Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Ran out of time, never got around to it? Same reasons why we didn't have a chance to see Fire!, Big Guns, Road Kings, Mousin' Around, etc.
    Really hope from now on we will get one unreleased table per new pack. It will be a better reason to buy the packs. I mesn, im enjoying all packs so far, got them on Switch, but now knowing something new is coming is very exciting! Bad Cats incoming next?

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); XB1 (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Really hope from now on we will get one unreleased table per new pack. It will be a better reason to buy the packs.
    That's what I'm hoping as well.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really hope from now on we will get one unreleased table per new pack. It will be a better reason to buy the packs. I mesn, im enjoying all packs so far, got them on Switch, but now knowing something new is coming is very exciting! Bad Cats incoming next?
    So here's a problem with games like Bad Cats, because they have no multiball. Sure, we got Cyclone and much older games in Pinball Arcade and other compilations, but think about it in Zen's perspective. All of their games have a multiball upgrade.

Bad Cats is single-ball. I'm pretty sure they have a short list of games, single-ball play only, with a VERY low priority attached.

My Devices
    PC, iOS
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FX3 is only 3 years old, and FX2 was 7 by the time they removed it from the stores, so I'm debunking that rumor. It'll probably be a few years before we see FX4.
    I wouldn’t be so sure

My Devices
    PC,Android,PS3,PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don`t know if there will come a FX4 by the end of the year or not, but I don`t think that the would change to epic store only, cause that would ruin there warranty that everything you bought can be taken to new version of the game. The bought tables are saved in Steam database and you would need to buy all tables for epic again, cause there isn`t a platform comprehensive save otherwise you wouldn`t need to buy for every console alone

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykaion23 View Post
    I don`t know if there will come a FX4 by the end of the year or not, but I don`t think that the would change to epic store only, cause that would ruin there warranty that everything you bought can be taken to new version of the game. The bought tables are saved in Steam database and you would need to buy all tables for epic again, cause there isn`t a platform comprehensive save otherwise you wouldn`t need to buy for every console alone
    There isn't any warranty for current Zen game content that applies to future games that Zen may release. You know, there are quite a number of tables that have disappeared over the years as licenses expire and platforms change. Steam is a platform, and Epic is a separate platform, just as GOG is it's own platform, the platform is a user account within that digital store, not the specific hardware you play on.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there would be a switch to Epic, they would lose a customer in me.
    Brick to drain, brick to drain, brick to drain.......

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FX3 is only 3 years old, and FX2 was 7 by the time they removed it from the stores, so I'm debunking that rumor. It'll probably be a few years before we see FX4.
    Doubt. They showcased new flipper physics on their AFM Arcade1UP cabinet. They're still tweaking the physics so that by the time Arcade1UP Williams releases, we'll start seeing them on FX3 as well.
    Williams Pinball Volume 6 is a Steam release. Right now, only Zen's recent indie games are/were Epic Exclusives. If they change to Epic, they'd lose so much of their playerbase on Steam, and that's not a good business move. Myself included.
    Just based on Zen currently recruiting Steam users to be the future Steam forum moderators and game ambassadors tells me they are changing focus. While there are many good things about the Steam platform, there is at least an equal amount of cancer to deal with from a publishers perspective. I'd bet that if Zen did decide to go exclusively Epic, most of us here would probably keep purchasing Zen content.

Here is an interesting article: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3487...ng-better.html

"At GDC, Epic said more than 85 million accounts were using the Epic Games Store already—and that 40 percent of them didn’t have a corresponding Steam account."
    Last edited by trash80; 08-03-2020 at 01:17 AM.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suffocater View Post
    If there would be a switch to Epic, they would lose a customer in me.
    And pick up 10 new customers to replace you with the Zen pinball inside of Fortnite promotion.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Epic's store is laughable, I wouldn't even consider it competition. After 1-2 years of being available, they still don't have a !@#$ing shopping cart. Consider these:

If Zen changes to Epic from Steam and their entire catalog moves there, how can we move what we already have? If Zen releases FX4 on there without backwards compatibility?

Zen also has MANY DLC available. Imagine trying to purchase every single pack. Individually. Out of all games I've seen on the Epic Store, I see no DLC for any of them. (EDIT: Probably in-game DLC. Point still stands.)

If Zen goes Epic Exclusive for next-gen, their "Pinball Everywhere 2.0" narrative gets debunked. Period. Last I checked, "everywhere" and "exclusive" don't go well together.

EDIT 2: They're also looking for mods/"Operators" on Reddit, so Steam's not the only platform.

----

P.S. I tried Fortnite back in Season 4. Didn't like it. I'm not going to create another Epic account just for pinball.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 08-03-2020 at 08:50 AM.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic's store is laughable, I wouldn't even consider it competition. After 1-2 years of being available, they still don't have a !@#$ing shopping cart. Consider these:
    If Zen changes to Epic from Steam and their entire catalog moves there, how can we move what we already have? If Zen releases FX4 on there without backwards compatibility?
    Zen also has MANY DLC available. Imagine trying to purchase every single pack. Individually. Out of all games I've seen on the Epic Store, I see no DLC for any of them. (EDIT: Probably in-game DLC. Point still stands.)
    If Zen goes Epic Exclusive for next-gen, their "Pinball Everywhere 2.0" narrative gets debunked. Period. Last I checked, "everywhere" and "exclusive" don't go well together.
    EDIT 2: They're also looking for mods/"Operators" on Reddit, so Steam's not the only platform.----
    P.S. I tried Fortnite back in Season 4. Didn't like it. I'm not going to create another Epic account just for pinball.
    You can follow the Epic store dev process here: https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Backwards compatibility doesn't mean what you state. If Microsoft decided to make a new OS and not support X86 executables then you would have no backwards compatibility. Your FX2 and FX3 purchases on Steam will continue to work as long as Valve is in business and Zen doesn't shut down their online servers. Should Zen make a completely new pinball game from the ground up and call it "Zen Pinball World featuring Stern Pinball" and release it as a timed exclusive on Epic I'm pretty sure lots of us will make an Epic account just to purchase it.

Does your idea of Pinball Everywhere include physical copies, GOG, and the various localized game and app stores out there? And if I remember correctly, there have been previous Zen tables only available on specific hardware, and it wouldn't shock me to see some Arcade1Up or Xbox/Playstation/Switch exclusives at some point in the future again.

The whole "operators" thing signals they may be moving away from active direct studio interaction within forums and boards that are not Zen branded and controlled. Many game (like Stern) companies are taking this approach more and more as they find little return on investment and a general negative to morale from places like Steam and Pinside forums. And going back to the original point, the Epic store will never have reviews or forums, and maybe that is a good thing.
    Last edited by trash80; 08-03-2020 at 09:24 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    You can follow the Epic store dev process here: https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Backwards compatibility doesn't mean what you state. If Microsoft decided to make a new OS and not support X86 executables then you would have no backwards compatibility. Your FX2 and FX3 purchases on Steam will continue to work as long as Valve is in business and Zen doesn't shut down their online servers. Should Zen make a completely new pinball game from the ground up and call it "Zen Pinball World featuring Stern Pinball" and release it as a timed exclusive on Epic I'm pretty sure lots of us will make an Epic account just to purchase it.

Does your idea of Pinball Everywhere include physical copies, GOG, and the various localized game and app stores out there? And if I remember correctly, there have been previous Zen tables only available on specific hardware, and it wouldn't shock me to see some Arcade1Up or Xbox/Playstation/Switch exclusives at some point in the future again.
    Their roadmap is also laughable. I've seen it before, back when the Epic Store first launched, and the fact they didn't meet their deadlines for certain projects shows it.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...cking-features

Fair point with backwards compatibility, I was going off of FX2-FX3. Even some games I have that were built for Vista/7 don't work well with 10.

Like I said, I'm still not purchasing anything off of the Epic Store. I'm all for them exploring new avenues, but I have my reasons and I'd rather not deep dive here.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their roadmap is also laughable. I've seen it before, back when the Epic Store first launched, and the fact they didn't meet their deadlines for certain projects shows it.
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...cking-features
    Fair point with backwards compatibility, I was going off of FX2-FX3. Even some games I have that were built for Vista/7 don't work well with 10.
    Like I said, I'm still not purchasing anything off of the Epic Store. I'm all for them exploring new avenues, but I have my reasons and I'd rather not deep dive here.
    I'm no fan of Epic (from a behind the scenes perspective) and haven't purchased anything either. However, I do log in each week just to get the free game(s) of which I still have never installed a single one since 99% are games I already own on Steam. I figure at some point I will gift the account to someone that is interested.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic Fail incoming if it happen lol. Seriously. No way i see Zen switching to Epic.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic Fail incoming if it happen lol. Seriously. No way i see Zen switching to Epic.
    Zen already switched to Epic. The last three Zen game releases: Operancia, Dread Nautical, and Castlestorm II were all Epic Store exclusives. A Zen rep posted last year in the Steam forum that the future FX3 DLC packs scheduled for release would not be exclusive to Epic. The speculation is that Zen may go timed exclusive for the next iteration of their main Pinball game, this may also include exclusive original design third-party IP table packs for Xbox or PS5 just like they have done in the past.

The way it could happen and facilitate the investment required is they release specific editions for each 'next gen' platform and name them accordingly and have each include a unique to that platform initial free table. So on the PS5 you get a FTP God of War table, and Xbox you get a FTP Halo table and on Epic it could be a FTP Fortnite table. Then most previous DLC will be upgraded to 120+fps, 4k+, raytracing and VR capable without requiring us to repurchase DLC in the Xbox or PS stores. I suppose the Epic store will only have in-game DLC purchasing, so maybe Zen will associate previous PC purchases to a Zen account on the PC, but considering everything that is being done to remaster these tables for next gen, maybe we will all need to repurchase and Zen could provide us with some loyalty discount or something. Honestly, we already have many of us that have purchased the DLC on multiple platforms, so why not another?
    Last edited by trash80; 08-03-2020 at 01:30 PM.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    Zen already switched to Epic. The last three Zen game releases: Operancia, Dread Nautical, and Castlestorm II were all Epic Store exclusives. A Zen rep posted last year in the Steam forum that the future FX3 DLC packs scheduled for release would not be exclusive to Epic. The speculation is that Zen may go timed exclusive for the next iteration of their main Pinball game, this may also include exclusive original design third-party IP table packs for Xbox or PS5 just like they have done in the past.

The way it could happen and facilitate the investment required is they release specific editions for each 'next gen' platform and name them accordingly and have each include a unique to that platform initial free table. So on the PS5 you get a FTP God of War table, and Xbox you get a FTP Halo table and on Epic it could be a FTP Fortnite table. Then most previous DLC will be upgraded to 120+fps, 4k+, raytracing and VR capable without requiring us to repurchase DLC in the Xbox or PS stores. I suppose the Epic store will only have in-game DLC purchasing, so maybe Zen will associate previous PC purchases to a Zen account on the PC, but considering everything that is being done to remaster these tables for next gen, maybe we will all need to repurchase and Zen could provide us with some loyalty discount or something. Honestly, we already have many of us that have purchased the DLC on multiple platforms, so why not another?
    Oh wow, pardon my ignorance, didnt knew Zen already was having exclusive stuff on Epic store. But for pinball, not sure it is a great idea to have specific dlc on each platforms. Im just not also seeing Epic as strong as Steam, perhaps they take way less royalty than Steam, but, if as example FX4 was a Epic exclusive, sure pinball fans would download it to get it, i would, but im not just a fan of the client, interface. Having everything in Steam seem the way to go for me.

My Devices
    xbox1s , laptop
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i`m with you HighFive , that would be great .

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    The guy who posted said it was Space Station, not Space Shuttle, which means something unreleased by Farsight!!!
    I'm all in for volume 6. Space Station was one of my more wanted tables in TPA. Although I won't say no to Funhouse (one of my personal faves)-hopefully it's not too easy as it was in TPA.

#1 IN ALL WORLDS!
    Last edited by rehtroboi40; 08-04-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    After User, the same five patterns repeat.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in also! I only have to make one big decision. Switch or Steam? I love the look and play on the PC, and right now I only have the switch handheld but might get the console. This pack looks too good to pass up!

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I'm all in also! I only have to make one big decision. Switch or Steam? I love the look and play on the PC, and right now I only have the switch handheld but might get the console. This pack looks too good to pass up!

Doesn't sound like a decision. Playing pinball on a small screen isn't much fun. I hope that the future continues to be 1 prime, 1 other, 1 retro table.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Doesn't sound like a decision. Playing pinball on a small screen isn't much fun. I hope that the future continues to be 1 prime, 1 other, 1 retro table.
    I have to agree with you, but there's something so satisfying about using the trigger buttons in landscape mode. The bonus is that is also does portrait mode, so that helps. I also really enjoy the experience.
    But.... Steam will likely win out. Using my laptop is a bit clunkier, but it's worth it if the end experience is fun!

My Devices
    iPhone 5s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also keep in mind that the console versions (including Switch) of the WMS tables are censored, so PC should be the better choice.

My Devices
    Ipad Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karussellbremser View Post
    Also keep in mind that the console versions (including Switch) of the WMS tables are censored, so PC should be the better choice.
    I had heard of the censoring but didn't realize it differed by platform. Thanks!

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an option in the Steam version to disable/enable the censoring on the Williams tables and that isn't in any of the console versions.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910