Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
A posting on Pinball FX twitter account gives a release date of May/June for new tables.

Last edited:

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Is a deception that it will be only in may or june, but hey, at least they give head up on whats next compare to Farsight. Perhaps non dmd will get their custom dmd? A new license coming ? Cant wait to have more news!

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Isn’t May/June when you can start pre-ordering the Arcade1Up Virtual Pins??
We’re now hearing there will be three tables: “Attack From Mars” which will come with 10 Bally/Willams tables; “Star Wars” which will come with 10 Star Wars tables; and “Jurassic Park” which will come with 10 Universal tables. It could be their next release will be in conjunction with the Arcade1UP preorder.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We’re now hearing there will be three tables: “Attack From Mars” which will come with 10 Bally/Willams tables; “Star Wars” which will come with 10 Star Wars tables; and “Jurassic Park” which will come with 10 Universal tables. It could be their next release will be in conjunction with the Arcade1UP preorder.

Hmmmm, Jurassic Park (3 tables), Universal Pack (3 tables), and Monster Pack (2 tables). Wonder what the other 2 Universal tables would be then?

Same question goes for what 10 Star Wars tables are in? I’d guess original trilogy, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Masters of the Force, Starfighters, and Droids. That keeps all the same film era stuff together. Then when second machine comes out, the recent trilogy serves as anchor (assuming they do Rise if Skywalker) for all the secondary tables.

Actually thinking here for a moment, what are the odds Zen’s next Star Wars pack is Rise packaged with The Mandelorian? That’d bring them to an even 20 tables and they’ve done 2 table packs of Star Wars before.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018

Do you have an official link for this info? It was previously stated just a couple of weeks ago that the only pin that will be available for pre-order will be the Star Wars version.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Hmmmm, Jurassic Park (3 tables), Universal Pack (3 tables), and Monster Pack (2 tables). Wonder what the other 2 Universal tables would be then?

Same question goes for what 10 Star Wars tables are in? I’d guess original trilogy, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Masters of the Force, Starfighters, and Droids. That keeps all the same film era stuff together. Then when second machine comes out, the recent trilogy serves as anchor (assuming they do Rise if Skywalker) for all the secondary tables.

Actually thinking here for a moment, what are the odds Zen’s next Star Wars pack is Rise packaged with The Mandelorian? That’d bring them to an even 20 tables and they’ve done 2 table packs of Star Wars before.

I don't see them mixing Bally/Williams with Zen originals in a single virtual pin package like this. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see everything get pushed back at least a few months with everything that is going on with far east manufacturing.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
A posting on Pinball FX twitter account gives a release date of May/June for new tables.

I CERTAINLY hope that is not the case. I was hoping for March, would find April painful but still on the edge of acceptability, but May or June? No. That’s outrageous. And if the reason is because they are working on another project (again, like the whole Star Wars on Switch thing) well that’s even more annoying.

Also, sorry [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION], I still reject the notion that keeping their customers in the dark for momths on end is a great strategy. I would feel that way about ANY business, not just Zen and pinball. I think it’s imporant to stay engaged with your customers. Even little tiny hints.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I CERTAINLY hope that is not the case. I was hoping for March, would find April painful but still on the edge of acceptability, but May or June? No. That’s outrageous. And if the reason is because they are working on another project (again, like the whole Star Wars on Switch thing) well that’s even more annoying.

It's amazing Zen Studios is so out of touch that they don't realize they owe you these tables and should be releasing them on your schedule of acceptability. Outrageous indeed!

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Do you have an official link for this info? It was previously stated just a couple of weeks ago that the only pin that will be available for pre-order will be the Star Wars version.

How about this interview with the Arcade1Up CEO which was released on 02/27/2020?
He says “all three virtual pinball tables” will be released “by early 4th Quarter”. Other sources have mentioned preorders will start in late May / early June.

https://youtu.be/kbe-XoQKxBw

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And I saw a video the other day from a recent toy show in February where the 1up guy said they’ll announce what the 3rd machine will be themed on in 90 days.

Once you start partnering up with other vendors, everyone has to be aligned and in sync. Makes dropping hints and leaking info much dicier as those things can cause deals to fall apart.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
How about this interview with the Arcade1Up CEO which was released on 02/27/2020?
He says “all three virtual pinball tables” will be released “by early 4th Quarter”. Other sources have mentioned preorders will start in late May / early June.

https://youtu.be/kbe-XoQKxBw

That video has all the same info from as far back as CES. And nothing in that interview mentions a pre-order date for any of the pinball machines, which if we look at the current Arcade1Up model we may see pre-orders available in Aug/Sept. But still, the first machine that will be released is Star Wars.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
And I saw a video the other day from a recent toy show in February where the 1up guy said they’ll announce what the 3rd machine will be themed on in 90 days.

Once you start partnering up with other vendors, everyone has to be aligned and in sync. Makes dropping hints and leaking info much dicier as those things can cause deals to fall apart.

Well if we are getting a Universal themed pin, I'd guess there will be some new Zen originals using those properties in about 90 days.

pinfan7

Banned
May 19, 2019
Nah, this June there is the UEFA Euro 2020 and football is Europe's #1 sport so World Cup Soccer will definitely be in the pack of June; who knows maybe they will include NBA Fastbreak and do so a sport-themed 2-pack :p

In the 1% probability that it's not the case, then please ZEN JUST DO IT, I know you are reading this...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.