Arcade1up Pinball?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here’s a recent review of that ToyShock mini virtual pin. Doesn’t seem too impressive. Not sure if it’s the same vid as linked to above. Didn’t want to sit through it twice to find out. Lol

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
https://youtu.be/Kt5Qr2Wz5y0

More info now things are starting to open up again in China.

V1.2 should be out in August with proper 60fps.

International distribution for 1.2 is also discussed.

V2.0 should be out by Christmas at around US$500

Anywhere between "12 to 20 games" so alphas and DMDs would be my guess.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I thought I heard "12 to 24", which would essentially just be the entire Gottlieb collection. Makes sense, if you are making a video backbox then there's no reason you can't just put the alpha scoring on that. That will also streamline manufacturing so that the only thing they are having to change is the vinyl skins.

I love how he says "a software problem was identified" regarding the high scores saving. Didn't make mention of wi-fi this time though, which I believe was mentioned during CES.

So if this is now holiday bound for 2.0, I wonder if 1UP's Star Wars cab is also delayed till then, as it was supposed to come out in August initially too.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] you can almost put money down that A 1UP will be a "by Christmas 2020" offering. Shift everything back about two months and you've got your new timelines.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
12 to 20 games really seems like a big range. 12 games as existing kind of makes you scratch your head and wonder why even bother. 20 games, maybe it makes sense. But with so many being Goetlieb Premier, almost impossible to pull the trigger.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm in the minority I guess, but outside of Bone Busters, I like those particular Gottlieb tables -- except for City of Gold! Why in God's name did they pick that over the original El Dorado? At any rate, I can't justify the expense for 12 tables I already have in virtual form. As yespage said, if there were 20 to start with more coming, it would be a bit more tempting at that price.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm in the minority I guess, but outside of Bone Busters, I like those particular Gottlieb tables -- except for City of Gold! Why in God's name did they pick that over the original El Dorado? At any rate, I can't justify the expense for 12 tables I already have in virtual form. As yespage said, if there were 20 to start with more coming, it would be a bit more tempting at that price.

FarSight only made 24 Gottlieb recreations. So either ToyShock puts the remaining 12 on version 2.0, or I think they put all 24 on there. ToyShock is not going to want to keep manufacturing v1.2 once 2.0 comes out, and the software costs nothing to include.

AcadDude

Jul 8, 2018
FarSight only made 24 Gottlieb recreations. So either ToyShock puts the remaining 12 on version 2.0, or I think they put all 24 on there. ToyShock is not going to want to keep manufacturing v1.2 once 2.0 comes out, and the software costs nothing to include.

Totally agree. Looks great on the box as 24 games in one.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

I thought it was 22 (not 24) tables. In TPA there are 2x 6 table packs, and 2x 5 table packs.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Saw this on Pinside and probably worth discussing here. Looks like there another virtual pinball machine coming out from AtGames. Reveled in this video:

The breakdown of the included tables:

38 Pinball Arcade tables (Gotlieb)
61 Williams tables from Farsight
108 Zaccaria tables

207 tables total. Has a price tag of $599

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Now it looks like this has some controversy - particularly using the Pinball Arcade tables given that Farsight is using those for the Toy Shock machines. And sure enough someone posted a Tweet from Mel Kirk responding to this machine.

51731e507b2e9559f5f93e6d7f3581f3da67c965.jpg

So will see how this goes.

If this came out like 3-4 years ago I would have likely been itching to get it. Looks like an affordable virtual pin playing all the games I want to play. But now can't even think of spending this kind of money on Pinball Arcade tables.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Man ... Sure would like to know what tables are included with the "Attack From Mars" cab!
(Signed up for the Newsletter)

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Do we know if there will be a usb port/wifi options for adding/updating tables or will there only be a limited number on the cab?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.