Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Zen already switched to Epic. The last three Zen game releases: Operancia, Dread Nautical, and Castlestorm II were all Epic Store exclusives. A Zen rep posted last year in the Steam forum that the future FX3 DLC packs scheduled for release would not be exclusive to Epic. The speculation is that Zen may go timed exclusive for the next iteration of their main Pinball game, this may also include exclusive original design third-party IP table packs for Xbox or PS5 just like they have done in the past.

The way it could happen and facilitate the investment required is they release specific editions for each 'next gen' platform and name them accordingly and have each include a unique to that platform initial free table. So on the PS5 you get a FTP God of War table, and Xbox you get a FTP Halo table and on Epic it could be a FTP Fortnite table. Then most previous DLC will be upgraded to 120+fps, 4k+, raytracing and VR capable without requiring us to repurchase DLC in the Xbox or PS stores. I suppose the Epic store will only have in-game DLC purchasing, so maybe Zen will associate previous PC purchases to a Zen account on the PC, but considering everything that is being done to remaster these tables for next gen, maybe we will all need to repurchase and Zen could provide us with some loyalty discount or something. Honestly, we already have many of us that have purchased the DLC on multiple platforms, so why not another?

Oh wow, pardon my ignorance, didnt knew Zen already was having exclusive stuff on Epic store. But for pinball, not sure it is a great idea to have specific dlc on each platforms. Im just not also seeing Epic as strong as Steam, perhaps they take way less royalty than Steam, but, if as example FX4 was a Epic exclusive, sure pinball fans would download it to get it, i would, but im not just a fan of the client, interface. Having everything in Steam seem the way to go for me.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Really hope from now on we will get one unreleased table per new pack. It will be a better reason to buy the packs. I mesn, im enjoying all packs so far, got them on Switch, but now knowing something new is coming is very exciting! Bad Cats incoming next? :)
i`m with you HighFive , that would be great .:cool:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The guy who posted said it was Space Station, not Space Shuttle, which means something unreleased by Farsight!!!

I'm all in for volume 6. Space Station was one of my more wanted tables in TPA. Although I won't say no to Funhouse (one of my personal faves)-hopefully it's not too easy as it was in TPA.

#1 IN ALL WORLDS!

Last edited:

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
I'm all in also! I only have to make one big decision. Switch or Steam? I love the look and play on the PC, and right now I only have the switch handheld but might get the console. This pack looks too good to pass up!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I'm all in also! I only have to make one big decision. Switch or Steam? I love the look and play on the PC, and right now I only have the switch handheld but might get the console. This pack looks too good to pass up!

Doesn't sound like a decision. Playing pinball on a small screen isn't much fun. I hope that the future continues to be 1 prime, 1 other, 1 retro table.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Doesn't sound like a decision. Playing pinball on a small screen isn't much fun. I hope that the future continues to be 1 prime, 1 other, 1 retro table.
I have to agree with you, but there's something so satisfying about using the trigger buttons in landscape mode. The bonus is that is also does portrait mode, so that helps. I also really enjoy the experience.
But.... Steam will likely win out. Using my laptop is a bit clunkier, but it's worth it if the end experience is fun!

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
There is an option in the Steam version to disable/enable the censoring on the Williams tables and that isn't in any of the console versions.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I know, can’t believe how long it feels since we had new tables to play. This wait is excruciating. Really hope I enjoy the tables when they come after all this anticipation, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Pack 6 Announced on 8/1. It’s 9/10 and no release date. Something is just weird there. Isn’t this exactly why Zen says they hold announcements back so they don’t do this?

On another note. 10/9/18 was the release date of Williams pack 1. We’re less than 30 days away from the 2 year anniversary. Anyone remember what the timing on those Farsight deals with scientific games were? 2 years? I think it was number of titles based too. Think contract negotiations / renegotiations could be a reason for the delays? Nothing on that AFM 1up machine since January too. Hmmmmm

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
oh jeez lol... could you imagine zen losing williams/farsight and a 3rd friggin company starting over again... ahhhhhhhhh calgone take me away

Canned Tuna

Jun 18, 2020
Pack 6 Announced on 8/1. It’s 9/10 and no release date. Something is just weird there.

Very weird, indeed. When I first heard the rumours about the problems with the alphanumeric displays I knew that something was fishy. Don't all 90's Williams machines use variations of the same WPC MPU to control the displays? The DMDs work by forming graphics with energized dots, the alphanumeric displays work by forming text with energized segments. Same controller, almost same concept, only a lot simpler with the alphanumerics. None of this makes any sense.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I'm pretty certain it is all a grand conspiracy and has nothing to do with restricted access to resources and labor due to a pandemic.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The Williams license isn’t going anywhere, let’s just shut that down right now. I’m privy to info I can’t share, but that I can say without fear of legal reprisal.

Lroy

Mar 9, 2019
I’m certainly not feeling hyped anymore. Far too long now since Volume 5 was released. Whatever is causing this delay with new tables being released, I think Zen could have done a far better job at conveying that to their customers.

If it’s a coding/development problem tell us that. If it’s because they have/are taking a strategically decided break from doing any more table packs to focus on something else full-time, such as these Arcade1up cabs or to develop PBFX3/4 for the new Microsoft/Sony console instead, tell us that in plain language.

I think now, I’d just prefer 1 new table a month or however long it takes (6 weeks I think was once the aim?) rather than such spread out table packs.

I definitely can do without anymore trailers or teasers revealing a release date for Volume 6. As far as that ‘coming soon’ pack goes, I just want Zen to tell us on the day it is up for purchase and ‘out now’.

I actually wish there were another company putting out real-life digital pinball recreations - perhaps the Stern back catalogue inclusive of Sega and Data East for example. With FarSight seemingly departed and MagicPixel not updating the Switch with any additional tables or acquiring any other licences, from my little inconsequential side of the fence, Zen have actually got a monopoly which they need to expand their staff then to maximise.

I’m boring myself, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.