Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street?

RJB

May 1, 2013
Hey! guys,

I'm not usually the biggest fan of the Gottlieb tables in TPA, but, I would have loved to have had Gottlieb's "Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street" in TPA.

Do any of you know if Farsight ever mentioned the possibility in the past of this table coming to TPA one day? I'm guessing it never made it because of the usual license related costs etc. for this particular table?

Cheers!:)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It was either Freddy or DE Tales from the Crypt that had weird, prohibitive licensing nonsense. Or both.

Either way, at this point, we'll colonize Mars before we get Freddy. Or probably any other Premiers, which is a shame, because with as many as they added, they never got to most of the better ones. Stargate, Freddy, Robo-War, Genesis, Car Hop, Surf 'n Safari.

I still maintain that the rush of Premiers wouldn't have made people as angry as it did if they had just picked better ones.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
yeah ive been hoping for freddy since season 1 of TPB ha. Farsight coming back with something new after such a long down time would be a damn miracle. i miss the days of monthly speculation and constant table releases. holy crap they were smokin' them out to us those first couple seasons. I wonder if they never lost the williams/bally if they would have kept going with more seasons or if they had already intended to end seasons.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Currently FarSight seems to have little interest in releasing anything. Both Freddy an Tales From The Crypt were requested endlessly during previous Halloween seasons, so I assume we won't see either from FarSight. :(

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
yeah ive been hoping for freddy since season 1 of TPB ha. Farsight coming back with something new after such a long down time would be a damn miracle. i miss the days of monthly speculation and constant table releases. holy crap they were smokin' them out to us those first couple seasons. I wonder if they never lost the williams/bally if they would have kept going with more seasons or if they had already intended to end seasons.

Once Norman left, Farsight pretty much lost the passion for pinball tables and announced no more seasons.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Thank You! to all of you for the feedback, greatly appreciated:)

I agree with those of you who are asking/questioning whether Farsight will ever release any other pinball tables at this point as they've been so quiet and simply seem to have lost all interest in TPA & SPA, I have contacted them recently and they have said that TPA is still very much alive, but, sadly I have my doubts like the rest of you if this is true.

Either way I can't believe they "currently" still hold the Gottlieb & Stern license and are doing Sweet FA with them when there are so many top quality tables they've never released, personally I'm convinced if they come out and released a couple of big hitter's like Gottlieb's "Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street" &/or Stern's "The Simpsons Pinball Party" etc. tables that I'm sure would excite a lot of pinball fans then I really think Farsight could make a major comeback.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Simpsons was never a possibility in TPA, and certainly not now. FarSight knew how excited people would be for it. It was one of the two most requested tables since day 1. But they couldn't get the license from Fox. Now The Simpsons is owned by Disney, and Disney won't even talk to FarSight, which is also why we don't have Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel tables, etc.

The only chance to get SPP is if Zen and Stern start working together. Zen at least already works with Disney.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Simpsons was never a possibility in TPA, and certainly not now. FarSight knew how excited people would be for it. It was one of the two most requested tables since day 1. But they couldn't get the license from Fox. Now The Simpsons is owned by Disney, and Disney won't even talk to FarSight, which is also why we don't have Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel tables, etc.

The only chance to get SPP is if Zen and Stern start working together. Zen at least already works with Disney.

The Simpsons owned by Disney, really? I hold my hands up I never knew that, to be fair I used to love the Simpsons "years ago" and can still watch the old classic episodes today even though I've watched them to death already, lol, but, I've not watched it for a good few years now as I felt the series went down hill a long, long time ago "IMO" hence why this Disney news is news to me.

I have requested again & again to Zen Studios to go after the Simpsons license, even if it was to make up their own tables like they done with South Park, but, I assume it's a license Zen have never been able to afford or agree on, such a shame:(

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
The Simpsons owned by Disney, really? I hold my hands up I never knew that, to be fair I used to love the Simpsons "years ago" and can still watch the old classic episodes today even though I've watched them to death already, lol, but, I've not watched it for a good few years now as I felt the series went down hill a long, long time ago "IMO" hence why this Disney news is news to me.

I have requested again & again to Zen Studios to go after the Simpsons license, even if it was to make up their own tables like they done with South Park, but, I assume it's a license Zen have never been able to afford or agree on, such a shame:(

How could you manage to miss the news when Disney bought Fox? Or, if you didn't know Fox made the Simpsons do you not bother watching credits at the end of programs or something?

RJB

May 1, 2013
How could you manage to miss the news when Disney bought Fox? Or, if you didn't know Fox made the Simpsons do you not bother watching credits at the end of programs or something?

I of course knew Fox owned The Simpsons, but, I don't take much notice of things like Disney buying them etc. it's just not a subject I would ever have given any interest/thought over, sorry! and like I already mentioned I've not watched the Simpsons for years so I'm afraid the Disney news just passed me by.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014

Weird thing was when Zen released the Fox Interactive pack it was notably missing the Simpsons, and there was never any reason why. I would guess that rights to Simpsons digital games are probably held by another company (Almost certainly Electronic Arts) and they would need to be negotiated with as well before any Simpsons tables could come to Zen, Stern deal or no.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

These days they crunch up the credits and speed them up so much that you actually have to repeatedly pause to even see them.
Watching the end of shows used to be fun, right down to "Sit Ubu sit.....good dog! Woof!"

Disney always ends up owning every formerly hot property, only to completely mangle it. I remember how cool ESPN used to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.