Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next Steam release build was posted 6 days ago... so maybe we'll see this as early as this weekend? I'm looking forward to this pack.

https://steamdb.info/app/442120/depots/

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    The guy who posted said it was Space Station, not Space Shuttle, which means something unreleased by Farsight!!!
    Oh your right!

And I was thinking they should have done Space Station instead of Dr Dude to complete that 'duo'.

I'd actually prefer Space Shuttle to Station since I think the slings leading to the flippers ruins that table. But all the same will be nice for something new and give it a fair shake before passing final judgement.
    Last edited by Crawley; 07-29-2020 at 10:51 AM.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    The next Steam release build was posted 6 days ago... so maybe we'll see this as early as this weekend? I'm looking forward to this pack.

https://steamdb.info/app/442120/depots/
    So Williams volume 6 has been in beta since 18th March?

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is Dr. Dude, I hope the presentation is as improved as Party Zone. I never got into Dr. Dude on TPA.

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am super pumped if the Space Station rumor turns out to be true. I was always ho-hum on this table, at least compared to Space Shuttle with its beautiful toy. But there is SO MUCH MORE to do with Space Station and some originality in the multiball. I think back in the day, I must have played a shoddy version of Space Station with bad flippers because I appreciate it more nowadays. A lot of that goes to the great VPX and especially the VPX VR version that really shows how VR can add to the experience.

Still VPX doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Zen Williams series so I'm looking forward to checking it out, probably more than the other two because we are finally seeing a non-TPA game, so a new game on other platforms!

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm excited for "Funhouse" ... It's one of my "fav" tables!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    So Williams volume 6 has been in beta since 18th March?
    "beta" in that certain folks had access to the upcoming pack since then. Not sure how much feedback is actually taken by Zen in the form of traditional beta testing from the preview releases.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Just for future reference...

Williams Volume packs will always be unlicensed tables, or so I've been told.
    Really? Do you mean just the packs themselves and that we could still get individual tables that were licensed? Or no licensed tables of any sort ever?

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means they may have licensed tables but will be part of their own unique label, like the Universal Monsters pack. So we could see other licensed tables appearing within their own groupings.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superballs View Post
    Is it really that bad? Or just the price?
    I don't mind the actual game, is it a bad conversion?
    It's nothing special and the platform is basically abandoned.

I personally believe their licence for Stern is lapsed so buyer beware based on what happened last time when they lost a licence.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    PC, iOS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    It's nothing special and the platform is basically abandoned.

I personally believe their licence for Stern is lapsed so buyer beware based on what happened last time when they lost a licence.
    True, and I couldn稚 be more happy that Zen were there to pick up the WMS license when they did.

My Devices
    ps3 ps4 ipad
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets all suck the same duck again. yay.
    I couldn't juggle two silk scarves, even if you pointed a gun to my head. I can however, keep four silver orbs on an inclined plane for an uncanny amount of time.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after seeing no support for Linux and particulary not in the slightest (as with simple Proton that makes more than eleven thousand Steam games (almost) perfectly playable https://www.protondb.com) despite having all the code for Linux-Android already, I decided to not care again about anyhing pinball related from Zen and instead am focusing on alternatives.
    Last edited by pinfan7; 07-30-2020 at 07:03 AM.

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    Well, after seeing no support for Linux and particulary not in the slightest (as with simple Proton that makes more than eleven thousand Steam games (almost) perfectly playable https://www.protondb.com) despite having all the code for Linux-Android already, I decided to not care again about anyhing pinball related from Zen and instead am focusing on alternatives.
    "Almost" is the problem here. Almost means increased support cases.
    I wouldn't consider Linux as a gaming platform so I can understand why they aren't dedicating resources to this.
    If they even hint at supporting Linux through whatever technique, where does the support begin and end with all the idiosyncracies between distros?
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    "Almost" is the problem here. Almost means increased support cases.
    I wouldn't consider Linux as a gaming platform so I can understand why they aren't dedicating resources to this.
    If they even hint at supporting Linux through whatever technique, where does the support begin and end with all the idiosyncracies between distros?
    "Almost" means 99% problem-free regarding the core gameplay experience with 1% various quirks of minor importance, if it is done natively it runs flawless. Linux is a perfectly viable gaming platform nowadays with Steam (Valve having done a tremendous work in the last years with Proton (which is Steam Play) and not only) and Lutris (with which you can play Blizzard games flawless), and lots of devs supporting it as it is proven by the number of Steam games supported (>11.000) and educational videos sprawling around in youtube praising Linux gaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_-...&pbjreload=101. , and with Linux distros supporting gaming out of the box in mind, with 1-click-install including Steam, codecs and device drivers done in a couple of minutes (vs. "half an hour" with W10), like Pop! OS, Manjaro, Mint et al. Fun fact is that older DirectX games run better on Linux than on Windows 10, which is... an accomplishment by M$ to say the least, or Linux's... depends from which side you are looking at it. With Steam Play there are no idiosyncracies at all, you have Steam installed, you click 'play' and the games run fine as one is used to.

With respect, apart from not considering Linux as a gaming platform many -and that is the problem- including Zen consider also that Microsoft does not use telemetry with Windows 10 that spies on you 24/7 and which can't be disabled, that even government agencies can't tell for sure what exactly is being transmitted, that it wasn't silently backported to Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 as well, that Microsoft became a monopoly by fair means and not by stealing someone's OS (CP/M), not by threatening OEMs to include IE, not by mafia tactics (death threats) against officials of Netscape, not sabotaging other browsers and other "office" applications with ActiveX etc, not breaching contracts like Java, OS/2 and all things "Embrace, extend, extinguish" and not being multiple times convicted with fines worth billions for monopoly and predatory tactics.

So the above -comically tragic affecting Zen employees and bosses as developers/users/gamers as well- , in other words Zen's arrogant & ignorant refusal of protecting my (and their) hobby from known spyware (not to mention being forced to cope up with the added bloat/mess on top of the previous with every "new" Windows NT iteration (kernel, registry, disk space & memory consumption, UWP apps, forced updates & reboots plagued with all kind of problems) and practically the stagnation of the desktop environment for over 20 years), despite having all the tools already -Steam, Proton, OpenGL, Vulkan (which is faster and better coded than DX12), some of them already used for their Linux-Android ports, as well as the fact that lesser studios with lesser manpower and lesser funds, as well as competitors like Zaccaria, Pro Pinball Ultra, Pinball Wicked, partially Pinball Arcade, support Linux natively already (and in the worst case scenario through Proton), and hearing as an excuse after all of those that "the user base is too small" when in fact you are the one responsible for this viscious circle, backed up by ignorant cheerleaders behaving like the PC is another "closed system", a console, systems that Zen loves as it is proven by their logic of the lowest common denominator (uniform UI, non-customizability for the PC, idiotic reason to not have Steam cards as the top of the cream), Xbox, PS4, Switch, Arcade1UP, otherwise called "consolitis", all those made me lose every respect about Zen as a company, despite admiring Peter's pinball physics. Maybe Stadia -which is running on Debian Linux with Vulkan, not DirectX- and could be the next-gen thing Mel was talking about will force Zen change its narrow mind, who knows, until then, farewell.

I'd suggest you all give the M$-OS a second thought though after reading a bit about its disgraceful history, it's worth ditching it alone for the new exciting things you can learn with Linux and being part of a community.
    Last edited by pinfan7; 08-01-2020 at 12:44 AM.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. The new stuff is getting announced tomorrow? Cant wait to see whats coming with digital pinball in general with Zen!

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In about 11 hours from now.

11:30 AM PDT/2:30 PM EDT is the scheduled session for Zen Studios, and Arcade1UP following shortly after.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be up in 30 min for Zen!

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Should be up in 30 min for Zen!
    I’m excited!

My Devices
    Amstrad CPC 464, PC.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do we think double pack will drop?.....sure has to be after all this time?

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    In about 11 hours from now.

11:30 AM PDT/2:30 PM EDT is the scheduled session for Zen Studios, and Arcade1UP following shortly after.
    what platform is the session? twitch? YouTube? can't find it

My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    what platform is the session? twitch? YouTube? can't find it
    Twitch.. search for CAExtreme

My Devices
    xbox360, xbox one, PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funhouse
    Dr.Dude
    Space Station

in volume 6.

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they announce a release date? I put it on for a little bit, but there was no picture. I would love to see a trailer.

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast