Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Finally a date, only 18 days to go! :)
Which table will you try first? I am probably starting with Funhouse, can't wait for Rudy to insult me! :p

wolfson

May 24, 2013
nice , just at the right time , 3 weeks later my PS5 , XBOX X and XBOX S will be arriving , great couple of months for me , can see the kids at Tweed Heads and Melbourne going great guns , might be able to my Melbourne bunch by Xmas, plus the new consoles and Dirt 5 , my end of year 2020 is looking bloody great !!!!:cool:

Canned Tuna

Jun 18, 2020
Keep in mind, that many European countries don't celebrate Halloween. Hungary being one of them. Zen is aware of the holiday, but they don't really care for it much and won't go out of their way for it.

In the last five years things have changed a lot (at least in central/western Europe). Halloween has become increasingly popular and so has trick or treating. I was really hoping for an Elvira pack earlier this year, when Zen posted some Scared Stiff reference on their Facebook page (don't exactly remember what it was).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
In the last five years things have changed a lot (at least in central/western Europe). Halloween has become increasingly popular and so has trick or treating. I was really hoping for an Elvira pack earlier this year, when Zen posted some Scared Stiff reference on their Facebook page (don't exactly remember what it was).

I believe it was the vote for your favorite pinball parts thing (Scared Stiff won for flippers)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
nice , just at the right time , 3 weeks later my PS5 , XBOX X and XBOX S will be arriving , great couple of months for me , can see the kids at Tweed Heads and Melbourne going great guns , might be able to my Melbourne bunch by Xmas, plus the new consoles and Dirt 5 , my end of year 2020 is looking bloody great !!!!:cool:
Yep it's looking like a strong finish to 2020 for some of us.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Same in Australia. Maybe not this year though.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Keep in mind, that many European countries don't celebrate Halloween. Zen is aware of the holiday, but they don't really care for it much and won't go out of their way for it.

Yeah...I am sure that’s it. 🙄

Meanwhile in reality land:

“Halloween is a big deal here at Zen Studios! Scary movies, bountiful piles of candy, crazy drink concoctions, and we can’t leave out the costumes – what could possibly be better than that? How about some Halloween themed pinball action! Fight off vampires and defeat Deacon Frost in Blade, take a ride through hell with Ghost Rider, and solve supernatural mysteries in Paranormal.” https://www.pinballfx.com/?p=2349

“WE LOVE HALLOWEEN! AND WE LOVE PINBALL!”
https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4936

“Zen Studios are bringing classic Universal Monsters to Williams Pinball just in time for Halloween, with two new DLC packs: Monster Bash, and Creatures of the Black Lagoon.”
https://www.godisageek.com/2019/10/...rs-to-williams-pinball-in-time-for-halloween/

Yeah they really hate Halloween. Totally.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Yeah they really hate Halloween. Totally.
I never said that they "hate" it. The country Hungary doesn't celebrate it. It should also be noted that their is a US branch of Zen that does the marketing. No surprise that the posts you linked say they like Halloween, but it's the Hungary branch that does the development.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I never said that they "hate" it. The country Hungary doesn't celebrate it. It should also be noted that their is a US branch of Zen that does the marketing. No surprise that the posts you linked say they like Halloween, but it's the Hungary branch that does the development.

You said they don’t really care for it, and don’t go out of their way for it. I don’t know what you are basing your opinion on, since you have provided nothing, but evidence and past releases would indicate otherwise.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
You said they don’t really care for it, and don’t go out of their way for it. I don’t know what you are basing your opinion on, since you have provided nothing, but evidence and past releases would indicate otherwise.

I'm basing it on past history. I've been buying Zen's tables since 2010 on PS3 and there were only been a couple times they released a horror theme that coincide with Halloween.

Paranormal - Was the first time they released a horror theme near Halloween on 10/22/2010.
Blade (part of Marvel Pinball) - 12/14/2010
Sorcerer's Lair - 6/2/2011
Ghost Rider (part of Vengeance and Virtue) - 12/13/2011
Fear Itself (part of Avengers Chronicles) - 6/18/2012
Plants vs Zombies table - 9/4/2012
The Walking Dead table - 8/26/2014
Aliens (3 pack) - 4/26/2016
Doom table (part of Bethesda Pinball) - 12/06/2016

This info is coming directly from my PSN transaction history from 2010-2017. I always bought the tables on release day. I've listed every title that had at least a hint of horror to them. Only once during that time, had they released a table out near Halloween.

A quick google search notes that Nightmare Mansion originally released out 1/16/2008, while Buccaneer released right on Halloween 10/31/2007 (after several delays) on the original Pinball FX on Xbox 360.

OK so two tables in past besides the Williams Universal Monsters pack. My point is don't get your hopes having a yearly Halloween table release. You will be sorely disappointed like I have been for nearly 7 years in the past. At best, we would get a Halloween tournament, so they at least acknowledged the holiday.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but there was an update out for the PS4 that adds the new table pack with "COMING SOON" on the table icons.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
On iOS. I’ve got tables, I’ve got parts, but I unfortunately also have scratchy audio on the main menu which I never had before. ☹️

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On iOS. I’ve got tables, I’ve got parts, but I unfortunately also have scratchy audio on the main menu which I never had before. ☹️

Audio is fine on my phone.

I’ll point out to people that paying the purple coin in the challenge rewards WILL get you another table part. That’s for the limited time event, not the standard challenges.

Members online

Members online