Arcade1up Pinball?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Definitely all are tables that exist TPA. Very likely that it is Farsight's table recreations. Seems pretty cool, but I'd like to actually see one in action. Videos just don't convey the sizing scale, but I'd assume it's close to the same scale as the Arcade1Up units, but in pinball form.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If FarSight had anything to do with this, it's quite shocking they haven't said a thing. Also, I would think it'd go in direct competition with the deal they have with Arcooda (not that anyone has seen one of those cabinets yet), but who knows? I mean it makes total sense that this would use the TPA versions, but why in the world would FarSight not be promoting this?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
If FarSight had anything to do with this, it's quite shocking they haven't said a thing. Also, I would think it'd go in direct competition with the deal they have with Arcooda (not that anyone has seen one of those cabinets yet), but who knows? I mean it makes total sense that this would use the TPA versions, but why in the world would FarSight not be promoting this?

Thing is though, is Arcooda Pinball Arcade available for use commercially, as in a location setting? This model is home use only and has 12 of the 60 or so tables Arcooda offers. Plus, the 12 look like they're running on the mobile version of the game, given the ball looks.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It definitely has to be FarSight's tables, given the selection. Not only is it all Gottlieb, but it features some of FarSight's legendary dud choices of Gottlieb tables.

The question is just if it's properly licensed or if FarSight is gonna get to sue someone.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Gladiators and Tee'd Off are also shown in that Facebook profile picture but not mentioned in the video showcasing the Haunted House one from Walmart.

It seems there will be several skins with several assortments of tables. And apparently there will be some overlapping, since Black Hole is shown as a table skin but is also shown as being included with the Haunted House table skin.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've joined the Facebook group and I'm asking some questions about how this thing is possible.

Somebody asked very early on if this was just a Farsight bit of software with a new skin. There is no answer as yet.

People are already talking about using this as a cheap cabinet and then adding all the other pincab staples like a second screen etc

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
If FarSight had anything to do with this, it's quite shocking they haven't said a thing.
It's possible that there is a NDA with Farsight until a specific date and Walmart jumped the gun and listed the preorder early.

I've seen this happen a few times before with indie games. A title gets announced prematurely by a large retailer and the indie company still has to remain silent until specific date.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I did send a Facebook message to FarSight a few days ago about whether or not they were involved in this. No response.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
looks awesome. wonder if it works with nudges. at $400 i would say this is an android device, cant be a pc xbox or ps4 or would cost more, and apple wouldnt just let them use an ipad. with the cost to produce the cabinet alone i wouldnt bet on this thing having a very good resolution, probably 720x1280. also no dmd, no second screen. ...at least it doesnt seem to have a 2nd screen, and when they are playing bone busters in the vid the backglass is still haunted house. perhaps the dmd will display on the top of the single screen for those tables.

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
The ad for the product is a red flag as they show virtually no actual game play, just a few blips, meanwhile they show kids and adults acting like they have never seen an electronic device before.

There are a couple buttons on the side, making me think the blues ones are for nudging. One other thing "High Scores recorded and saved for every game"... almost as if Farsight didn't even bother to modify the code to stop needless saving!

And finally "3D Digital Pinball"? That looks 2D to me. Tilting a 2D screen on its axis doesn't automatically make it a 3D experience.
looks awesome. wonder if it works with nudges. at $400 i would say this is an android device, cant be a pc xbox or ps4 or would cost more, and apple wouldnt just let them use an ipad. with the cost to produce the cabinet alone i wouldnt bet on this thing having a very good resolution, probably 720x1280. also no dmd, no second screen. ...at least it doesnt seem to have a 2nd screen, and when they are playing bone busters in the vid the backglass is still haunted house. perhaps the dmd will display on the top of the single screen for those tables.
For $400, I think I could survive all of those things. It is the table selection that are finger nails on the chalkboard. A number of those tables are on my list of unpreferred tables. And with this likely being mobile, the games won't even play as well as on a console.

And with this out when Zen is prettying up new Williams Bally releases, seems like too little way too late... even if the price tag seems decent.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Pinball Arcade themselves confirmed this is a legit product.

Would love to see that confirmation myself.

Also sounds like the absolute death nail for FarSight doing anything else with pinball, as it seems like a last minute cash grab before abandoning the license.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
400 bucks could actually get you a functional but worn down needs love 70's gottlieb, as long as you were able to pick it up and avoid shipping. Not any popular title will be found that cheap but believe me you can find something.
This mini pinball machine looks so damn cute though. but yeah the table selection doesnt have anything that great and its probably low res and simplified to keep the processing unit's cost down. none of the tables listed have a 2nd button so your probably right about those being the nudge buttons.
analyzing the crap out of the video I'm now 100% sure the back glass is not a screen i can see warping in the score parts while the rest stays static, so those are score displays like on older pins and calculators. Probably it was an error that they mentioned any tables that have dmd and this is pre-dmd tables only. The price point of all the arcade cabs this company has been putting out is always 400 so you know they wouldn't just throw an extra screen in there at the same cost, especially since the processing unit in this already needs to be way more powerful than what it takes to run street fighter II and Ms Pac-Man.
I would say if your looking for something as a really cool decoration then grab this right away it's awesome, but if you expect a better playing experience than you already have with these tables you will most likely be let down, i'd wait for some hands on reviews and decide then.

all this just really makes me wish farsight will delve into all those stern 70's tables which would be perfect for this kind of cab. Sucks farsight just sort of flaked out after the williams/bally debacle even though they have so many hundreds of older unlicensed gems to pull from.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It’s a single 24” display for the play field. Backglass is an image, so hope you like Haunted House!

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
And finally "3D Digital Pinball"? That looks 2D to me. Tilting a 2D screen on its axis doesn't automatically make it a 3D experience.

But the machine itself is a 3 dimensional object.

1,000,000,000 IQ marketing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.