How to look at back glass without plunging the ball.................................

Oct 15, 2013
So yeah. I'm on PS4 and even changing the button assignments still launches the ball when trying to look at the back glass before launching a ball. Is this just a glitch or am I missing something? I know camera 8 shows the back glass but it's far away.

PinJimmy

Jun 27, 2012
Think you just have to push the right thumb stick up to look at the backglass.

And pull back launches the ball

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
They tied the plunge with the look around and also locked the look around to just up and down so people would have a tough time moding the look around on pc for vr headsets. It sounds like a silly joke but it's true. Usually it's very easy to mod the camera for looking around on a headset, it's been done to hundreds of games by the moding community but this damn plunge thing has thwarted the efforts. They want to resell us everything a 2nd time for vr, and they know the majority of pc vr headset owners are just the savvy type that knows how to install simple mods.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Think you just have to push the right thumb stick up to look at the backglass.

And pull back launches the ball

I haven't played on my PS4 in a while but yeah, this is how it's supposed to be. I just checked on my Switch and it's the same and it works properly. The game shouldn't be starting/launching the ball unless you actually move the stick down. Moving it up and allowing it to return to the neutral centered position shouldn't be launching the ball.

Oct 15, 2013
It doesn't launch the ball completely if I carefully let the stick back down after pushing it up to look as the backglass, but the DMD still acts as if a ball launch was performed. If I just let it go from the up position it launches it every time. Also if I assign a different button to look at the backglass (for example R2) just pressing that button looks at the backglass and upon releasing it a full ball plunge is performed. It's like pushing the backglass button performs a full plunge at the same time. I manually reset my controller and no change. Other games don't have control issues so what the hey.

PinJimmy

Jun 27, 2012
Tried it on my ps4 today on black rose and it doesnt give me any problems.

Maybe try a different controller

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
It appears to be a glitch unique to Theater of Magic. I tried the other Williams/Bally tables I have (including Black Rose) and they're fine. So I guess it's a problem with Theater of Magic. Can somebody else confirm this issue? Maybe Zen can fix it if they haven't already with the PS4 update being delayed.

Members online

Members online