Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
okay switching up my prediction. this pack has taken so long to happen. and i know the virus had a part and i know they are focusing on many aspects of things like the next gen... yet still due to the long wait im starting to think maybe this will be a bigger then 3 non-dmd pack, like 5 or maybe even 6 tables. they know allot of us have collected all the peices and will quickly grind through 3 so they have to really up the amount of grinding. im thinking funhouse taxi whirlwind, plus mousin around and bad cats to get us to quiet down about the already been done

from disgracebook:
OP:
"Fingers crossed for a classic"

Pinball FX3"
"Well, well... I think we might serve it!"

That sounds like Diner, unless there is some 'classic' sports-themed game that uses the word /serve/ prominently. I can't imagine Diner and Taxi in the same offering since their strategies and objectives are so similar.
Diner may or may not be somewhat controversial - or altered - since some art and voices are comedically ethnic/regional. FTR, I'm fine with adjusting artwork and sound to meet newer cultural standards as long as the gameplay remains unchanged. The originals remain elsewhere on the planet. We are buying - or not buying, if that gives you more enjoyment - versions that are very slightly altered. I bet nobody is going to boycott Taxi with Lola rather than the long-gone Marilyn Monroe art.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
I just recently started to play TPA Diner and like it much more than I thought I would. I think my initial test dines were off-putting due to a poorly chosen camera angle that made some objectives cumbersome, specifically the skill shot/top rollover scheme that was hard to see. That happens sometimes in TPA, where the camera angle that is most satisfying for overall gameplay is not the same choice that makes the rollover lights visible. Class of 1812 comes to mind. I think Zen also has this problem for the first time that I can think of with CFTBL. The PARK rollover lights can be hard to sort out and control, and then are made completely impossible by the obfuscating floating coins in Shazam mode.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i dont think diner badly crosses any lines. i mean sure the indian guy, but they got the southerner guy too so it balances. they left the taxi driver in road show so thats a good reference of what they would do.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I think Zen also has this problem for the first time that I can think of with CFTBL. The PARK rollover lights can be hard to sort out and control, and then are made completely impossible by the obfuscating floating coins in Shazam mode.
At least Zen created a solution for this. When the ball is near the park rollovers, just press up on the right analog stick. The camera will zoom in to the rollovers.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
At least Zen created a solution for this. When the ball is near the park rollovers, just press up on the right analog stick. The camera will zoom in to the rollovers.

That is extremely helpful. Thank you. It felt weird to actually use the right stick for something, sort of like looking for the hazard lights in a car you've driven for 60,000 miles.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
What this man did in his personal life is abhorrent and I believe we shouldn't glorify or reward people that have abused children in any way whatsoever.

Should this list of tables that he helped create be removed from all physical locations and deleted from all digital forums? https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=John Trudeau

Or is it possible to...

https://psuvanguard.com/separating-art-from-artist/

On the other hand, with the continued rise of the "cancel culture" and "thought police," should we expect that we will soon be in a world fueled by rampant group think censorship and inhabited only by milquetoast?

Some interesting things to ponder... but I'd still like to see Zen eventually do Congo and Bride of Pinbot.

God damn, I really hope cancel culture doesn't seep it's ugly head in here.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
if thats really it and its just a 3 pack... well awesome for something new... and i do love dr dude and funhouse... but this seems like somewhat of a let down. all those months for 3 non-dmd tables. boo. thought we might actually get some licenced stuff

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just for future reference...

Williams Volume packs will always be unlicensed tables, or so I've been told.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Really excited for Space Station! Does Zen ever tweak settings on the Williams games from factory? I'm hoping they adjust the settings a bit, as Space Station is a bit too easy on default settings IMHO.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
The guy who posted said it was Space Station, not Space Shuttle, which means something unreleased by Farsight!!!

Oh your right!

And I was thinking they should have done Space Station instead of Dr Dude to complete that 'duo'.

I'd actually prefer Space Shuttle to Station since I think the slings leading to the flippers ruins that table. But all the same will be nice for something new and give it a fair shake before passing final judgement.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I am super pumped if the Space Station rumor turns out to be true. I was always ho-hum on this table, at least compared to Space Shuttle with its beautiful toy. But there is SO MUCH MORE to do with Space Station and some originality in the multiball. I think back in the day, I must have played a shoddy version of Space Station with bad flippers because I appreciate it more nowadays. A lot of that goes to the great VPX and especially the VPX VR version that really shows how VR can add to the experience.

Still VPX doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Zen Williams series so I'm looking forward to checking it out, probably more than the other two because we are finally seeing a non-TPA game, so a new game on other platforms!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.