My Zen Pinball Experience in Budapest :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Hi folks,

A couple of months back I was lucky enough to be able to visit the beautiful city of Budapest for the F1 Grand Prix and also take the Zen Pinball Experience studio tour including a trip to the Flippermúzeum afterwards. Mel has kindly allowed me to share my feedback, so here goes! :eek:

Zen Studios were extremely welcoming, with both Akos and Deep taking time out of their busy schedule to show us around the various departments, discuss all things pinball related and of course, flip some silver balls!

For anyone thinking of making the trip, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. As you can imagine, Zen have a great studio filled with all things pinball related and more.

Budapest has some stunning architecture and is relatively easy to get to from the UK, I just wish we had more time while we were there. Maybe next time!

The pinball museum is excellent with just about every pin you could wish to see, alongside a selection of retro arcade machines, and all are set to free play. It’s truly a pinball wonderland and also has that all important retro arcade atmosphere and lighting. Staff were friendly and there was also a tempting array of merchandise. I could have been lost in there for many nights!

I have included a photo of us with Akos and Deep at the studio, as well as a selection of photos from the Flippermúzeum.

Finally, a huge thank you to Akos, Deep and the whole team for allowing us access behind the curtain!

Enjoy :eek:

Kimkom

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19I3vTk-PisM4w3y3tTPhkGN2CjHrPs8u

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
:confused: Can someone help me out with embedding the photos within the post... the link doesn't appear to be working.

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Wow... amazing. Glad you could experience it (F1 and the Zen experience). Don't think I'll ever go that way, but you never know ;-)

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
You've got me thinking for 2020 now. I like F1 but have never been to a live race (did think about a coach trip to Silverstone this year), certainly like pinball, and never been to Budapest - got the cash and time to be able to do it. I'll have to give it serious consideration after the race dates for 2020 are confirmed.

Had quite a few years without a proper holiday (not counting day trips) until I went to Africa in January this year and one of the days was a safari.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
You've got me thinking for 2020 now. I like F1 but have never been to a live race (did think about a coach trip to Silverstone this year), certainly like pinball, and never been to Budapest - got the cash and time to be able to do it. I'll have to give it serious consideration after the race dates for 2020 are confirmed.

Had quite a few years without a proper holiday (not counting day trips) until I went to Africa in January this year and one of the days was a safari.

Nice! Where did you go in Africa? I live in South Africa.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
kimkom , so glad you had a great time , I presume that was your better half in the photo :cool: I reckon you would`ve been like a kid in a lolly store !!! if I went , I wouldn`t go home !!!:cool:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Wilbers, you absolutely should go. TV really doesn’t do justice to the whole experience. It’s mind blowing.

If I could make one suggestion it would be to use a tour operator. It’s worth it just for the bus transport to and from the track back to the hotel. There was a queue of 5000 people waiting for taxis after qualifying on Saturday! And it was even worse on Sunday! :D

We were very lucky and booked with Thomas Cook Sport before they went under.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
kimkom , so glad you had a great time , I presume that was your better half in the photo :cool: I reckon you would`ve been like a kid in a lolly store !!! if I went , I wouldn`t go home !!!:cool:

It really was tempting to stay ;)

There was one guy in the museum literally running around waving his arms in the air with the biggest grin on his face :D

Poor guy didn’t know whether to take photos, play pinball or just throw himself on the floor! :D I think he just wanted to do all of it at the same time! :D

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Nice! Where did you go in Africa? I live in South Africa.

Stayed in Gambia, the actual safari was just across the border in Senegal. Got to go on a lion walk as well - never heard of such a thing before but it was 2 young lions with 3 handlers and a small group of us. Even got some photos of me less than a metre in front of them. Bit of an adventure, furthest I'd gone before that was the Canary Islands.

I also went with Thomas Cook, they only operated there between October and March so the hotels will be having a difficult time without them.

Did you look at any other operators before booking, or just pick Thomas Cook off the bat?

How long did you get to spend in the pinball museum?

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Stayed in Gambia, the actual safari was just across the border in Senegal. Got to go on a lion walk as well - never heard of such a thing before but it was 2 young lions with 3 handlers and a small group of us. Even got some photos of me less than a metre in front of them. Bit of an adventure, furthest I'd gone before that was the Canary Islands.

Nice! I'm a Conservation Biologist and have lived on game reserves before. I prefer appreciating nature from a distance i.e. guided walks, and my research field is bird focused so I enjoy being out there on foot. The are where I live in South Africa has many similar experiences than what you talk about with the Lions i.e. walks with Cheetahs, Servals, Elephants, and flying raptors etc. They have their place in educating the public but I'm pretty selective at who I support because a lot of them don't do much for conservation.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
It really was tempting to stay ;)

There was one guy in the museum literally running around waving his arms in the air with the biggest grin on his face :D

Poor guy didn’t know whether to take photos, play pinball or just throw himself on the floor! :D I think he just wanted to do all of it at the same time! :D

kimkom , sounds like us !!!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What a fun trip! I doubt I'll ever find myself in Budapest, but if I do I'm totally going to make it a point to stop by Zen Studios.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.