Android: Purchased Monster Pack showing as 2 stars

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Just a heads up for people on android, I jumped on the app at 1 o'clock and saw the option to purchase the monsters pack for 9.99. The purchase went through and I got a receipt but the pack was not visible in any of the play lists.

I checked the play store for updates and sure enough there was one for williams app, so I ran it, and upon returning to the app the tables were there but they were both 2 stars.

Restore purchases just hangs and the tables do not show up as a sale bundle in the store. Also after uninstalling and reinstalling the tables are still 2 stars and now restore purchases says I have nothing to restore.

I've contacted zen support but no response as of yet. I'm assuming this was caused by purchasing the tables before the update was actually applied, but another user on here mentioned the same 2 star problem and I'm not sure if they did the same process as I did. In any case be mindful when purchasing that the app is updated beforehand in case that's what triggers this problem.

Anyone else seeing 2 star tables after purchasing on android?

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Similar thing for me but on iOS. Paid the money, confirmed the purchase but no tables. Tried restoring purchases. Nada. Wants me to buy table parts for Monster Bash now. Going to wait on that...

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
The update wasn't available when I purchased the table pack on Android and I have the same issue. As far as I remember there were only two stars depicted while the purchase process.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Similar thing for me but on iOS. Paid the money, confirmed the purchase but no tables. Tried restoring purchases. Nada. Wants me to buy table parts for Monster Bash now. Going to wait on that...

Interesting so it affects iOS too. Was your app updated before you purchased?

The update wasn't available when I purchased the table pack on Android and I have the same issue. As far as I remember there were only two stars depicted while the purchase process.

Yea I've seen 2 people conform they purchased the way we did and this was the result, not sure about the others

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
To anyone who hasn't purchased the pack can you click on the banner that says monster deal and see if the description says your paying full price for 2-star tables. A couple iOS users on reddit are making it sound like that's the new price point but I can no longer see the store entry since I've purchased already.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
No update on the IOS app store. Just had the banner with the one-time offer of purchase which took me through the process and left me standing there empty-handed.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
To anyone who hasn't purchased the pack can you click on the banner that says monster deal and see if the description says your paying full price for 2-star tables. A couple iOS users on reddit are making it sound like that's the new price point but I can no longer see the store entry since I've purchased already.

On iOS it shows 2 stars underneath both table icons when you click on them to purchase the tables. So I am pretty sure you are only purchasing 2 stars for $9.99. After you click on them there is no description other than confirming the purchase. Zen should make this clearer as most people are not going to notice this.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019

I purchased it, but also noticed that it was for 2 star tables. I just figured that is the new price point and they want you to still have something to do to earn stuff in the future.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012

I made my purchase of Monster Bash on on Zen Pinball 2 for MacOS ($4.99 for the one table). After the purchase went through, the table still shows as not purchased and wants me to purchase again. Checked my iTunes account and the $4.99 was indeed subtracted from my account but the purchase shows as "Pending" There are plenty of funds in my account.

I'm afraid now to try purchasing anything on iOS since it appears there is some kind of issue.

I'm left empty-handed as well...paid for my table and have nothing to show for it.

I've emailed support, I suggest you do the same: support@zenstudios.com

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Wait. I paid for two-star tables? I didn’t notice that, if that’s what it says. I would NOT have purchased it, if that’s the case.

I really really dislike this mobile app and it’s horrible play-for-parts nonsense. I purposefully avoid games with the slightest scent of that kind of business model. I was the happiest of customers when I was able to buy the first couple of table packs, and I’ve been squirming in my seat uncomfortably since they stopped giving that option.

When I saw that One-time purchase window pop-up again I jammed my finger into the screen as fast as I could hoping to totally avoid the coin-earning nonsense. If that turns out to be for 2-star tables then I feel like I’ve been gamed.

If I end up with two-star tables I’ll see if I can get out of my purchase. I’d rather just buy it on Switch, where there’s no shell-game. But if I’m stuck with it I won’t be buying it on Switch, or anywhere else.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The 2 star table purchase is a bug. If you purchased the $9.99 table pack, both Creature and Monster Bash should be upgraded to 4 stars and appear as "Owned." If you do not have full access to the tables after purchase, contact Zen through the app and they will help you out there.

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
Got a reply :

Hi xxx,

Thanks for contacting us.

The Universal Monsters Pack is sold with the tables upgraded to 2-stars.
I hope this clears things up.

Best regards,
xxx
Community Representative

What a greedy company!

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
And once you get the parts you have to drop 3000 tickets to upgrade to 4 stars. So what was the $9.99 for anyway. I hope The Pinball Arcade starts doing tables again. Maybe some 1970s gottliebs.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Got a reply :

What a greedy company!

Okay, if that is the case, I would like this website to have another sit down interview with Mel and duscuss these constantly changing policies which shift with every release and with no decent communication to users. Their communication is absolutely abysmal on things.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Wow seriously?! l understand 10 would be a steal if it were the full tables but 10 for two stars and you have to spend like 30 hours grinding if you want to play them like you own them is a kick in the teeth. Total garbage. I'm sticking to ps4/pc only and now have a much lesser opinion of Zen.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Okay so I just checked with the app, nowhere does it say the pack will only be two stars. It is implied by the two star icon in the thumbnail I guess but this is a limited time deal for 10 meaning the price will actually go up. I was under the impression that purchasing the tables from the store gave you the full tables, has that not been true in the past? Didnt people on here buy the full thing on the limited deal when this first came out and got full tables? This seems like unfair and deceptive advertising and business practices and may actually be illegal.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I enjoy mobile pinball but this grinding model totally puts me off. Stopped playing Zen and gone back to TPA. Which is a shame as the Zen tables are really good.

Bonkers model.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I couldn't possibly boycott zen as a whole, I'd miss out on too much stuff I love. But its strickly pc/ps4 for me. I am an obseesed pinball fan so if I cant stand grinding stuff I love I doubt the major audience will tolerate the grind even half as much. In all reality the mobile versions are just watered down lesser product anyway, weaker lighting tech weaker reflections, lower polygon models ect. As far as pinball on my phone/tablet goes my complete set of TPA satisfies that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.