Zen Release FX2 on the Oculus Quest VR Store but Not FX3!!?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So saw the announcement yesterday that Zen has released Pinball FX2 on the Oculus Quest Store which is great and all but why release an old product when FX3 has been out for a year now!?....really wanted to play the Williams tables in VR

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Because it's easier to port the Go version since it's basically the same game but with 6DOF added. Don't get me wrong, I wish they've port the Pinball FX 3, so many tables in VR and the williams tables too would be great!! But that's a different engine and at this early stage of VR, it's normal for devs to be a little gunshy and not spend $$ on development when they aren't sure they can get it back. As it is, let's look at it positively: The Quest port is pretty good and I have to give Zen full credit: Crossbuy with the rift version? I want them all to do that but I sure didn't expect it and not all 3rd party devs do it too (and I can't blame them if they don't, people still have to make a buck!)

Hopefully someday my leafy friend they will adjust the core of their PBFX3 engine to support VR. Rumor has it there's some work that was done to ensure a path exists for VR at some point. We will see.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There's a lot of work that has to be done for VR versions, including environments and virtual cabinets. While the VR community is passionate for content, it's still a relatively niche market. I'm sure Zen is testing the waters once more with this, seeing if the market has expanded any, because they do want to be making VR versions, it just needs to make financial sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.