DMD licensed tables. Which one is next?

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
With Universal Pack release, and with hopes that there will be new tables for Christmas and they start doing licensed stuff, the list for licensed DMD tables are :

Williams:
- Congo
- Johnny Mnemonic
- No Fear
- Dirty Harry
- The Flinstones
- Demolition Man
- Star Trek TNG
- Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
- Dracula
- Terminator 2
- Star Wars Episode 1 ( not really counting it as DMD, might fit in there )

Bally:
- NBA Fastbreak
- Indianapolis 500
- The Shadow
- Corvette
- Popeye Save the Earth
- World Cup Soccer
- Judge Dredd
- Twilight Zone
- Dr.Who
- Addams Family
- Gilligan’s Island

The one i hope to see for Christmas, which is always a good Christmas movie to watch, is Indiana Jones. Star Wars EP1 would fit the release of SW in theater , but really not sure it would happen. Sure, there is 6 non licensed tables left that could get release for Xmas, but if there is one i hope to see release, well, everybody wants it, its Indiana Jones. With their Disney partnership, i think it could be done?

Which ones you hope to see first?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'd say first priority for what I would like to see are any that weren't done in TPA. But after that, looking at this list, the ones that WERE done in TPA that I would like to see in Zen:

Terminator 2 - TPA's version was early and still feels very floaty, it would be great to have a Zen version of this classic
World Cup Soccer - super fun in real life, the TPA version is pretty good but I think it could benefit from Zen physics
Judge Dredd - very playable, and one of my favorite TPA tables
Indy 500 - deep rules, I've seen it in a lot of competitions lately too
Twilight Zone & Addams Family, because you just have to have them

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Think the assumption was that the next table pack (hopefully just before Christmas) would be one of the remaining unlicensed DMD 3-packs, but maybe that is wrong and it ends up being 1 or 2 licensed tables instead.

Still plenty I've never played, but Indiana Jones, World Cup Soccer, Twilight Zone, Addams Family, and Dr. Who would all be near the top of my list. Maybe just make all of them and I can decide which I like best after buying them all!

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I really want some unmade unlicensed alphanumeric’s first. But if I had to pick from the licensed DMD list above, I would go for Adams Family and Popeye as my top choices. Indy would be good too though.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Indy would be the coup for me, hopefully Zen has a good enough relationship with Disney to at least get someone to talk to them about it. The Williams table plus a couple of Zen Originals with the license in a pack would be great.

If we get something Farsight did...probably Star Trek:TNG. It's always been a favorite of mine from the arcades and I'd love an updated version.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
^^^ For the last two posters, there are two "Indy" games on the list. Indianapolis 500 or Indiana Jones?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
NBA Fastbreak - I always am going to ask for it, though I think Zen should time that for May in preparation for the NBA Finals.
Addams Family - A fantastic looking and playing version of it? Yes please.
Dirty Harry - Go ahead Zen, make my day. Plus it wasn't in TPA.
Johnny Mnemonic - Because I want the Zen animation enhancements to just convert the whole table into The Matrix.
The Shadow - simply to shut people up from requesting it as a consolation prize to Indiana Jones.

and of course

Indiana Jones - The 40th anniversary of Raiders is in 2021. Guess when I think we might see this table? Hopefully Zen gets to pull out all the stops and make original tables out of the franchise. I for one want a Thuggy Ceremony table, where a Mola Ram hand reaches into the center of the table and pulls out red pinballs for multiball. Could also do a Young Indiana Jones table, where it teaches you history...of pinball. Starts with no flippers, then 2 inch flippers and chimes, and finally a modern layout.

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
The Indy 500 and associated material has just changed hands, with Roger Penske's company owning everything to do with IndyCar nowadays. I'm not sure if that makes matters easier or harder for negotiations over licenses, as I'd imagine a new owner would see this as an easy way of getting some additional promotion, but on the other hand, it's all based on the 'old' owner's material.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
More than anything i want Indiana Jones & The Shadow. Brian Eddy only got to design 3 tables- Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars & The Shadow. all 3 hit it out of the park. you've got imagine farsight tried hard to get The Shadow and couldn't. I wonder if that was because of the cost, or because Zen partnered up with Universal prior to obtaining williams/bally and FS was blocked from future deals with universal. In any case Zen just gave us a Universal 2 pack, and had already given us Universal properties in the past... so this is just wishful thinking but I would assume in their recent talks to get CFTBL and MB, that the Shadow has already been mentioned, possibly already purchased in a multi property one lump deal. Universal also owns the Flinstones Movie. Flintstones is a great table but allot of people who buy the flintstones table purchase available mod kits to make it look based on the cartoon and not the movie. i think everyone wishes that one was released based on the cartoon. If I were zen and i planned to put that one out I would retheme the art/animation/sounds, cut out having to pay universal and all those actors and get a deal going with Hana Barbera for both Flinstones and Popeye. I think that's the one retheme no one would be up in arms about... except you know that one dude who probably played it allot back in the day and wanted that exact nostalgia.

NBA fastbreak is a great one, im not even big into sports and i love it. sadly there's is NO WAY then can secure that one in a profitable manner without modification. 2k games paid 1.1 billion for the NBA license and has it for 7 years. but all it would take is to drop the NBA logo, remove the team names from the dmd and art, and to remove any likeness of real life players. None of those modification would hurt the game for me, rather have it in some form than not at all.
i wonder what the chances of seeing any non-dmd licensed titles are looking like. it's hard to imagine they will even bother to pay extra fee's to get us golden oldies like Bally's 1977 Evel Knievel, the original Bally Kiss table from 1979, and Captain Fantastic 1977, just to name a few of the most famous 70's licensed tables that are still constantly used in modern real life tournaments. On the williams side of things I think Roller Games 1990 is the only licensed non-dmd table they have ever done. Joust and Defender are themselves williams created properties so don't count.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
If I were zen and i planned to put that one out I would retheme the art/animation/sounds, cut out having to pay universal and all those actors and get a deal going with Hana Barbera for both Flinstones and Popeye.

The original Popeye Saves the Earth table bypassed annoying cartoon licensing and based itself on the comics, meaning that they only had to deal with King Features Syndicate, who still own the comic rights and name. Thankfully no Festering or dealing with HB (Turner/Warner) would be needed, they'd just be dealing with KFS again.

I think that's the one retheme no one would be up in arms about... except you know that one dude who probably played it allot back in the day and wanted that exact nostalgia.

Also, Zen, feel free to Fester Alec Baldwin's likeness.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i never noticed popeye is based on the comic and not the cartoon, kind of weird they were able to impersonate his voice like on the toon and not get in trouble and the bally promo for its release has the cartoon mentioned and playing all over it. also i was totally wrong hana barbera doesnt own popeye not sure why i thought that.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
i never noticed popeye is based on the comic and not the cartoon, kind of weird they were able to impersonate his voice like on the toon and not get in trouble and the bally promo for its release has the cartoon mentioned and playing all over it. also i was totally wrong hana barbera doesnt own popeye not sure why i thought that.
Looking at the copyrights, King Features owns the rights to both the comic and cartoon. All cartoon releases were commissioned to animation studios by King Features.

This should be a very easy license for Zen to obtain.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'll be extremely happy when there's a table that's not already in TPA. It's time for something new. Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons/Big Buck Hunter Pro were released mid-September 2018 -which is well over a year ago- and I haven't seen a new table since.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.