Patch 1.33 US

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
My PS4 downloaded the 1.33 US patch the other day; any idea what changed? I haven't played TPA for a while before so I have no idea how old it is, but the sticky is for the previous patch (1.31 US). Also Stern had an update to 1.05 but I'll post in the SPA thread about that.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Both apps were updated to remove the ability to purchase AC/DC. No other changes were made to either app.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I notice one bug fix actually. They fixed the flipper hum sound effect on the EM tables in TPA.

In previous updates, it was either bugged (kept on getting loader and loader) or was missing completely. Now it's a settle and consistent hum across all EM tables.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Thanks. I thought Tom Devaney spent off-project work time on fixing the PS4 version so it could be included with updates they had to put out. Maybe that's one of the fixes he did.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Thanks. I thought Tom Devaney spent off-project work time on fixing the PS4 version so it could be included with updates they had to put out. Maybe that's one of the fixes he did.

Nah bro, it's completely obvious Farsight is DONE with PBA. It's completely dead now...

Not even that Tom guy posts here anymore. I'm so glad I didn't give them anymore money for the last two garbage tables...

Unfortunately we are stuck with a broken game with tons of bugs that will never get fixed... I've been meaning to look to find a way to get reimbursed or refunded for everything I've purchased or something since they are not going to be fixing any of the broken and buggy tables...

Remember the whole "We will still SUPPORT the Williams tables" and how they were going to still patch those tables, etc....

I called it from the beginning that it was a lie and it was the same bull**** lie and excuses they said when they claimed they were still going to have more tables and updates for the 360, basically similar to the last update the PS3 got, but they didn't even get those tables even though they released them for the PS3... I know that was YEARS ago now, but I should have seen then all their lies... They kept saying the patch/update was ready and how huge it was going to be, lmao...

I regret buying or should say repurchasing all the tables yet again on the PS4. That's when I still had hope in farsight and believed in them and that was the 3rd time. I had all the tables up to judge dredd on PC, I had all the 360 tables, then I finally gave in and got them on PS4...

They burnt all their bridges with me and I'll NEVER EVER EVER purchase something from Farsight again. Not even if they came out with PBA 2 and it was on par with pinball FX or better... There's nothing that will get me to be their customer again...

I'm so glad that lost the Williams license, now here's hoping the other companies like Stern see the light and dump Farsight and go to Zen as well...

Stern is losing money by being with Farsight, they haven't produced anything new in forever now... Guaranteed Zen would have had a Stern pack by now if they would have jumped ship even Williams did or soon after...

In my honest opinion, farsight should reimburse everyone a certain amount for all the tables that are still buggy that never got fixed...

Amazing though with how quick they were to patch things that affected their money, like when they released the last season, season 7 I think for like $5 or something like that... Within a day they had that patched, but they're was still a lot of us that was able to get the full season at the lower price that they messed up on lol... Serves them right though.... And it wasn't a flash sale or anything like that... Just a simple price mistake, like how a store will sometimes advertise or miss price something and they have to honor that price...

So unfortunately if there was anyone still trying to hold onto hope, it's best to just look away now and move on, Farsight and Pinball Arcade is dead, dead, DEAD....

Plus Zen's Williams tables completely blow away Farsight's versions by a long shot... They are 100 times better and way more true to an actual meaning l machine than Farsight has ever bin... Farsight now is the super slow and super easy mode of digital Pinball.... With a crap ton of bugs that will never be fixed.

Members online

Members online