My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johni3w6 View Post
    Fire
    That would be such a nice pull if they do that one. It's not a complicated table but I've always found the layout challenging and the theme fun. Just gotta get the multiplier bell clang to sound right - e.g. make it far louder than any of the table sound effects.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The suspense is driving me banana flippers. Because those gambling issues this next pack is going to be different. its gonna tell us stuff like... check it out we really are putting out some older tables and this is how we will be treating them, or look what awesome property we were able to get, or see how we were able to modify the tables to avoid the issues, or maybe even show us a pack of tables never before digitized so they can be all like Hey guys we know you wanted something new and you got it. This next pack could be anything. It might not even be a 3 pack, it might be a single licensed table, for all we know it could be Indiana Jones. anyone else starting to go bonker balls like me here? what gonna happen??!!! WHEN!!!??? ahhh!!!!! man i love this stuff

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The suspense is driving me banana flippers. (...) for all we know it could be Indiana Jones.
    TBH I'm just glad if there is at least one table I already own on TPA/SPA. Yes they're all good tables, yes there's an improvement in the Zen versions, but it's all been there, done that as far as digital pinball goes. I'm ready for something different.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They gave us a great pack in V, so I'm happy to wait a bit still.

My Devices
    Xbone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez Louise, the packs have been good so far but some non TPA tables would be great!!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the UMP and Vol.5 can keep us playing for a long time it would be nice to hear which tables Vol.6 will have.

Also I disagree about "been there done that" by TPA, as the bad implementation of something doesn't mean it's there at all. I gave TPA several tries in the past but the physics were so bad that it always drove me off so I just skipped it totally, and the turn of events have shown it was the right decision. Paying so much money for seeing just 3D models and hearing ROM sounds while having a bad & sour gameplay experience is not "been there done that", but rather "I threw my money in the toilet". It's like paying for a BMW but getting a BMW chassis with a FIAT engine under the hood.
    Last edited by pinfan7; 01-22-2020 at 09:37 AM.

My Devices
    Note 9, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    While the UP and Vol.5 can keep us playing for a long time it would be nice to hear which tables Vol.6 will have.

Also I disagree about "been there done that" by TPA, as the bad implementation of something doesn't mean it's there at all. I gave TPA several tries in the past but the physics were so bad that it always drove me off so I just skipped it totally, and the turn of events have shown it was the right decision. Paying so much money for seeing just 3D models and hearing ROM sounds while having a bad & sour gameplay experience is not "been there done that", but rather "I threw my money in the toilet". It's like paying for a BMW but getting a BMW chassis with a FIAT engine under the hood.
    I'm with you. The Zen versions are so vastly superior, it makes every TPA table irrelevant. I haven't even touched TPA in years now. Zen totally revived my interest in digital pinball with these Williams machines, and I'm happy to let them keep selecting the tables they want to work on without whining about it.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still like and play tpa, zen is better for sure, but after zen i still think tpa is the best in digital pinball. and yeah ive played all the bootleg unofficial pinaball stuff too. i love making dmd's and modding other's tables into stuff with those but they are so prone to crashing.

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still like and play tpa, zen is better for sure, but after zen i still think tpa is the best in digital pinball. and yeah ive played all the bootleg unofficial pinaball stuff too. i love making dmd's and modding other's tables into stuff with those but they are so prone to crashing.
    After completing all the new Williams Pinball tables (Monsters and Vol 5) to four stars, I have actually gone back to TPA for casual play. I definitely can't bring myself to play any of the tables that are now in Williams, but they suffer both from having been done better by Zen and also being some of the oldest tables in TPA. But I have been spending time with the tables that, in my opinion at least, Zen did the best.

I tagged some favorites, tables that play great in TPA and that probably won't get implemented in Williams any time soon:

- Big Shot
    - Centigrade 37
    - Eight Ball Deluxe
    - El Dorado EM
    - F14 Tomcat
    - Fathom
    - Paragon
    - Sorcerer
    - Space Shuttle
    - Whirlwind

They also did a fine job with some of the later DMD implementations, starting with The Addams Family but also Judge Dredd, Indianapolis 500, Brahm Stokers Dracula, Jack Bot. Still very playable and fun. And the SPA games are all really strong.

My Devices
    PS4, XB1, Switch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    After completing all the new Williams Pinball tables (Monsters and Vol 5) to four stars, I have actually gone back to TPA for casual play. I definitely can't bring myself to play any of the tables that are now in Williams, but they suffer both from having been done better by Zen and also being some of the oldest tables in TPA. But I have been spending time with the tables that, in my opinion at least, Zen did the best.
    Same here! I still play TPA for the non-Zen released tables.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, I play more TPA simply because I have 100 tables (well....99 actual re-creations) in one app, but with Zen, there are currently only like 18 re-creations. While I own all the Zen originals, they just don't really appeal to me like re-creations of real life tables do.

That might change once (or if) Zen ever reaches that kind of number of "real" tables.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    While the UMP and Vol.5 can keep us playing for a long time it would be nice to hear which tables Vol.6 will have.

Totally agree. I would take Gorgar at this point. Would love Centaur and Pinbot. Any improvement over TPA would be welcomed because Zen has for both better and worse spoiled me. I almost never boot up TPA anymore, and I have almost every table they did. But the physics aren’t as good, the lighting isn’t as good, the sound isn’t as good, the graphics aren’t as clear sometimes, and it all drives me nuts.

That being said, I would LOVE some tables never done before. Still waiting on Flash and Vector as I have said both here and to Zen many times. Please make it happen Zen! Oh...and Hot Doggin would be nice too! Desperately need a snow skiing table.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also still play quite a few of the TPA tables on my VPCabs Vertigo cabinet. I'm one of the few that purchased the Arcooda cabinet enhancement, and really enjoy the way it's implemented on my 2 monitor system. For a 1st gen product it is really quite nice. And we continued to receive updates to the software for months after TPA lost the Bally/Williams license. I've often wondered if FarSight would have been motivated to upgrade the TPA engine if this had taken off. Of course, it drives me crazy to play "Attack From Mars" and/or "Road Show" via TPA; but I have a choice, plus access to dozens and dozens of additional tables. And, yes, "Big Shot" and "Eight Ball Deluxe" are among my favorites along with "Bride of Pinbot", "Star Trek:The Next Generation", and "Funhouse". Perhaps this new Toyshock implementation will spur FarSight to do *something*.

As for Zen: Please give us "Revenge From Mars" already! The video shots in that game can be perfectly emulated by on-table animations which Zen loves to do! Why the delay??
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ afm2 would be great! i wish i had kept a calander of dates on when all the other packs came out so i had a better understanding of the random wait times. feel like any day now we will hear something. i wonder if we will see some of the bally/williams sneak its way into other catagories, SW episode one for example might find its way into the star wars section, its even a possibility that indiana jones will cost a bit too much and the price tag could very well give them rights to make original tables to lump with it for maximum extra profits creating an IJ section.

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ afm2 would be great! i wish i had kept a calander of dates on when all the other packs came out so i had a better understanding of the random wait times. feel like any day now we will hear something. i wonder if we will see some of the bally/williams sneak its way into other catagories, SW episode one for example might find its way into the star wars section, its even a possibility that indiana jones will cost a bit too much and the price tag could very well give them rights to make original tables to lump with it for maximum extra profits creating an IJ section.
    Two things come to mind based on Blahcade podcast interviews with Mel; the one is that they already had two originals ready to be released in the beginning of 2019, and he explained that they are looking at ramping their release cycle up to a 6 week release schedule. Unfortunately that fell by the wayside after Vol 4 and my suspicions has all along been that the Star Wars Switch release for some or other reason demanded exclusivity in terms of marketing etc. and that skippered the plans for the 6 weeks schedule. Vol 5 was released more or less 6 weeks after Universal Monsters, so hopefully that is as indication as you say that we can expect a new announcement soon.

The big question is if it is going to be Vol 6, a licensed Williams release i.e. Indiana Jones, Zen Star Wars originals, or Zen originals such as Operencia, Dread Nautical, or Castle Storm 2. I only have one wish, and that is that which ever tables come out next, is also designed with Williams Classic physics from the get-go. I sincerely hope that Zen will create all their originals from now on with Classic Arcade / Tournament physics.

I recall hearing somebody somewhere saying something about Zen creating originals along with real life tables. My dream pack would the Williams Indiana Jones table along with two Zen original Indiana Jones tables bases on the LucasArt games - Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Discord server - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    Surface Pro 3, Samsung 700T (running on Android 9.0), iPhone 6S
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually emailed Zen about putting Cactus Canyon in the game... They said they'll look into it.

My Devices
    Mac, Virtual Cabinet (PC)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daxyd View Post
    I actually emailed Zen about putting Cactus Canyon in the game... They said they'll look into it.
    Please, please, please on Cactus Canyon. I'm looking forward to whatever the next volume contains.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really REALLY want Catcus Canyon. No doubt Zen would do wonderous things with it. Maybe even actually finish it.

My Devices
    PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 vote for Cactus Canyon

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my question isn’t so much what, but WHEN? I am hoping for a release sometime in March. As usual, it sure would be nice to get a hint instead of silence. Obviously the complaints about this lack of communication have been completely ignored. Never a good idea to ignore your customers.

My Devices
    PS4/PS3/Vita
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rise of Skywalker will be released to streaming/bluray next month, and zen has almost exhausted the non-licensed DMD williams tables that don't have gambling in the ruleset. I suspect they'll announce a pack of zen original Star Wars tables for March...

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my guess is zen cant even do all the licenced tables TPA did until the already paid for rights expire. for example lets say the deal was TPA gets addams family for 8 years, that makes zen have to wait 8 years from the date of that deal. Or TPA must be compensated and agree to let their deal go. it doesnt matter if another company bought the layouts of the tables the properties are seperate. just because farsight cant sell it anymore doesnt mean the timed contracts they have are voided. Zen could very well be trying to pay farsight to let those go.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-26-2020 at 04:45 AM.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my guess is zen cant even do all the licenced tables TPA did until the already paid for rights expire. for example lets say the deal was TPA gets addams family for 8 years, that makes zen have to wait 8 years from the date of that deal. Or TPA must be compensated and agree to let their deal go. it doesnt matter if another company bought the layouts of the tables the properties are seperate. just because farsight cant sell it anymore doesnt mean the timed contracts they have are voided. Zen could very well be trying to pay farsight to let those go.
    I wonder how many of the secondary licenses Farsight got had/have a time limit in them (or renewal cost). Could be nearly all of them, or just the odd one; doesn't mean any are exclusive though. The only one we know for sure how long it was for is AC/DC since we know when it was released, and when it was pulled from sale.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I wonder how many of the secondary licenses Farsight got had/have a time limit in them (or renewal cost). Could be nearly all of them, or just the odd one; doesn't mean any are exclusive though. The only one we know for sure how long it was for is AC/DC since we know when it was released, and when it was pulled from sale.
    AC/DC being pulled was due to the Stern agreement with the AC/DC IP owners expiring, Farsight didn't have any license agreement with AC/DC. The only exclusive digital pinball rights license agreement that Farsight has is with Cassandra Peterson (Elvira).

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    The ACDC tables are a strange one, they are gone from steam, but you can still play them free with a token on Stern vr pinball on the oculus store, but you can't buy them to own, but you can still own the entire stern PBA collection including the ACDC tables via the retail discs on the xbox and PS4....i mean these licence are turning into daily tv soap operas. lol
    Steam: The Omega Man
    XBox: The Omega M4n

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast