Williams Pinball Universal Monsters™ Pack on October 29!

DorkmasterFlek

Oct 30, 2019
Okay I'm trying to get these modes started before starting the Frankenstein multiball now. That feature of stopping the timers during multiball is very useful! These seems to be giving me more progress towards actually getting Monsters of Rock, I got half the instruments easily on my first attempt last night.

So the other thing I'm wondering about is backhanding the Creature shot with the left flipper. I should point out I play mostly in standard single player (Zen physics mode) cause I like the powerups and it's more forgiving. I've seen people do this in videos/streams by nudging the table to get the ball towards the center of the left flipper after catching it, but I haven't been able to replicate that yet. I'm not sure if this is possible with the Zen physics?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It's impossible to backhand Creature just from a trap, but it's possible backhanding from the tip in its up position.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
It's impossible to backhand Creature just from a trap, but it's possible backhanding from the tip in its up position.

I've been able on Classic Arcade to consistently backhand both Creature on MB and KISS on CftBL. The easiest way to do it is to hard nudge diagonally to the left like I do in the two examples - CftBL at 8min58s and MB at 29s, but I have also been able to do it from a trap just by softly triggering the flipper so that the ball get enough momentum to move far enough out on the flipper so that you can do the backhand (will upload an example when I'm back home). At various times, the ball also through normal play roll high enough up the flipper so that I can attempt a backhand (CftBL at 30s).

I haven't been able to do it so consistently on any of the other Volumes or packs so it is great!

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Aye I finally got the Monsters of Rock achievement tonight! Thanks for all your tips Cloda! :D

Yay! Well done! It is an awesome achievement to get as it also automatically mean once you reach Monsters of Rock that you get a big score boost from the wizard mode.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Here is another tip for Monster Bash - Frankenstein multiball can be much more lucrative if you have other modes started at the same time because once you complete a mode (get the instrument) on its own or during a multiball, there is a reward period where you can get big points i.e. the lanes are lit up. The one that seems to be worth the most is The Bride of Frankenstein because you get something like 3 times the value up the ramp during the reward period than what you got for a shot up the ramp during the mode. So, as long as you keep the multiball going, that will end up giving you big points! That is why in the end I defaulted to starting at least The Bride before starting Frankenstein and most of the times I also start Wolfman, but only if he was close already by the time I have the bride ready and Frankenstein open. Dracula also gets in the way of the ramp or the loop, so I don't like to have him activated at the same time as Bride and Wolfman.

DorkmasterFlek

Oct 30, 2019
Yay! Well done! It is an awesome achievement to get as it also automatically mean once you reach Monsters of Rock that you get a big score boost from the wizard mode.

Thanks! Yeah, that was obviously a personal best for me getting that for the first time lol. I think my final score was 530 million and change iirc. :D

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
I find CftBL just brutal in arcade mode. Similarly, Whitewater in any mode & Gone Fishing too have me wishing for an operators mode, ball draining madness. I'm usually ranking in in the 200's on Zen games.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Monster Bash has taken me right back to when I first fell in love with it via Pinball Arcade; now it's the first table I couldn't resist buying on PFX3 and I'm head over heels all over again--and it's such a lovely version! Whew! Fantastic work by Zen on this one, and the tournament table set-up option makes its "one more quarter" compulsion all that much greater. ^_^

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Ok. I really need to practice this one, best i can do is 180 millions, using rewinds *cough*. One note, jesus the Zen effect for Monster Bash are amazing! Best table to date!

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Unabashedly rocking with the Monsters! Williams Monster Bash tips & strategy guide

Here is my tips & strategy guide for Monster Bash on Classic Arcade based on my high score game of around 1.1 billion. I got Monsters of Rock twice in this Monster Bash Classic Arcade game and the second time was worth so much more! In this guide I explain how to best approach the table to score big.

Let me know what you or if you have any suggestions and I'll gladly consider it for future videos. I'll see if I can post my Creature from the Black Lagoon video by the weekend as well.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Here is my tips & strategy guide for Monster Bash on Classic Arcade based on my high score game of around 1.1 billion. I got Monsters of Rock twice in this Monster Bash Classic Arcade game and the second time was worth so much more! In this guide I explain how to best approach the table to score big.
Let me know what you or if you have any suggestions and I'll gladly consider it for future videos. I'll see if I can post my Creature from the Black Lagoon video by the weekend as well.

I watched the entire video - awesome work. I'll definitely try out your strats once I get the hang of the table. Thanks for posting.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I watched the entire video - awesome work. I'll definitely try out your strats once I get the hang of the table. Thanks for posting.

Thanks! I'm happy that you found it useful! I'll gladly see how I can incorporate any suggestions or requests so please let me know and I'll see what I can do? I'm just about ready to make my tips & strategy video for Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Arcade).

76967193_150859866264131_8155854604014190592_o.jpg

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Thanks! I'm happy that you found it useful! I'll gladly see how I can incorporate any suggestions or requests so please let me know and I'll see what I can do? I'm just about ready to make my tips & strategy video for Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Arcade).

76967193_150859866264131_8155854604014190592_o.jpg

Lol. You just pass my high score of 2.9 billions! Grats! ;)
Edit : Nevermind, you got that score in Classic, jesus. Wow.
Edit 2: Strange, im looking up high scores, and dont see your score, im playing on Switch, cross rank enable, wondering why your not there.

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Lol. You just pass my high score of 2.9 billions! Grats! ;)
Edit : Nevermind, you got that score in Classic, jesus. Wow.
Edit 2: Strange, im looking up high scores, and dont see your score, im playing on Switch, cross rank enable, wondering why your not there.

No, idea why you can't see my scores because I can see other Switch players that I know. I just managed to increase my score again so my strategy is definitely working. Unfortunately it does not work for Single Player because you can't live catch the ball on the right flipper.

76196712_151048962911888_5443631697742528512_o.jpg

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
In this tips & strategy video for Pinball FX3, Creature from the Black Lagoon, I explain the strategy I used for my 6.4 billion Classic Arcade game. I further show alternative strategies, and the differences, of which one is major, that makes Classic Single Player more difficult.

I'm firmly of the opinion, like with White Water, that Classic Single Player is actually harder than Classic Arcade because you can't control the balls as well during multiball. What is your experience with this?

Please let me know what you think of my strategy and the video and if you have any suggestions and I'll gladly see what I can do for my next video.

Members online

Members online