Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was terrible. I was watching the CAxtreme feed watching some guy draw a moon patrol poster and then it would keep stopping and playing some other random video. At around. 245 it just went blank and said coming soon. I eventually switched to the zen channel and saw the reveal of the three games but missed anything else.

A waste of 30 minutes of my time for the same video they値l have on twitter in 5 minutes. Yes it痴 the same ones mentioned here. Video looks great tho. Have to watch it again to see if they showed anything dmd wise since these don稚 have them.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    Did they announce a release date? I put it on for a little bit, but there was no picture. I would love to see a trailer.
    No release date and no other additional information. Though they did state that their current pinball dev team is larger than normal. So maybe they are working on something interesting for the Asian market.

No new info from Arcade1Up either... oh well.
    Last edited by trash80; 08-01-2020 at 11:08 AM.

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy about Space Station! Something new to play god.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it痴 my twitch iPad app that did the switching. PC upstairs stayed on channel the whole time. Twitter trailer below.

https://twitter.com/pinballfx/status...275100160?s=21

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    This was terrible. I was watching the CAxtreme feed watching some guy draw a moon patrol poster and then it would keep stopping and playing some other random video. At around. 245 it just went blank and said coming soon. I eventually switched to the zen channel and saw the reveal of the three games but missed anything else.

A waste of 30 minutes of my time for the same video they’ll have on twitter in 5 minutes. Yes it’s the same ones mentioned here. Video looks great tho. Have to watch it again to see if they showed anything dmd wise since these don’t have them.
    The DMD area just contains the normal alpha-numeric information.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping for a bit more about new stuff than just a regular table pack release, but it was nice seeing them..Space Station looks great! Will be nice to have something not done by farsight already. And it was super interesting hearing how popular pinball has been in Hungary and how there were more pinball per capita there, than anywhere else in the world. Amazing.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    I was hoping for a bit more about new stuff than just a regular table pack release, but it was nice seeing them..Space Station looks great! Will be nice to have something not done by farsight already. And it was super interesting hearing how popular pinball has been in Hungary and how there were more pinball per capita there, than anywhere else in the world. Amazing.
    It will be interesting to see how people respond to Space Station. Since it has no in-lanes, the flipper physics will be very important. If you haven't ever played Space Station before, there is a nice VPX rendition (with floating scoring text even) out there that you can try.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    Feel the same a bit. I mean, very excited to play Space Station, but nothing else was announced. Improved physics for Zen tables, maybe custom DMD i was expecting for these solid state with their animations, nothing much that just a regular pack announced. Sure they team up with arcade1up for home pinballs, but nothing was showned. Not going to complain too much, im getting something new ( finally! ) to play. Just hope it will be the standard from now on, a new fresh table per pack witll make me happy.

My Devices
    Xbox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what was the big announcement?

Just a new pack? Not even an release date?

Nothing about the new physics on the older packs?

My Devices
    PS4 (TPA, PFX3); XB1 (Zaccaria)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Just hope it will be the standard from now on, a new fresh table per pack will make me happy.
    Ditto!

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Happy National Pinball Day, everyone!

My Devices
    XBOX One S, Galaxy Note 10+, Windows 10 PC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping they will dig back and find it in their hearts to release William's Triple Strike, the best most brutal pinball game I've ever played.

Makes Big Shot look easy.
    I used to use Windows Vista, then I took an Aero in the knee

XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out my latest PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

Older videos can be found here:
    High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Very happy about Space Station! Something new to play god.
    Ditto and thank you Zen! We've been asking for something that wasn't in TPA before and there it is! Can't wait to play it.

My Devices
    xbox1s , laptop
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short video of each table on Zen's website.

http://blog.zenstudios.com/press/

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impressions from watching the B-rolls (also uploaded on YouTube by the LUP's Club) are that they actually used someone that can play a bit (compared to the UM B-rolls) and that the physics is changed again (for the positive). The ball seems to be faster again and with a whole lot less bounce than Vol 5. Flipper tricks seem to work well. It is not nearly as fast and the ball doesn't have a lot of inertia so is easier to control compared to Vol's 1 - 3. The player is though decent and make good decisions in controlling the ball. Maybe they used Pinballwiz45b and not one of the Zen staff ... or maybe during lockdown they had lots of time to play and improve ;-)
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Discord server - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Maybe they used Pinballwiz45b and not one of the Zen staff ... or maybe during lockdown they had lots of time to play and improve ;-)
    They didn't. None of us were asked to record gameplay and submit. It's someone on staff.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure wish these were being released this week!
    I’m taking some “use it or lose it” vacation time this week, but not really going anywhere due to the pandemic.

Anybody have any inkling as to the release date?
    (Looking forward to removing “Funhouse” from my list below!)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    Sure wish these were being released this week!
    I’m taking some “use it or lose it” vacation time this week, but not really going anywhere due to the pandemic.

Anybody have any inkling as to the release date?
    (Looking forward to removing “Funhouse” from my list below!)
    With the previous packs, Zen would release about two weeks after reveal, but each of those instances had a release date attached to the reveal. So, sometime in August may be a safe bet, plus these have been "ready" since March/April indicating that the marketing department (or Arcade1Up) has held up the release of these.
    Last edited by trash80; 08-02-2020 at 06:45 AM.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given its the first pack of the year, will be interesting how many more are released this year. Given the timings of releases last year, would something similar be too optimistic - after this one then one towards end of October (either Halloween related, or Rise of Skywalker to coincide with Arcade1Up release perhaps), and then what will probably be a safer bet, another in early December so they have something new to sell for Christmas.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never played Space Station. Any ideas why Farsight never did this unlicensed table?

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strells View Post
    I've never played Space Station. Any ideas why Farsight never did this unlicensed table?
    Ran out of time, never got around to it? Same reasons why we didn't have a chance to see Fire!, Big Guns, Road Kings, Mousin' Around, etc.

My Devices
    Xbox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this upcoming new pack release is to cross the bridge between now and the end of the year when the new consoles come out. FX4 will be released on those new platforms with some improvements and a different rating so the censorships isnt needed anymore. Thats probably the time to release some licensed tables and tables like Jackbot and Bride of Pinbot.

An other thing in FX4 is probably the latest physics implemented in older releases aswell. Its not happening in fx3 because of the leaderboards. If I remember right they also had two Zen originals ready to be released last year or earlier this year we dont hear anything about anymore. Probably saved for FX4.

Maybe they also switch platform from Steam to Epic.
    Last edited by PinJimmy; 08-02-2020 at 03:00 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinJimmy View Post
    I think this upcoming new pack release is to cross the bridge between now and the end of the year when the new consoles come out. FX4 will be released on those new platforms with some improvements and a different rating so the censorships isnt needed anymore. Thats probably the time to release some licensed tables and tables like Jackbot and Bride of Pinbot.
    FX3 is only 3 years old, and FX2 was 7 by the time they removed it from the stores, so I'm debunking that rumor. It'll probably be a few years before we see FX4.

An other thing in FX4 is probably the latest physics implemented in older releases aswell. Its not happening in fx3 because of the leaderboards. If I remember right they also had two Zen originals ready to be released last year or earlier this year we dont hear anything about anymore. Probably saved for FX4.
    Doubt. They showcased new flipper physics on their AFM Arcade1UP cabinet. They're still tweaking the physics so that by the time Arcade1UP Williams releases, we'll start seeing them on FX3 as well.

Maybe they also switch platform from Steam to Epic.
    Williams Pinball Volume 6 is a Steam release. Right now, only Zen's recent indie games are/were Epic Exclusives. If they change to Epic, they'd lose so much of their playerbase on Steam, and that's not a good business move. Myself included.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast