Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, XBone, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is it coming out? I need some new tables stat!
    T2 backer - $400+ tier
    Main: NZXT H2 | Seasonic X-760 Gold | ASUS Maximus V Gene | i7 3770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury PC1866MHz DDR3 | ASUS GTX1070 8GB Strix | Windows 10 Pro 64
    PS4 Pro, Xbox One, iPad Air 2018, Sony Xperia XZ2

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch, Steam, PSVita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Wii.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, canít believe how long it feels since we had new tables to play. This wait is excruciating. Really hope I enjoy the tables when they come after all this anticipation, lol!

Let's play pinball together:
    Platform of choice - Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3127 6508 1219
    Also on - Steam: LroyST / PSN: Count-Fosco / 3DS: 0361 9527 6404

My Devices
    Xbox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warh0g View Post
    When is it coming out? I need some new tables stat!
    Soon.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pack 6 Announced on 8/1. Itís 9/10 and no release date. Something is just weird there. Isnít this exactly why Zen says they hold announcements back so they donít do this?

On another note. 10/9/18 was the release date of Williams pack 1. Weíre less than 30 days away from the 2 year anniversary. Anyone remember what the timing on those Farsight deals with scientific games were? 2 years? I think it was number of titles based too. Think contract negotiations / renegotiations could be a reason for the delays? Nothing on that AFM 1up machine since January too. Hmmmmm

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh jeez lol... could you imagine zen losing williams/farsight and a 3rd friggin company starting over again... ahhhhhhhhh calgone take me away

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oo this is a great line of conjecture - maybe Farsight will get the license back!

My Devices
    Xbox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Pack 6 Announced on 8/1. It’s 9/10 and no release date. Something is just weird there.
    Very weird, indeed. When I first heard the rumours about the problems with the alphanumeric displays I knew that something was fishy. Don't all 90's Williams machines use variations of the same WPC MPU to control the displays? The DMDs work by forming graphics with energized dots, the alphanumeric displays work by forming text with energized segments. Same controller, almost same concept, only a lot simpler with the alphanumerics. None of this makes any sense.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty certain it is all a grand conspiracy and has nothing to do with restricted access to resources and labor due to a pandemic.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Williams license isnít going anywhere, letís just shut that down right now. Iím privy to info I canít share, but that I can say without fear of legal reprisal.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Iím certainly not feeling hyped anymore. Far too long now since Volume 5 was released. Whatever is causing this delay with new tables being released, I think Zen could have done a far better job at conveying that to their customers.

If itís a coding/development problem tell us that. If itís because they have/are taking a strategically decided break from doing any more table packs to focus on something else full-time, such as these Arcade1up cabs or to develop PBFX3/4 for the new Microsoft/Sony console instead, tell us that in plain language.

I think now, Iíd just prefer 1 new table a month or however long it takes (6 weeks I think was once the aim?) rather than such spread out table packs.

I definitely can do without anymore trailers or teasers revealing a release date for Volume 6. As far as that Ďcoming sooní pack goes, I just want Zen to tell us on the day it is up for purchase and Ďout nowí.

I actually wish there were another company putting out real-life digital pinball recreations - perhaps the Stern back catalogue inclusive of Sega and Data East for example. With FarSight seemingly departed and MagicPixel not updating the Switch with any additional tables or acquiring any other licences, from my little inconsequential side of the fence, Zen have actually got a monopoly which they need to expand their staff then to maximise.

Iím boring myself, rant over.

Last edited by Lroy; 09-10-2020 at 01:55 PM.

My Devices
    xbox1s , laptop
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen hasn`t set a date yet , when they do it`ll be out about 2 weeks later . all they`ve said so far is , coming soon !!! i`ve got my pre order date for the xbox console 22nd september and now just waiting for sony pre order date , i`m patient . should be great last 4 months to 2020 . i`ve pre ordered Dirt 5 which i think is going to be a cracker alongside Valhalla and Watchdog Legion .

My Devices
    Switch, WiiU
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the longer we have to wait for this pack (which for many is 'meh') anyway, the longer it is going to take for future stuff to come out.

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! Thanks Obama.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    The Williams license isn’t going anywhere, let’s just shut that down right now. I’m privy to info I can’t share, but that I can say without fear of legal reprisal.
    That's easy for you to say, you must be sitting on like 5 or 6 sets of Beta tables, just dying to tell us "No really, this Goin' Nuts table is incredible!".

My Devices
    xbox1s , laptop
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    That's easy for you to say, you must be sitting on like 5 or 6 sets of Beta tables, just dying to tell us "No really, this Goin' Nuts table is incredible!".
    you don`t need to be a bloody galah , shutyertrap was just letting people know Zen`s William`s license isn`t going anywhere .

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Do Chris and other folk in the Zen inner circle still have access to the unreleased tables - beta releases or whatever they are called? Essentially meaning they have been playing the new tables since back in March and still have them to play now? Or is it a timed trial thing where they had them for like a week or two but then Zen remove their access to them?

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Zen could have done a far better job at conveying that to their customers.
    Unfortunately Zen is THE WORST commmunicator of any company I have bought games from. It’s really abysmal. They have these social media employees who don’t engage and keep people in the dark. It’s crazy. And it’s annoying. Especially when people complain, and they don’t ever change...well not for the better. They certainly change for the worse though!

I don’t get it. Maybe someone at Zen can explain it to me someday because you would think they would be a little more attentive to the people that keep the lights on and the paychecks paid. In other words..don't ignore the hand that feeds you. Just be upfront with people. It’s not hard. And not doing so only causes frustration and gets people angry. And it’s never a good idea to get your customers angry. NEVER.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me waiting for the new tables...

My Devices
    iPad mini 5, iPad mini 4, iPhone SE (2020), PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrolson View Post
    Well, at least the scenery is nice.

My Devices
    PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. Oh man did this take off. It is fun to speculate. Think about these little nuggets.

• There were 13 Bally/Wiliams tables released in year/season one
    • There are 5 tables so far for year 2 and if Vol 6 doesn't launch in the next 30ish days that will be the total.
    • There hasn't been a Zen original table released in 2 years (Solo - September 2018).
    • Pinball FX2 launched on 10/27/10, it will be 10 years old next month.
    • Marvel Pinball started in December 2010 and the last title (Women of Power) was released in 2016
    • There hasn't been a Marvel table developed for it's initial release on FX3, and yet it's the likely first 1up table collection.
    • Gladiators was released on TPA in December 2016, after the Women of Power FX2 pack, which means the Toyshock pinball that includes it actually has more recently released tables than the upcoming Marvel one.

My Devices
    PS3 (TPA) PS4 (TPA, SPA, ZP2, FX3, ZP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methinks Zen may have spread themselves too thin. Too many platforms, now expanding into physical ones as well. Same issue Farsight had. These aren't AAA studios.
    It's all good.

My Devices
    PC, Cabinet, Mac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4life View Post
    Methinks Zen may have spread themselves too thin. Too many platforms, now expanding into physical ones as well. Same issue Farsight had. These aren't AAA studios.
    I know Shutyertrap tried to console us that Zen has plenty of employees and individual teams devoted to specific projects, but I also have had GameAddict's suspicion for six months or so. The moaning on facebook is laughable to me. Which do people want? As many new tables as possible delivered as soon as the company can manage, or endless retreads of the same games to accommodate an ever-expanding range of consoles, portables, and VR.

This happens all the time. The best Italian buffet in town now is obsessing over their stupid taco bar and frozen appetizers from Costco. For god's sake, would you /please/ just pull that pizza out of the oven and put it on the counter. I personally only am interested in the best and most expansive PC/Cabinet gaming experience possible, and don't even want to hear about all the new dipping sauces for the soggy spanakopita.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing i hate the most in a RPG is grinding.

My Devices
    Xbox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am slightly optimistic that Zen will finally give us a release date this week. They did the same for Castlestorm last week. Also, yesterday, someone commented on their Facebook page that "we waited way too long for more Williams tables" and Zen answered with a hands-raised in celebration and a happy face emoji. One will cling to anything these days but hey, that has to mean something, doesn't it?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast