Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
e8060e54a27ac91d9d451e67825950921b7a63d3.jpg

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The press release. Looks hauntingly expensive. Boo!

Stern Pinball Announces New Elvira’s House of Horrors Pinball Machines

CHICAGO, IL – September 18, 2019 – Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the iconic character, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark! The game was developed in collaboration with the Whizbang Pinball Studio team of Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman. Greg and Dennis developed the first two Elvira games. Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models.

The taunting is over and the haunting begins in the third and campiest installment of the Elvira pinball trilogy! Trying to sell her mansion through “Alternate Realty”, Elvira’s house is haunted by the movie characters from her past. These ghouls, ghosts, monsters, and strange assortment of vintage characters with horrific acting skills seek revenge on Elvira while she and the player confront them, sending them back to the “film” from which they came! Elvira’s House of Horrors immerses players in a fun, campy, B-movie universe filled with all of the humor expected from the Mistress of the Dark including custom speech and, in a pinball first, exclusive filming of Elvira for custom video scenes featured throughout the game!

The Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models all feature Elvira’s “House of Horrors”, a frightening Victorian fixer-upper, full of creepy charm and supernatural surprises. Players can gain access to the mansion through the front door, the cellar, or through the garage which is guarded by a gravestone drop-target. An orchestra of color changing RGB lights accentuates the house in sync with the different “House Haunts” featured throughout the game. Lighted windows and a spinning attic turret track players’ progression on their pinball journey.

If a haunted mansion wasn’t enough to keep your skin crawling, beware of the “Deadhead Family Crypt”! This mausoleum houses a variety of characters that need an awakening courtesy of a steel silver ball to their head. This interactive crypt will keep players on their toes with the Crypt entrance unleashing balls from a separate location while also becoming a physical bash toy. And with Elvira’s pending move from her hopeful home sale, the interactive Elvira’s “Junk in the Trunk” toy allows players to lock balls for a frantic two-ball multiball.

“It was a pleasure to work directly with the Mistress of the Dark on this third collaboration,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball is a haunting fun time!”

The Limited Edition model is limited to 400 units globally. The Limited Edition model includes additional unique features such as a sequentially numbered plaque, an exclusive mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, anti-reflection pinball glass, and a shaker motor.

The highly collectible Signature Edition model is limited to 50 units globally. The Signature Edition model includes all features of the Limited Edition game, plus special hyper-chrome embossed cabinet decals, a personally autographed Elvira collectible trading card with cover and mounting, and a signed special Elvira certificate of authenticity that includes a swatch of fabric from Elvira’s iconic red velvet sofa.

Complementing the immersive theme and exciting gameplay experience, Stern Pinball’s powerful SPIKE™ electronics hardware system enables high-definition graphics and innovative animations on the video display. SPIKE™ reduces system complexity and energy usage resulting in enhanced reliability and simplified servicing. The state-of-the-art electronic system also powers a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations.

Pricing and Availability:

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price:

MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.

Premium Model: $US 7,999

Limited Edition Model: $US 9,599

Signature Edition Model: CALL FOR PRICE

Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines are available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Deadflip (Jack Danger) will be streaming game play live on 9/25/2019 at 7:00PM (I assume Chicago time) on Twitch.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I watched some of the stream last night (10 minutes or so). I love what I see so far. The layout isn't anything new or exciting, but everything else looked very promising. I love the clips from the old horror movies Not sure about the score life preservers that keep popping up though. Does that have some kind of meaning in the Elvira universe?
Gonna have to watch the whole stream this weekend.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I watched some of the stream last night (10 minutes or so). I love what I see so far. The layout isn't anything new or exciting, but everything else looked very promising. I love the clips from the old horror movies Not sure about the score life preservers that keep popping up though. Does that have some kind of meaning in the Elvira universe?
Gonna have to watch the whole stream this weekend.

Unfortunately for me the mode intro clips will get old quickly. I hope it can be skipped.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
almost every new stern can skip display animations by pressing the flipper buttons, but in some cases the machine might need a little time to set up, like if it has to move around balls under the table or whatever. I cannot wait to play this table!!! So far every new stern to come out has been added to Flat Top Johnny's conveniently by me, and every time they get a new table they do a live stream thing and Bowen always shows up which is great because you get to see him rock it. But also when you get in a game with him be prepared to wait a very long time between balls ha. Flat Top's only has space for 7 tables so they always go away when new ones come in which is sad. I have a very good feeling this will be a table i love, and so far none of the modern sterns have let me down much. Here's my ranking of all the stern tables released from 2018 to now from favorite to least, hoping Elvira gets the #1 spot but cant rate it yet.

#1 Iron Maiden - this was almost themed on the Archer cartoon but the rights got messy and they slapped iron maiden on it. This table layout is amazing. tons of multiballs as you though the modes. ive got to play the pro and LE. Elwin rules.
#2 Deadpool - Love it. Like the playfield and the theme is awesome. Love the art, the lil' deadpool toy looks cool, The 2D street fighter type fight animations are great. that damn katana lock shot is a tough one.
#3 Jurrasic Park - I like the playfield better than deadpool but rate it lower because i really love the deadpool theme. Ive only gotten 10 or so plays on this but it's a great one.
#4 Munsters - love the theme and it's pretty decent. the layout could be better but it's not bad.
#5 Black Knight - only played the pro. Honestly, dont really care for it that much. It's good, It definitely isn't bad. it just doesnt do it for me. If i could own only 1 black knight table and they all cost the same i would buy the original one from 1980.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I can’t wait to get my hands on Elvira. :)

Which is logical given my name here. I am a big fan of Elvira and love the Elvira tables. REALLY happy there is a third now. And it looks GREAT.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I can’t wait to get my hands on Elvira. :)

Which is logical given my name here. I am a big fan of Elvira and love the Elvira tables. REALLY happy there is a third now. And it looks GREAT.

I agree, looks fun. I love Elvira and B horror movies. Castle is very sweet as well.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
going over to Flat Top Johnny's in Cambridge MA today for their Elvira release party. They got it in last night and set it up ahead of the already scheduled event, haven't been over yet but my league friends who were their yesterday are saying it's awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.