Android: Purchased Monster Pack showing as 2 stars

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Every time you think their mobile model can't possibly keep getting worse, the saga just keeps on rolling.

If they would ever clean up their mess I'd give them my money on mobile too, but I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that.

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
Wow seriously?! l understand 10 would be a steal if it were the full tables but 10 for two stars and you have to spend like 30 hours grinding if you want to play them like you own them is a kick in the teeth. Total garbage. I'm
sticking to ps4/pc only and now have a much lesser opinion of Zen.

Okay so I just checked with the app, nowhere does it say the pack will only be two stars. It is implied by the two star icon in the thumbnail I guess but this is a limited time deal for 10 meaning the price will actually go up. I was under the impression that purchasing the tables from the store gave you the full tables, has that not been true in the past? Didnt people on here buy the full thing on the limited deal when this first came out and got full tables? This seems like unfair and deceptive advertising and business practices and may actually be illegal.

I don't get it too. I spent the money because I don't want to grind for many hours. It's like Zen don't want paying customers anymore. They must really think that people who are buying the tables also want to put in additionally hours to unlock every option. Maybe they hope more people will play those challenges over and over again, watching ads or spent more money but it's just a kick in the ass. I'm fine with those who grind, the app has this option so why not, but paying and grinding...ridiculous.

Yes, you always got the full tables in the past by the limited time offer. I noticed the two stars too, but didn't expect I wouldn't get the full tables and there was no description or anything. I replied to them and said clearly that I expect to upgrade the tables to four stars. It's sad because I have a much lesser opinion of Zen too and this wouldn't change even if they would change there mind and upgrade the tables.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
There was, this morning, an update for iOS and the download delivered the purchased tables. It does indeed appear that they are Two Stars only. Crap!
I’ve got a crazy-busy and crazy-long couple of days at work but when I’m able to spend a little time with it I’m going to make sure that’s what’s going on and then I’m going to ask for a refund. Total bummer.
Just checked on the Switch and it’s only $9.99. So, on the iPad – for the same price – I have to grind for months to get the pro-physics I get right away on the Switch? And the switch has better graphics, TV screen option and all that, too?
How annoying, and it just seems so silly!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The iOS version has been, and continues to be, a dumpster fire. Won’t even open the app until they fix this stuff.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
To be fair, it does show two stars on the "special offer" image - but it is definitely unclear what that means, especially for folks new to the currency/upgrade system. The fact that they have sold full 4-star versions in the past means that at a MINIMUM there should have been a warning/clarification text in the purchase description - otherwise they are just asking for blowback from loyal customers. Not a great move.

I am assuming they have crunched the numbers and feel like they aren't getting enough income if they sell 4-star versions outright. This doesn't seem right to me - they STILL are going to get video views when people use their 4-star tables in daily challenges, for example, and people will still use tickets etc for challenges and tournaments.

If I were Zen, I would give everyone who has purchased the tables the 4-star upgrade right away, as damage control. Then they can modify the offer or pull it entirely to avoid making more people angry.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The fact that they have sold full 4-star versions in the past means that at a MINIMUM there should have been a warning/clarification text in the purchase description - otherwise they are just asking for blowback from loyal customers. Not a great move.

I am assuming they have crunched the numbers and feel like they aren't getting enough income if they sell 4-star versions outright. This doesn't seem right to me - they STILL are going to get video views when people use their 4-star tables in daily challenges, for example, and people will still use tickets etc for challenges and tournaments.

They may risk not only losing the income from purchasing the table pack(s) but the ad revenue/Zen Coins & Tickets as well. This is pissing me off royally (and I'm sure others are as well) so I'm more than content to just purchase the tables on the Mac (Zen Pinball 2) at $4.99 each. At least I'll have all features (with the exception of the different physics) available to me with the purchase with no grinding.

Purchasing the table pack on mobile (iOS in my case) is a rip-off at a 2 star unlock and is causing me to not even want to have anything to do with the mobile app as far as future tables go...I didn't even update the app in anticipation of the release, but I still got the Monster Pack offer.

I have a support email going for a now-resolved issue but in the final email, I let them know that this limited-time "purchase" was a ripoff (at least in my opinion).

Last edited:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Yeah, people are upset on Facebook too. I think Zen overplayed their hand here, had HORRIBLE absolutely ABYSMAL non-existent communication, and needs to address this with the community.

Then, as I have been saying for MONTHS, they need to start communicating with their customers better. You know...the ones who pay the bills and their salaries. Instead they wall themselves off and constantly spring (bad) surprises on people without warning. That is not the way to keep my business, I assure you.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Removed "BUG" from the thread title as the 2 star table purchases are indeed intentional. I would recommend anyone that has an issue with this to voice their grievances to support through the app. I have done this already and the support team member has forwarded my complaint to management.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I have plenty of Zen coins built up but I almost bought the tables so I didn't have to grind and just play.. Pretty crappy when you can buy the two tables for 9.99 on Steam but pay 9.99 and only get two stars progress on Mobile.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Well I definitely don't want to lose the Williams Pinball Android app - I'm definitely loving the (limited) time I have been able to spend playing Monster Bash, the table implementations are fantastic.

The main problem since day one has been apparent lack of planning, communication and sensitivity with the mobile table unlock/currency/table purchase model. And as others have said before, it seems just wrong to have one place (Steam and consoles) where paying $9.99 for a table pack is sufficient revenue to cover costs, and another place (mobile) where you end up paying more (whether it be through coin purchases, time investment/grinding/video watching, or as we see now paying THE SAME PRICE for a limited feature set) for an implementation that definitely has fewer features (i.e. all the multiplayer options) and more limitations (limits to offline play, no enhancements or physics tweaks at 2 stars).

That said, as for me, I am not going to pay for the 2-star versions - I'll spend the time grinding (that's part of the fun for me anyway) and working within the model.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Ah! At least they arrange the IOS version so now we got the non-censored version.

But im pissed, bought 2 stars tables, when previous purchase of first three packs were full 4 stars.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I left them an absolutely brutal scathing review on the app store and will contact directly too. Hopefully it will start waking them up. Still would like this site to interview Mel about this issue though.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I left a bad review as well, giving the app 2 stars. All of the Williams Pinball app tables are awesome and play great so I won't give 1 star for that reason alone. What knocks off 3 stars is this mobile crap that they're pulling. :mad:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I haven't touched the Williams Pinball app in months. Part of that is not caring about the model, part of it is because Elder Scrolls Blades replaced it as my grinding drug of choice.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I sent a short, polite email yesterday requesting a refund. I mentioned that I thought I was purchasing the tables fully unlocked since that was how it had worked in the past.
Haven’t heard back yet. I suppose it could take time for them to respond to all the feedback.

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
I wrote them too and they answered within a business day. They forwarded my complain to the management, they are not allowed to upgrade the tables to grade four but they offered a refund.

Kerguelan

Jul 12, 2016
I have plenty of Zen coins built up but I almost bought the tables so I didn't have to grind and just play.. Pretty crappy when you can buy the two tables for 9.99 on Steam but pay 9.99 and only get two stars progress on Mobile.

I built up a lot of coins and tickets as well waiting for the new tables on iOS, but forgot I'd still have to grind for table parts. I dove straight into the timed chalenges, before paying for the 2 star unlock, and got MB to 2 in the first evening by keeping resetting the challenges. I've since used the timed challenges to get Monster Bash up to 3stars over the last few days, but I realise that there's no way use the zen coins to buy the remaining parts now that the first round of timed challenges is over, and none of the regular challenges offer table parts, so I can't develop the table any further.

Also, and I have no means of playing CFTBL at all, since it only offered me 2 challenges for Monster Bash each time, unless I now want to pay the £9.99 when I've already unlocked one of the tables past 2 stars. Was I supposed to pay for both tables to 2 stars up front, then use the timed challenges to get them to 4 stars, and would I have gotten 4 timed challenges to play each time, 2 for each table?

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Hope farsight's watching this thinking "the time to swoop in is now!" With their 50 brand new tables they have prepared and have been waiting for just the right moment to deliver the sweeping final blow to zen. But you know I just made that all up so highly doubtful. but would be cool :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.