Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107

Thread: Arcade1up Pinball?

  1. #76
    Senior Member Dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    166
    My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official Website is now showing all 3 pinball cabinets. Marvel, Star Wars, and Attack from Mars.

    https://arcade1up.com/collections/pinball

  2. #77
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    392
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok5555555 View Post
    Official Website is now showing all 3 pinball cabinets. Marvel, Star Wars, and Attack from Mars.

    https://arcade1up.com/collections/pinball
    The Star Wars and Williams cabinets are photoshop renders and may still change before they become available for pre-order. At least it is nice to see that Arcade1Up has made it past some of the backroom hurdles to at least post these on the website.

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    263
    My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man ... Sure would like to know what tables are included with the "Attack From Mars" cab!
    (Signed up for the Newsletter)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, "Terminator 2", "Bad Cats"

  4. #79
    Senior Member jrolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    686
    My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we know if there will be a usb port/wifi options for adding/updating tables or will there only be a limited number on the cab?

  5. #80
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    392
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrolson View Post
    Do we know if there will be a usb port/wifi options for adding/updating tables or will there only be a limited number on the cab?
    Wifi for high scores/tournaments, and tables limited to what comes with the unit.

  6. #81
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,274
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    From what I've heard, and I believe John D just said it in Retro Ralph's most recent YouTube vid, was that there isn't going to be any wi-fi in this first generation of cab. It's not so much that the parts are expensive (because they're actually dirt cheap), it's the establishing a network, having a staff to create and maintain the servers, etc. So far NBA Jam is the only cab that has it, they are about to put it into a new version of Golden Tee, and I think that's it.

    As for USB, yes there will be a mini USB port for the purposes of firmware upgrades. What John did say was that if these cabs are successful (and they feel all indications show they will) and they come out with a new wave of cabs that lets say does offer the ability to purchase more tables via wi-fi through the cab, the USB on this first batch would allow people to add tables then to those too. So it's a bit of future proofing without knowing exactly what direction they are going to go. Competition with these other cabs may very well force 1Ups hand. I think if anything though, it'd be that you'd be able to add *only* Marvel tables to the Marvel cab, Star Wars to Star Wars, etc. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch. It also sounded like they are currently working on hammering out a license with Universal for all those tables, but I don't think we'll see a cab with nothing but non licensed Zen original anytime soon.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  7. #82
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,560
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No Good Gofers on the DMD, huh?

  8. #83
    Senior Member Dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    166
    My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else notice the pic of Black Panther on the Marvel cabinet. Almost positive he isn't featured in any of the currently released Marvel tables.

  9. #84
    Senior Member trash80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    392
    My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    From what I've heard, and I believe John D just said it in Retro Ralph's most recent YouTube vid, was that there isn't going to be any wi-fi in this first generation of cab. It's not so much that the parts are expensive (because they're actually dirt cheap), it's the establishing a network, having a staff to create and maintain the servers, etc. So far NBA Jam is the only cab that has it, they are about to put it into a new version of Golden Tee, and I think that's it.

    As for USB, yes there will be a mini USB port for the purposes of firmware upgrades. What John did say was that if these cabs are successful (and they feel all indications show they will) and they come out with a new wave of cabs that lets say does offer the ability to purchase more tables via wi-fi through the cab, the USB on this first batch would allow people to add tables then to those too. So it's a bit of future proofing without knowing exactly what direction they are going to go. Competition with these other cabs may very well force 1Ups hand. I think if anything though, it'd be that you'd be able to add *only* Marvel tables to the Marvel cab, Star Wars to Star Wars, etc. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch. It also sounded like they are currently working on hammering out a license with Universal for all those tables, but I don't think we'll see a cab with nothing but non licensed Zen original anytime soon.
    So according to John D we are now looking at $499 or more for an Android based system with haptic feedback at three points based on accelerometer input within the cabinet, and that doesn't offer global highscores, challenges nor tournament capability?

  10. #85
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,274
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Correct.

  11. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    263
    My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the price -- based on some YouTube vids -- will be $549 for the Marvel cab. I would think that "Attack From Mars" and "Star Wars" will be the same.
    They verified the following:
    * No WiFi
    * Haptic Feedback and Accelerometer included.
    * No info on the specific names of the included tables.
    * May not be available in quantity until April 2021.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, "Terminator 2", "Bad Cats"

  12. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    365
    My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawley View Post
    Saw this on Pinside and probably worth discussing here. Looks like there another virtual pinball machine coming out from AtGames. Reveled in this video:

    The breakdown of the included tables:


    38 Pinball Arcade tables (Gotlieb)
    61 Williams tables from Farsight
    108 Zaccaria tables

    207 tables total. Has a price tag of $599
    Everything that they are promising for this sounds a bit too good to be true. The ability to get the Zaccaria tables going would be awesome if it is coming from Steam.

  13. #88
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,274
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    Actually, the price -- based on some YouTube vids -- will be $549 for the Marvel cab. I would think that "Attack From Mars" and "Star Wars" will be the same.
    They verified the following:
    * No WiFi
    * Haptic Feedback and Accelerometer included.
    * No info on the specific names of the included tables.
    * May not be available in quantity until April 2021.
    We'll have the names of the tables included prior to pre-release orders being taken, according to John D.
    As with many video game items this holiday, most won't be readily available till 2021. That April date didn't come from A1U though, that's purely GameStop. Best Buy will also be carrying the Marvel cab, so be interesting to see what date they put on it. Walmart will be the exclusive in store carrier of Star Wars from the sounds of it.
    That $549 price tag sounds like it's for the retailers, while John seemed to hint that AFM might come in at $500, being that it'll be sold from their site and therefore no need for a retailer mark up. Again, we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  14. #89
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,274
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Everything that they are promising for this sounds a bit too good to be true. The ability to get the Zaccaria tables going would be awesome if it is coming from Steam.
    You gotta cut through a lot of the fluff and interpret what the realities are.
    Only the 22 Gottlieb tables and the eventual Taito creations will be native to the cab, and only those will feature portrait play with haptics and accelerometer.
    All the other FarSight tables will be in landscape mode, as they never came out with an official cab mode beyond what they partnered with Arcooda for. I guess if you have that mod for portrait you could use that, but you'll still not have haptic feedback and nudging will need to be done with buttons.
    The Zacc tables have native cab mode, but I wonder if they'll take a cue from Zen and declare it a violation of EULA terms, seeing as how they'll be available on the Well Played Arcade cab.
    The ArcadeNet feature, that'll run you $20 per month if I read that correctly.
    The BYOG feature, where you stream your games to the cab, costs $1 per hour. Also, there is lag on pinball according to sources.
    You can still then just hook up your PC via HDMI to it, but that means no leaderboards or tourneys as set up in ArcadeNet, presumably.

    We've done a whole breakdown of the thing on the BlahCade Pinball Podcast this week, available now on our YouTube channel.
    I'm just sayin'

    official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

    subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

    buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

    play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

    follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

  15. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    365
    My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    You gotta cut through a lot of the fluff and interpret what the realities are.
    Only the 22 Gottlieb tables and the eventual Taito creations will be native to the cab, and only those will feature portrait play with haptics and accelerometer.
    All the other FarSight tables will be in landscape mode, as they never came out with an official cab mode beyond what they partnered with Arcooda for. I guess if you have that mod for portrait you could use that, but you'll still not have haptic feedback and nudging will need to be done with buttons.
    The Zacc tables have native cab mode, but I wonder if they'll take a cue from Zen and declare it a violation of EULA terms, seeing as how they'll be available on the Well Played Arcade cab.
    The ArcadeNet feature, that'll run you $20 per month if I read that correctly.
    The BYOG feature, where you stream your games to the cab, costs $1 per hour. Also, there is lag on pinball according to sources.
    You can still then just hook up your PC via HDMI to it, but that means no leaderboards or tourneys as set up in ArcadeNet, presumably.

    We've done a whole breakdown of the thing on the BlahCade Pinball Podcast this week, available now on our YouTube channel.
    Thanks. Like I said, red flag city. If Zaccaria would play on it in cab mode... via steam... awesome! But I'm actually more worried about the 60 fps claim. I don't understand how they could manage the larger screens and the processing.

  16. #91
    Moderator jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,307
    My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Thanks. Like I said, red flag city. If Zaccaria would play on it in cab mode... via steam... awesome! But I'm actually more worried about the 60 fps claim. I don't understand how they could manage the larger screens and the processing.
    From the spec sheet I saw in one of the groups it suggested that the only thing that will run at 60 frames per second at 1080p are those titles that are natively installed on the hardware.

    So that amounts to all of the pinball arcade tables that are installed as first class citizens on the hardware itself.

    Honestly though there is so much information floating around about these things that even I'm having a hard time deciphering what is true and what isn't.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

  17. #92
    Senior Member wolfson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    3,803
    My Devices
    XBOX1S , laptop , PS5
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we might have to wait a little bit longer , i like to get the Marvel and Williams tables . i reckon more info just before Chrissie or early in the new year would be great .

  18. #93
    Moderator jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,307
    My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly quite dubious whether we'll see these products down here @wolfson

    After import duty, tax and other Aussie government grafts this is going to be at least $800 given the current exchange rate.

    And at that price, that's a bit too much to pay for me for games I already have on Steam.

    I don't like putting this realisation down in text, but I fear this is the harsh reality of it.

    I have heard that the cabinet is a multi voltage cabinet so it is compatible with 240V without modification.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

  19. #94
    Moderator jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,307
    My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I think would be smart business is for Arcade 1Up to get a local cabinet builder to do the production assembly down here. It would be cheaper than importing.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

  20. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    250
    My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New video from Zen with Mel demonstrating on a Marvel Cab.

    So the next question is... are these custom cabinet camera angles and when do we get those camera views for fx3?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=c-bGrEfQaJc

  21. #96
    Moderator shutyertrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    7,274
    My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, they are custom angles for this cab. Other elements might also have been altered in widebody layouts to fill the monitor better.

  22. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    250
    My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Yes, they are custom angles for this cab. Other elements might also have been altered in widebody layouts to fill the monitor better.
    Need this on steam cab version then. I won稚 hold my breath though.

  23. #98
    Senior Member jrolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    686
    My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see a premium version with working backglass screen and wifi...

  24. #99
    Senior Member Dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    166
    My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.gamestop.com/video-games...?condition=New

    Gamestop saying a November 30th release? $550.

  25. #100
    Senior Member wolfson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    3,803
    My Devices
    XBOX1S , laptop , PS5
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    I'm honestly quite dubious whether we'll see these products down here @wolfson

    After import duty, tax and other Aussie government grafts this is going to be at least $800 given the current exchange rate.

    And at that price, that's a bit too much to pay for me for games I already have on Steam.

    I don't like putting this realisation down in text, but I fear this is the harsh reality of it.

    I have heard that the cabinet is a multi voltage cabinet so it is compatible with 240V without modification.
    Jared , agree with you might be a wait and see here , i think .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •