Thread: Zaccaria Deluxe Tables

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zaccaria Deluxe Tables

First of the Deluxe tables has just been released.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Pinball_Table/

Not tried it yet (that will change soon enough). Looks like its a music based game, side art has a keyboard and drumsticks added, not sure if the figure left of centre is a bash-toy or not.

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initial impressions of the table are a bit disappointing.

The table looks great, like a modern table. But the ball physics are floaty so feels like their older EM pins. It feels off for this table.

The music/sound is the largest missed opportunity and make me not want to even play the table. I love the girl band theme to it and you would think as soon as the table starts you would be hearing some ear bleeding riffs. Strangely the first thing you hear a sax tooting along with a drum. Then when you play the game the music is very toned down. A guitar and piano noodle around for awhile. Then a piano comes in and plays a few chords. At times the music sounds like something you might hear from the 60s but then morphs in to in to some jam session you might hear amateur elderly musicians play at a country club. It's pretty terrible. They really should have gotten a local band to record a few rock songs and use those.

I can't speak much of the gameplay/rules of the table as I barely dug in to it as the rest was so off putting for me.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawley View Post
    Initial impressions of the table are a bit disappointing.

The table looks great, like a modern table. But the ball physics are floaty so feels like their older EM pins. It feels off for this table.

The music/sound is the largest missed opportunity and make me not want to even play the table. I love the girl band theme to it and you would think as soon as the table starts you would be hearing some ear bleeding riffs. Strangely the first thing you hear a sax tooting along with a drum. Then when you play the game the music is very toned down. A guitar and piano noodle around for awhile. Then a piano comes in and plays a few chords. At times the music sounds like something you might hear from the 60s but then morphs in to in to some jam session you might hear amateur elderly musicians play at a country club. It's pretty terrible. They really should have gotten a local band to record a few rock songs and use those.

I can't speak much of the gameplay/rules of the table as I barely dug in to it as the rest was so off putting for me.
    You can customize the physics, but overall the Zaccaria platform is still not worth the time. With each patch they continue to break other things, and simply due to the underlying engine and how it has been developed, this will never be on a level with even fan-based platforms like VPX. Sad really...

My Devices
    PS3, PS4 Pro, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the entire suite of Zaccaria Pinball a couple days ago and I'm really enjoying it. Kind of a funny story......I recently bought a gaming laptop (Alienware M17 with an RTX 2070 Max-Q) and this was the first game I bought for it. All the games were running like butter and looking good with all the graphics settings slammed (the screen is only 1080p max, so not really pushing a 2070), then I tried this deluxe table and it was running choppy. I was like, ahh really? But then I discovered the game was using the built-in Intel graphics and not the 2070, so I switched preferences to always use the 2070 and then this table was as smooth as the rest of them. It actually looks better too, the colors are more vivid and realistic looking.

But yeah, this deluxe table isn't all that great. It looks too busy and with too many flippers everywhere.

One question I have about this Zaccaria suite....which ones are the tables as they actually existed in the the real world?

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question I have about this Zaccaria suite....which ones are the tables as they actually existed in the the real world?
    All of the ones under the Solid State and Electro Mechanical categories. Everything else (Retro, Remake, Award, Deluxe) is pure digital.