Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we'll get more than just a 3 table pack. Tch.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen just want to release Vol 6 on the 1-year anniversary of Vol 5, you guys, it's obvious!

Frankly, I'm done giving Zen any more of my money and regret I invested so much in FX3.

Their FX3 client still has bad / useless camera angles, despite having so many, they still haven't unified physics across all WMS tables, the ROM sounds on the last few releases have been very quiet and no fixing, even though they said they were aware of that and working on it almost a year ago. Their engine still has dull, flat lighting and their tables still look nothing like the lightshow that a real pin is. It's amazing that you work on much newer tech and end up with something that looks worse than TPA DX11, which just has two simple lighting sliders.

To top it all off, Vol 6 will have exactly 1 table I can't play in TPA, and frankly, I've had so much fun playing Funhouse in TPA since the Vol 6 announcement, I can't bring myself to spend any more money on Zen's stuff, only to have to spend the next 10 months frustrated that nothing new is coming out, again. Optimism and a refutation of this sort of attitude in the face of the current situation and the dead silence from Zen is pointless, I think.

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch, Steam, PSVita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, Wii.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, annual table packs for the next 10 years! That痴 the much touted but clandestine grand strategy unveiled for all to see, lol!

I知 not sour on Zen and PBFX3 despite personal disappointment that the releases have dried up so dramatically but can稚 deny my my enthusiasm for Volume 6 has dropped off a cliff due to the manner in which this release has been communicated to us average punters.

We池e all allowed to have an opinion and I feel Zen痴 pinball dept. could massively improve upon their communication and general interaction with their audience. We may be a small niche market but there痴 a lot of passion in the pinball and digital hobby. A smarter man than me could no doubt suggest a multitude of ways in which this aspect of Zen痴 business could be harnessed for the better.

Until something changes this deafening and deflating silence is all there is.

Let's play pinball together:
    Platform of choice - Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3127 6508 1219
    Also on - Steam: LroyST / PSN: Count-Fosco / 3DS: 0361 9527 6404

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no insider knowledge whatsoever, but my opinion is that they are absorbed with the work required with "Arcade1Up" for the physical one-third size cabinets.
    Three have been announced: "Williams", "Star Wars", and "Marvel" -- each of which will contain around 10 Zen tables; but none of these have appeared for pre-order yet, and we are now in the Holiday sales period for wholesalers.

I'm sure the Pandemic slowed the efforts here, but they are probably months behind schedule on this Project. They're probably being slammed by the "Arcade1Up" guys on a daily basis at this point.

At this point, I don't really expect Volume 6 to street until we see preorders available for at least one of the announced Arcade1Up cabinets.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

Yes, I agree with what you hypothesise. Sucks for any Zen pinball customer other than North Americans with $600 plus of disposable income and able to pre-order.

I hope these Arcade1up cabs prove to be a decent product and are a success in order that we might get some in the UK and other parts of the world.

But still find the long delay thoroughly demotivating in regards Volume 6. I壇 actually be more excited now to hear what other tables Zen have planned for release in 2021 regardless of how many months away that might be.

Volume 6 - coming 壮oon and *crickets* has just left a very sour taste.

Ha! Ha! I need to stop wasting my time looking forward to new Zen pinball dlc it just puts me in a bad mood these days. Total opposite of what it used to be when Zen first got the Williams/Bally licence.

My Devices
    xbox1s , laptop
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you guys are so impatient , the world is going through a pandemic , a lot places are still closed , in my case i can`t see my son and his family who live in Melbourne , who under lockdown again , 80% of the workers at the airport where my son works have been stood down , QANTAS is going to sack about 8,5000 workers . get bloody real you guys , where do you live in a fantasy world ? we`ve all got plenty of tables to play with in the meantime . sometimes i think you guys remind me of a heroin addict looking for another hit . have a great day

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because you happen to live in Australia, which has one of the worst, most panicky and most badly mismanaged responses to the virus does not mean that the rest of the world is like that. I live in Europe and most everything has been open and business as usual for months now, and there is no real surge in new cases.

There may be a lot of excused about what's going on right now (none of which have been communicated to the fans, though), but I'm willing to bet the virus is pretty low on that list, especially for the last 3-4 months and for a studio based in Europe.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

I posted my own musings and speculation - essentially from a position of being a huge fan of digital pinball and looking forward to more tables after nearly 12 months. Also this forum is so quiet nowadays, I thought I壇 contribute a post instead of my usual lurk only mode. Moreover, I read or infrequently post on social media such as here in no small part to distract myself from thinking about real world problems such as being made unemployed myself during this pandemic.

But thanks for giving me another timely reminder of why I should not bother with such trivial follies as social media. Too much hassle seemingly to just innocently share opinions without someone taking it the wrong way or misunderstanding one痴 intentions.

Got rid of FB and Twitter years ago and had binned off forums and such like before finding myself drawn here. As an ageing curmudgeon I should know myself better by now. Back to silence I merrily go

Last edited by Lroy; 09-18-2020 at 01:52 AM.

My Devices
    PS4, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking the delays are probably due to strategies that involve the upcoming new Sony and Microsoft game console launches and possibly even the iPhone 12/iOS 14 software release. What that might involve is anyone's guess, unless they are privy to this information.

These developments are largely unpredictable and completely out of Zen Studio's immediate control, although extremely important to their operation.

It seems like the new pinball collection is ready to go, at least for PC and probably for other current devices; however, with only a few weeks before some major gaming platform launches that have an enormous impact on Zen's business model, they are now in a holding pattern with regards to any release.

Just my worthless opinion brought about from my over-eager anticipation.

My Devices
    PS3 (TPA) PS4 (TPA, SPA, ZP2, FX3, ZP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I don't think the new consoles are holding back Zen. With the news that Sony's biggest "next gen" titles are coming to PS4 and Microsoft doing a similar thing it appears that the consoles are adopting the PC approach of scalability. So FX3 can behave the same as it does on PC. One version of the game that scales depending on the platform you're on. No longer is it an either or question, the same games will exist across different consoles just at varying levels of graphical fidelity and performance.

Good thing too because I'm still rocking a 1080p tv with a 5.1 optical surround sound receiver. If I got a PS5 or a Xbox Series S/X I'd only get digital stereo and wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 4K options. So I think the sound would actually be worse with a little sharper picture. Also 4K is just silly because the internet isn't fast enough where I live to stream anything in 4K and there's no over the air 4K yet either. Maybe when that space internet becomes available and sports are being broadcast over the air in 4K it will be time to upgrade to a 4K tv.

I look at the new consoles as keeping up with audio and video equipment standards. As far as games go they don't really offer much that you can't get now. This is also the first time that the new consoles are based on the same x86 architecture of the old ones. Thus the scalability.
    It's all good.

My Devices
    PS4, iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe the delay is technical as much as it is strategical in a marketing sense. PC sales set a low benchmark and don't necessarily dictate too much with regards to a global, cross-platform software release. If the next update comes with new physics for all of the tables, or just balanced physics that is the same for every Williams table, that would be more than enough to thrill me.

I find myself pausing over the purchase button for a Stern Star Trek Premium vault edition every other day. I'd definitely have to get the colorDMD for it. Then I think maybe a newer table might be better, like Avengers. I really need some new virtual tables before I do something that lives up to my username.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I wonder is, doesn't Zen have some sort of contractual obligation to produce and release X tables per year, to hold on to their license?

What is going on right now can be considered 'force majeure' to an extent, but they're racing towards a full calendar year without a single new Williams product.

My Devices
    PS3 (TPA) PS4 (TPA, SPA, ZP2, FX3, ZP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curratum View Post
    What I wonder is, doesn't Zen have some sort of contractual obligation to produce and release X tables per year, to hold on to their license?

What is going on right now can be considered 'force majeure' to an extent, but they're racing towards a full calendar year without a single new Williams product.
    I would think the contract would be for a period of time and profit goals rather than a set number of tables.
    It's all good.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfson View Post
    you guys are so impatient , the world is going through a pandemic , a lot places are still closed , in my case i can`t see my son and his family who live in Melbourne , who under lockdown again , 80% of the workers at the airport where my son works have been stood down , QANTAS is going to sack about 8,5000 workers . get bloody real you guys , where do you live in a fantasy world ? we`ve all got plenty of tables to play with in the meantime . sometimes i think you guys remind me of a heroin addict looking for another hit . have a great day
    While I think the pandemic has had some effect, I don’t think it’s the whole story. Other developers are still producing things. Thus, the restlessness. I mean come on...to go the whole year almost with nothing at all even after an announcement quite some time ago, is a little bit off putting don’t you think? I think we would still be in much of the same situation without the pandemic. So then what would your response be? The same? Different?

While I think great things are ahead and that things will work out, being kept in the dark is something that has ALWAYS fustrated me about Zen, even in the best of times. And I have been quite patient...but it’s been literally long enough to conceive and bring a baby into the world. Time for Zen’s new baby to see the light of day too...lol.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112