xbox 360 (not the Xbox One version) is made available again for the Xbox One. My reason for the suggestion is that 7 tables are not available for Pinball FX3 and I won't ever be able to play them again unless Pinball FX2 is made playable - these games include:

• South Park Pinball (2 Table Pack)
• Street Fighter Pinball
• Ninja Gaiden Pinball (was never on Xbox 360 but was on Xbox One Pinball FX2)
• Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
• Ms. Splosion Man Pinball (Not on Xbox One Pinball FX2)
• Football Super League (Not on Xbox One Pinball FX2)

I don't care for all the tables but Ms. Splosion Man and South Park tables are a real loss.

Please consider my request and make Pinball FX2 (XBox 360) available. Alternatively, please make Pinball FX2 (Xbox One) available again so that those tables that came over can at least be played.

https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/for...s/38084404-pinball-fx2-available-for-xbox-one

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Best of luck with your request, but you really need to send it to Zen directly via Twitter or email, and also try posting on the official Zen run forum (https://forum.zenstudios.com/forum.php)

The truth of the matter is though, even if Zen did bring back FX2 to the Xbox One, if you didn't already purchase those tables listed, they wouldn't be available for sale now. The licenses have all expired for one reason or another (EA own PvZ now, not PopCap, Super League used FIFA teams, UbiSoft has South Park) and with the shift to a next gen console, new licenses would have to be signed. It'd be expensive to also submit FX2 to back to the Xbone and for what? Zen wouldn't make any new sales off of it, as everyone's tables transferred over from FX2 to FX3 for free.

There has been plenty of rumor regarding Super League coming back at some point, just without the FIFA teams. South Park might also make a return once UbiSoft loses exclusivity (which should be soon). Ms Splosion Man was a MicroSoft exclusive, but the game it was based on has since appeared on the Switch, so that's one you'd have to get a bunch of people wanting to support and see if Zen would sign a new license for it or not. I don't think we'll see the likes of PvZ ever again because of EA, nor Ninja Gaiden and Street Fighter as they were very early Zen builds with licenses that aren't exactly hot today with the general populous.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Best of luck with your request, but you really need to send it to Zen directly via Twitter or email, and also try posting on the official Zen run forum (https://forum.zenstudios.com/forum.php)

The truth of the matter is though, even if Zen did bring back FX2 to the Xbox One, if you didn't already purchase those tables listed, they wouldn't be available for sale now. The licenses have all expired for one reason or another (EA own PvZ now, not PopCap, Super League used FIFA teams, UbiSoft has South Park) and with the shift to a next gen console, new licenses would have to be signed. It'd be expensive to also submit FX2 to back to the Xbone and for what? Zen wouldn't make any new sales off of it, as everyone's tables transferred over from FX2 to FX3 for free.

There has been plenty of rumor regarding Super League coming back at some point, just without the FIFA teams. South Park might also make a return once UbiSoft loses exclusivity (which should be soon). Ms Splosion Man was a MicroSoft exclusive, but the game it was based on has since appeared on the Switch, so that's one you'd have to get a bunch of people wanting to support and see if Zen would sign a new license for it or not. I don't think we'll see the likes of PvZ ever again because of EA, nor Ninja Gaiden and Street Fighter as they were very early Zen builds with licenses that aren't exactly hot today with the general populous.

Thanks for the insight. My big frustration is that I only recently bought my Xbox One and thus did not have the opportunity to install Pinball FX2 before it was removed with the release of FX3. I installed it on a friends Xbox One at the time and I'm still able to play it on his Xbox One using my profile. I was even able to install the missing tables on my Xbox One for FX2, but as soon as I start FX2 (copied over from my friend), it says that I have to buy it, but you could never buy the base game as it was free. I contacted both Zen and Microsoft and neither say that they can help me and just refer me to the other one. The only other suggestion that the Microsoft representative made was for me to make a suggestion for the game to be made available on Xbox One, which I then did.

It will be great if Ms. Splosion Man and the South Park tables are made available for Xbox One. The rest of the "missing" tables I don't really care about.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
My Splosion man & Super League I'd purchased were disappeared from my FX2. I spoke to Zen & they couldn't help & referred me to Microsoft. Bull****.

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
Cloda, have you tried going to the Xbox store on a PC browser and adding FX2 to your console's download queue? That's what I had to do to restore my FX2 tables.

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Cloda, have you tried going to the Xbox store on a PC browser and adding FX2 to your console's download queue? That's what I had to do to restore my FX2 tables.

I tried all I could think of. I managed to add and download the tables using the method you suggested i.e. South Park pack, as I previously bought it, and I copied the game over from a friends Xbox One (where I previously played it before I had my own), but then it says Pinball FX2 on Xbox One is not available for download anymore as you can't "purchase" it anymore, even though it was always a free download. You need to redeem a code as that is the only option. I emailed Zen studios and they said there was nothing they could do. Microsoft said the game wasn't available anymore so they also couldn't help me.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Only thing you can do now would be to have your freind put their account onto your xbox one, then they could download FX2 onto your xbox one and you would be able to play it, of course they would need to leave their account on your xbox, but you don't ever need to sign into their account to play it, you can play it on your own account, so the question is, how good a freind are they. lol

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Only thing you can do now would be to have your freind put their account onto your xbox one, then they could download FX2 onto your xbox one and you would be able to play it, of course they would need to leave their account on your xbox, but you don't ever need to sign into their account to play it, you can play it on your own account, so the question is, how good a freind are they. lol

Thanks, that is a good idea ;-). I didn't know I would be able to play it even if he is not signed in on my Xbox.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
It is called game sharing, it is very simply, your friend puts their account on your console then they set your xbox as their home console, then on your friends console you do you do the same, and game share will be active.

Oh and it is all above board and legal, just don't go doing it across mutiple accounts and consoles as there is a limit.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
It is called game sharing, it is very simply, your friend puts their account on your console then they set your xbox as their home console, then on your friends console you do you do the same, and game share will be active.

Oh and it is all above board and legal, just don't go doing it across mutiple accounts and consoles as there is a limit.

Yeah... I looked at it and unfortunately it is at best a short term solution. What is basically comes down to is that we swop Xboxes by me making my home console his and he making his home console mine. That just seems like a recipe for disaster in the long run. The only other thing I can do is to have his account active on my xbox and then I can play the game on his account whenever he is not signed in on his xbox. Anyway... thanks for the suggestion.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^lol, Well it is a feature MS pushed so you are really are missing out not using it, it was the whole point of gamesharing, you can not only share digital games but even gold subs and does not affect anything in the long run, your account is still your account and visversa. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.