Zaccaria Pinball Is Now on Android

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Downloaded. Really nice that they ended up finding a way to let people keep what they had bought after all.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The new app should be out soon too.

This is the new app. The version that's now on Android is the same as what's coming to iOS.

It's essentially the same port of the second Steam version that the consoles got, except adapted for mobile devices.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Oh, my bad. Thought they just fixed the old android version. Didn’t think the new one would be ready this quickly. Great news! Thanks

How are you liking it so far? Thoughts on the physics?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Well, they kinda did fix the old version. As someone who still had the old version installed, this version just showed up as a big update (like 760mb), bringing the game up to v4.0. So it's not really technically a new app (which I'm assuming is what allowed them to save people's purchases), but from my understanding, this is what it's going to be, this is the "new" version we've been waiting for.

I've barely had a chance to play it. Seems faster than before. Maybe even unnaturally so. Arcade now seems even faster than Simulation was. There's something that feels weird about the ball movement but I haven't nailed it down yet. I'd like to see what better players than me have to say about it, but I think it still needs seem tinkering. It looks like the console versions but doesn't feel like them. Nudging still seems OP. Ball appears to have ball spin now, though I don't know if it's actually part of the physics or purely cosmetic.

That's about all I picked up on from the few minutes I played.

Nov 18, 2016
My immediate reaction after an hour or so of play is total amazement. Looks gorgeous. I'm loving all the new options. And achieving mini goals to eventually unlock special bonus games is a great idea. I've already unlocked The Mummy! And there's another horror game to come, which suits me fine!

Are the physics off? Mmmmaybe. I'm still determining the limitations of my Galaxy S8 with this app. And I don't want to mess with the physics settings yet.

Do people find the remakes worth the money? Or the campaign mode?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The remakes are pretty decent. They're SS-style tables like the quest reward tables. The quest reward tables are older tables that Magic Pixel made before they had the Zaccaria license, when they were known as A.S.K. Homework, so the general design theory of the remakes evolved from those, basically. I'd say that the remakes are overall better than the reward tables, so if you enjoy Mummy and the next ones you unlock, then yeah, the remakes are probably worth it.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I am really loving this release, I bought the Gold pack and quest mode.

So many play modes, so many tables, with some really fun/interesting twists and rules. If you like SS and EM tables, this is a treasure trove - drop targets and spinners galore. The physics are good, and the game looks great. There are also a ton of settings, you can customize virtually everything. A tremendous amount of depth and replay value.

The physics are different for sure from Zen or TPA, and don't feel entirely "natural" (although this varies from table to table) - this is also the case on the PC version. One noticeable thing is that the slingshots on almost all of the tables are really "sticky" - if the ball dribbles over and rolls down a slingshot, it gets "grabbed" by the rubber and shot out, doesn't feel natural at all and makes ball control harder (possibly this is a tweakable setting, I have not looked into it). It also takes a while to get tuned in to be able to aim shots, but (unlike in the prior Zac version on mobile) it is possible to aim once you figure out how the flippers behave.

All in all, for $20 US the Gold pack is one of the best deals in digital pinball. A ton of interesting tables, with many modes/goals to play on each one. I think I'll be wrapped up in this game for quite a while - and it's also a great stop-gap while we wait for the next release from Zen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.