Kickstarter for digital pinball Bartop

migel1985

Oct 17, 2019
Www.digital-pinball.com
bg-web.jpg

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
A working affordable bartop pin would be great... but pulling this off and making it good is tough. now adays people crap all over kickstarters if there is even a hint of suckyness. So I'll just get you ready for all that by
being your first skeptic so you can figure out how to present this better. First Your going to need to make it work with the existing big digital pinball games , I'm not sure what the rules are about showing other people's game running on it but unless you can let people know it works with Zen or TPB it will just be considered crap. None of those android games have the camera angle to look perfect for a virtual cabinet, is it even possible to mod them to work with your device camera angle wise or will they just run as they run normally without your device?
Reading your site it sounds like you have developed your own rasberry pi like android board and wow that is amazingly talented if so, but there are a ton of affordable android tinker boards on the market and for an independent person to have one made it would cost a heck of allot more than a big brand like ASUS who can have thousands made at a discount. So I'm very skeptical an independent person could make a cheap one with decent enough power VS getting a store bought one for cheap. I think people will highly question just what this android "computing unit" is, how powerful it is, and so on. It's hard to trust a homemade computer and that could red flag allot of suspicion in people not trusting it. I'm guessing the "special controller with buttons" is an arduino bluetooth module with some momentary arcade buttons plugged into it... or maybe just a simple standard USB joystick encoder. a higher end android tinker board is about 50-70 than it's like 10 for the usb encoder and buttons, so not counting monitor (as this doesn't come with one anyway) $80 and a cereal box and you could just build this now with a not so great looking case. Something people will want to know is what makes this special are there any features that couldn't be copied by taping an android tablet to a cereal box with buttons installed on it? The tablet taped to a box would nudge when shaken just like shaking the tablet without it being taped to a box, will the monitor connected to the computing unit tilt when shaken? Does it have sensors to let it know? It's going to need more buttons, all I see is left/right flipper and plunge. It needs a start, and up down left right for selecting things, since it's going to be an android without a touch screen (says to use your own pc monitor). I notice the image isn't real, looking at the button and the shadows I can tell it's a render not a photo, do you have a working unit? If you can get a video on the kickstarter of a working unit in action that will really help sell it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.