Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
With the announcement for Volume 5, what do you think will be in Volume 6??? Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit and Jack*Bot all have gambling aspect tied to them so kind of wonder if they will bring those tables out with the current ERSB rating for consoles. So my guess will be non-licensed tables like:

Funhouse
Whirlwind
Eight Ball Deluxe

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'll guess a Williams unlicensed pre-DMD SS 3-pack of Funhouse as the anchor, Taxi as the secondary and Swords of Fury as the wildcard.

Because why not. There are so many variables at this point, now that we've had mixed Williams/Bally packs and double anchor packs, not to mention the uncertainty of how they'll address submitting Cactus Canyon, Who Dunnit? and Jack*Bot for console ratings.

Keep in kind that the next release might not even be Vol. 6, it could be a one-off licensed DMD. But we do know now from Vol. 4, the Universal Monsters Halloween 2-pack and now Vol. 5 that the volume pack naming convention is for unlicensed 3-packs, as most people expected. So whenever Vol. 6 does come out, it should be either the last 3 unlicensed DMDs and 3 unlicensed pre-DMDs.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
don`t give a hoot about 2 tables , just as long as TAXI is the other one , THANK YOU ZEN !!!!:cool:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I think it’s highly likely that Zen will release something that hasn’t yet been recreated in digital pinball form :p

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I think it’s highly likely that Zen will release something that hasn’t yet been recreated in digital pinball form :p

Let's hope so, because after 5-and-a-half packs I'm REALLY looking forward to a new table instead of something that's already been done in TPA.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Bad Cats. The prophecy will be fulfilled by Zen Studios.

Meow-Meow-Meow-Meow

It's funny because I don't see Bad Cats at any of the Pinburgh banks for the past 5 years. According to PAPA: "Features easily repeatable strategies that can be exploited by higher caliber players. Mid to Casual."

By mentioning Bad Cats, you delayed its release by 3 months.

OP: No clue what Zen will do, given problems with the ESRB and PEGI with Jack*Bot and WHO dunnit. Cactus Canyon itself is a rarity. We might start seeing alphanumerics. If this is the case, then who knows where Zen will take this.

Last edited:

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
My guess is that we'll see more DMD tables. Maybe we'll see some stuff not previously released in TPA (say, Indiana Jones, Congo, The Shadow). In actuality, I'm looking forward to *any* table (or collection/pack) that Zen releases. Licensed, un-licensed, DMD, alphanumeric, whatever. Bring 'em on!

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017

Let's hope so, because after 5-and-a-half packs I'm REALLY looking forward to a new table instead of something that's already been done in TPA.

I'll be happy if one of the tables in the pack is like that.

My guess is that we'll see more DMD tables. Maybe we'll see some stuff not previously released in TPA (say, Indiana Jones, Congo, The Shadow). In actuality, I'm looking forward to *any* table (or collection/pack) that Zen releases. Licensed, un-licensed, DMD, alphanumeric, whatever. Bring 'em on!

This, Zen. The people want something new-to-digital to ring in the new year.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Honestly I'd love to see Zen do a couple tables like Funhouse, Earthshaker, Taxi with a new DMD mode in the Enhanced display mode with the sim physics..They have so much experience creating new dmd's for their other pinball tables, I think it would be great to see what they could do to enhance the alpha display tables. Purests could still just see the alpha display if they turn off the enhanced toys, but everyone else could enjoy a much more modern look while keeping authentic game play in enhanced mode.
Well one can dream.. :)

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Hope to be proven wrong, but I'm not confident a Williams Volume 6 will be out anytime soon. My guess is the next pack Zen releases will be original tables to tie in with Rise of Skywalker, then they'll announce a Stern Partnership and make tables off those instead with the odd Williams licenced release.

I just can't help but feel if they really wanted to do alphanumerics there would have been a testing of the waters by now at least.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
They did say in one of the Blahcade interviews around Vol. 3 or 4 that they plan to do alphanumerics. The recent feet dragging aside, I don't see any reason as of yet not to trust them. They may not be within the next few FX 3 releases, but I do still believe they're coming at some point in 2020. Hopefully more than just the absolute biggest name ones that TPA already did (though the big name ones definitely need upgrading as well).

That said, a Stern partnership would be cool too. There are plenty of good Stern tables that FarSight never got to in spite of having made an entire separate game for them. I wouldn't mind a period of Stern and licensed Williams DMD releases, especially if we got some new-to-digital stuff (ideally from both companies).

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Hope to be proven wrong, but I'm not confident a Williams Volume 6 will be out anytime soon. My guess is the next pack Zen releases will be original tables to tie in with Rise of Skywalker, then they'll announce a Stern Partnership and make tables off those instead with the odd Williams licenced release.

I just can't help but feel if they really wanted to do alphanumerics there would have been a testing of the waters by now at least.

Except Zen plainly laid out their future WMS plans over a year ago and so far everything released has been just as stated (Unlicensed DMD with a couple Licensed DMD). They have also indicated that they can do ANY table they want that is within the WMS license agreement. Stern and Zen is pure speculation, but I think Zen has a better chance of releasing modern Stern tables than Farsight currently does. Regarding original tables, they had a pack ready to go, but the Epic Games deal seems to have influenced the release date, and who knows if we will see it before Pinball FX 4 is released (and not available on Steam). Speaking of the next iteration, I'd guess the much asked for physics across the board update (with leaderboard reset) will probably not happen until the new version is released. But who knows.

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
They did say in one of the Blahcade interviews around Vol. 3 or 4 that they plan to do alphanumerics. The recent feet dragging aside, I don't see any reason as of yet not to trust them. They may not be within the next few FX 3 releases, but I do still believe they're coming at some point in 2020. Hopefully more than just the absolute biggest name ones that TPA already did (though the big name ones definitely need upgrading as well).

That said, a Stern partnership would be cool too. There are plenty of good Stern tables that FarSight never got to in spite of having made an entire separate game for them. I wouldn't mind a period of Stern and licensed Williams DMD releases, especially if we got some new-to-digital stuff (ideally from both companies).

I believe Zen said that they could and would like to do alphanumerics. Some tables seem like a sure-thing when looking at popularity and business, but how well they translate over to the whole Zen presentation requirements may be an issue.

The separate Stern game was a contracted deal (as was the VR app). What was done was what was contracted, except for the last two that eventually got released in regular TPA by Farsight.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Sometime im just thinking they might release non-DmD tables soon, but because they love DMD, they could ´Zen’ a DMD in them. Sure the original non-dmd screen could be in, i dont see why they should stop at that and just make some DMD for them. They dont have any restriction for making WMS tables specials with their Zen effect, why not custom made DMD for those who dont have them.

So which one i wish? I think its time we get something we havent seen in TPA, like anything really.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
The alphanumeric era is probably my favorite. I'm crazy about those tables. Sure hope we start seeing them in 2020.

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
Sometime im just thinking they might release non-DmD tables soon, but because they love DMD, they could ´Zen’ a DMD in them. Sure the original non-dmd screen could be in, i dont see why they should stop at that and just make some DMD for them. They dont have any restriction for making WMS tables specials with their Zen effect, why not custom made DMD for those who dont have them.

I've been wondering the same thing, regarding alpha-numeric tables. Maybe Zen is working on custom DMD animations for tables like Funhouse, EarthShaker, Taxi, Diner, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind, Bride of Pinbot, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.